Previous topic - Next topic

Lewzephyr

Quyx Shadostyx - 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sekani - 57 Iksar Monk
Aoumin - 53 Eurdite Necromancer
Fulcon - 40 Wood Elf Druid
Loyal Members of Da Hui on Quellious

Zorthar

Oh wow, I have seen the EQ one, but not that flight sims one.  I think thats as close to flying a plane as someone could acutally get without doing it :P

DiosT

that eq picture looks like my old setup... though I had my 4 keyboards in front of me (no rotating to hit keys)

I had the keyboard/hotkey setup memorized, didnt need to look at half the monitors to know what keys to push, so i'd hit the '7' key and know my shaman is hitting his JBB.. and my 'tank' computer/screen would be the only one i watch... if i see a fizzle i know hit the key again

Rumtum Tugger

And I get overwhelmed with just 2.  sheesh
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Atropine_BB

Holy crap...

I like EQ... but I've never seen or even thought about doing anything more than just 2 boxing.  Seems a bit extreme...  Although, I wish I had the money for all that hardware!  /drool
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

mac173

QuoteI wish I had the money for all that hardware! /drool

Amen to that. I can't even think about 2 boxing, I'm too much of a clutz both on and off a keyboard. I can't even imagine 6.

It would save a lot of time not having to LFG though.............

ShaitynAB

We had a guy in our guild that effectively tri-boxed a combo of either a chanter, druid, warrior, or cleric.  Guy never missed a snare or a mez.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Jaeren

I 3 box a beastlord, shaman & cleric and don't have too many problems. I throw my ranger or warrior sometimes instead of my beastlord when I'm bored and feel like slashing things with swords :P

I also 2 boxed a bard & cleric for a long time on my other server, was interesting doing stuff like 10th ringwar but besides that, once you do it for a while, it becomes second nature.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

DiosT

I used to do tri-groups in the back of karnor (in basement under dog WL room), all the time..

Rogue(tank), beastlord(damage), Shaman(healer)...

Rogue was 60th, beastlord was ~50th at the time, shaman also was 60th...

Rogue had 1100AC shaman buffed, which is pritty damn good for a guildless roue I think :-)

Anyway, after I had the pattern down i was having some of the most fun i had in EQ ina  while...

it's a rush to play 3 computers, it's sensory overload, which keeps you on top of things, and your mind awake...

if one of your characters goes LOM, you have him sit or med, and use a different toon more, constantly making sure all 3 players are in their place, and sitting if they are a caster...

Another fun thing i did.. I parked my chanter (level 32) in the back of karnor where i did my fighting... on my rogues account...

So my casters also always had Clarity...

No social connections outside OOC/Shout, some tells, few visitors, lots of mobs to myself...

I hermited there for a month straight farming AA's for my rogue, and leveling my beastlord -- shaman was usually out of group since 2 level 60's here is bad exp