Main Menu

Tasks

Started by Grbage, September 20, 2004, 04:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

I'm really disappointed in SOE. They have advertised the task system as something to do when you don't have a lot of time and soloable. Only worked on one task so far and as a solo class it is cake. But for a melee class? I'm going down into Droga and killing flamemasters and I see no way an average equiped melee can do this without help.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Cyphen Wilder

have you tried it with a melee class yet?  from my understanding, the tasks are set different depending on class solo ability.

Grbage

No I havent, guess I need to break out the war and go give it a shot to see what happens.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Eatbugs

Quotefrom my understanding, the tasks are set different depending on class solo ability.

I believe they are, although many of them aren't balanced particularly well.  My Bard has abandoned two out of four tasks so far because they called for soloing in HS or exploring the Royal Library in Chardok.  Bard may be a solo-capable class, but somehow I don't think I'm making my way down there at level 54.  :P
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Calloran

Yeah, I can't do the Droga quests really and I'm a level 63 beastlord (speaking of which, prob need to change signature...).  I've tried them and gotten killed.  Since I'm only equipped with bazaar type stuff, it's VERY difficult to solo that stuff.  I think the tasks are hte same for pretty much all the classes, so not sure how they expect "casual" players to be able to handle them.  It's sad, really.  I was so looking forward to them.  Ah well.
Calloran
65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Tarew Marr

Arminus

My 65 BL, Arminus and my 65 ranger, Xavierr, on Prexus did the task thing. We both were offered 1 task, Filth of Goblins. Arminus, has been able to locate and kill 1 flame master. He has gotten pretty good AA exp and some nice plat. It's a major pain to find the FM's and then tricky to pull them to solo them. I clear what I think is a safe "running zone" so that they can't run to their buds.  Given enough time Arminus will probably complete this task, solo.

Xavierr, on the other hand, may have difficulties. By chance a FM had spawned where he could pull it back toward the zone in. Pulled it with snare then rooted it. Tried shooting it with a stonewood bow, Endless Quiver and Archery mastery 2. The FM is a Wiz and his nukes are greater than my bow damage. So, I went into melee mode. HSB and first half of epic. Not good enough. He was 4% when I died. Admittedly, could have fought smarter. Still, I think that task is too hard to do solo for either character. No other task choices were offered to either char. Xav will try to finish it when he gets AM 3. (5 more aa's away).

Damilex, my 65 warrior, was offered about 9 choices. He is killing mature Chromadacs in Skyfire. 6 down 4 to go.

Perhaps the solution is 6 people getting the same task and completing it. Hmmm, resembles LDON.

Arminus

Lorathir

Quote from: ArminusMy 65 BL, Arminus and my 65 ranger, Xavierr, on Prexus did the task thing. We both were offered 1 task, Filth of Goblins.

/nod

Lv57's are being offered that one too, as well as one in Veeshans Peak.  :shock:

Grbage

Logged on my war and tried a task, it does look like they tried to fit them to the classes with one exception. Without track I've only found one of the mobs I had to kill, gave up in frustration.

On a side note, spent about 4 hours in droga killing to get the 10 flame masters. Gained one full yellow of 65xp killing all those mobs along with the rewarded xp for finishing the task.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Xilbeast

Tried a task on my 23 rogue while sitting idle and lfg the other day.  Started in bbm.  Had to go to lfay, then to mistmoore castle gy, then was told to kill 10 glyphed familars.  I was still lfg so i abandoned the task and went back to bbm.

Got one on my 32 cleric.  Started in bbm.  Told me to go to firona via and kill 10 spiders.  

Im utterally clueless as to where the concept of being something to do while waiting for a group comes into these tasks.

JillieMT

Hopefully this is just the beginning for tasks. The system has potential, but I don't really see the point for them as they are now.

What would be neat is that the task's combat level is not only scaled to the class, but also the entire task itself. Why should a rogue have to go out and kill 10 critters? That is silly. May as well be a warrior for that. A rogue should have to use her abilities to infiltrate a hostile area, and maybe assasinate a single target. Or maybe pickpocket something... An INT caster class may have to acquire texts to research some bit of knowledge. A healer type may trigger a small scale battle, where you are responsible for keeping the NPC guys on your side healed. There are thousands of possibilities...
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio