Main Menu

AMD settings help

Started by cougerofeq, January 07, 2004, 01:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougerofeq

I build a computer this xmas.  It has an AMD 2500+ chip.  I'm trying to set it correctly.  Currently I have it at 9 x 218/37 = 1962/333 mhz.

I read that the 2500+ amd chip should be set at around 1900.  I also read that a 10x multiplier was best , but with it I cant get my speed very close to 1900 with a 333 bus.

Im not reallly sure what i'm doing and could use any help you guys may offer. I dont really want to overclock - just get the max performance I should be getting and i'm not sure what settings to use.

I have searched the internet but can only find bits and pieces of information.

Scalewulf

Did you try google newsgroups?

I still use the old bookmark, www.dejanews.com --> which now takes you to google newsgroups.  

Without being able to see the options in your bios, it's hard to tell what your setting should be.  

But when it posts, you should see 2500+ (if that's what the chip is).  
Once you have the bios set correctly, it will post correctly.

Tooflus Wunder

The site I use to get all information on any AMD related issue is http://forums.amdmb.com .  It's a great community of folks that really really really...did I stress really enough?  Love everything about AMD chips.  If you have questions I would post em there and they will get answered very quickly.

cougerofeq

Awesome - Thanks for the links.

shenker

Your speed of the chip will depend on what core you have. There is 2 different 2500 cores. I'm currently using the 2500 with the barton core which runs at 1.83 ghz I believe.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)