Main Menu

Solo Spirits

Started by Burning, August 20, 2004, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burning

This is for those who are looking for info on soloing the spirits.  From easiest to hardest.  I am a lvl 65 Troll BST with full ornate, DPOC, SPFs, VIC, a couple of elemental drops, and 123 aas.

Buffs

I have done a few self buffed but I would recommend getting extended KEI, HOV, BSS and Focus.  Self Buffs IOS + Kragg if no focus, SV if no BSS, Regrowth, Endure (resist needed for fight), celerity, SD, frenzy, Fero, Sta, and Dex.  I only used my buffs on pet.  Ensure you and your pet is buffed with Fero the increases to resist are priceless.

Ferrott - Spirit of Decay=Joke

EJ - Spirit of Rage rather easy this was my first one and I messed up by letting pet tank most of the fight and I got low on mana.  I found out later that you dont take that much damage from these mobs if you have defensive aas, so get right in there and fight, then back off, heal pet regen hp, then back in fight.  I also use FTIII tribute.  Towards end of fight I click Bestial alignment for increased damage output.  For all fights find out what resist you need.  At 65 with self buffs and fero I resisted all procs and AOEs so did my pet.

Lesser Faydark -  Spirit of Malevolence=easy

Stonebrunt-Spirit of Torment=easy although the falls are a pain

Swamp of no Hope-Spirit of Sorrow was difficult.  I killed him with 1 bub of mana and 32% life.  He seemed to hit harder and faster than the others.  Dont bother with dots he will resist them.  I resisted all of his stun procs but he has alot of hps.

Perma-Icebound Spirit=?? have not completed this one and plan to do it tonight.  If anyone has some info on how to solo this guy or has some tips please reply here.  I will let you know how it goes.

-Burning
65 Bst The Namless

Rarrum

When I solo'd epic a long time ago, the permafrost one seemed the hardest to me.  I did the turn in at zone in and began running there.  The spirit met me halwfay, at the safe spot after king room.

I would recommend clearing out most of the stuff in the ice giant area on the path from king room to near vox, then run back to zone in and do turn in.  Then run in, but be ready for it anywhere.

Oneiromancer

Last night I soloed the Stonebrunt and Swamp spirits, and duoed the Permafrost one with a bard.  The Stonebrunt one was cake--I never got dispelled or knocked back; with Fero and Endure Magic my MR was almost 200.  Buoyed by that I went on the the Swamp of No Hope gator.  That guy almost worked me--had to back out many times to heal myself and pet.  No spells or procs were landing at all underwater, and finally when the mob was at 30% I tried to go onto land to cast and was able to land a nuke.  Isn't that the reverse of what we are usually told?  In any case I ended that fight at 10% health and mana and pet was at 10% and enraged also.  Never got stunned from the AE once.

Undaunted, I figured the Permafrost one would be easier since my procs and spells would be landing.  Didn't read this post ahead of time, decided to clear out the polar bears where the spirit actually spawns instead.  On the way back got banished by Vox...while invisible and with pet suspended.  Did not realize that it was a banishment back to EF, so I had to resummon and rebuff pet, which got my mana low.  While medding, a good friend of mine logged on to his bard and sent me a tell, and I got him to help me out.  Which was a good thing, since after spawning the Spirit it showed up right before the Ice Giant.  So we had the Ice Giant and 5-6 goblins for most of the fight.  Solo, I probably wouldn't have made it.

After that he stayed with me and we did the fight in Timorous Deep, which was totally easy.  Only issue was the huge aggro radius of the Raptors.  All 6 images spawned and all dropped the shards.  Could have soloed that too I am sure, although I would be worried about the images despawning.  And I was very happy for the Selo's, hehe.  Now I'm 2 drops away from making the claws and doing the final fight.  Should hopefully have a "New Epic" post by the time the weekend's done.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

QuoteNo spells or procs were landing at all underwater, and finally when the mob was at 30% I tried to go onto land to cast and was able to land a nuke. Isn't that the reverse of what we are usually told?

Bizarrely enough, that's the way the croc has always worked.  You need to be in the water to land a heal on a player or pet, but if you're casting on the croc itself nothing will land unless you're out of the water.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Angybby

I duo'ed the permafrost bear with a 65 sk, we did fine, was kind of a pain with adds, I would just make sure to kill everything, even the giants in the caves. I caught him in the caves, so we got 1 or 2 ice giants adds, but we didn't have trouble after slow, just had pet get em.
Fugllee~65th Feral Lord
Arrynadia Silverwisp~63 Enchanter

Tunare Server

xaratul

Quote from: EatbugsBizarrely enough, that's the way the croc has always worked.  You need to be in the water to land a heal on a player or pet, but if you're casting on the croc itself nothing will land unless you're out of the water.

actually, last december when i went to do this one, I had read that heals landed best if the healers were levi'd above the water, so thats what I did. Worked like a charm for me, was probably the easiest fight overall for me. Still gotta get the LFay and Perma ones myself.

Vidyne

Odd... you say Lfay was easy...

My experience:

Some SSRA/Velious/Luclin/Ornate gear
200+ aa at the time.
6300ish hp with Virt

Most of these were done with a 51ish beastlord, I dont mean to discredit the one I helped with epic, but grouping with a 51 is kinda like soloing...  as close as I can get, since everyone I help wants to help.

Spider in Oggok - joke, didnt have to heal, his HP went down about even with mine, threw paragon on when both at 30%, dead.

Wisp in Stonebrunt - Got DMF from necro, casted levi on self, pulled, resisted all procs/spells, killed easily, might have had to heal once, doubtful.

Gorilla in EJ - MASSIVE HP, but only had to move away to heal a couple times I think.  Good thing is all nukes land for full.

Gator in SoNH - 200ish magic resist, never stunned.  Does good dps, had to back off a few times and heal, VERY doable tho and not hard at all, ended fight with 40-50m and 70% life.

Bear in Perma - Similar to the gator, had to back off and heal alot on this one, he got me alot closer to death, 15m and 40% life when he keeled over.  Though I pull elsewhere than most of you, I dont like fighitng down there around the LBs.

Wolf in LFay - Hits FAST, does more dps than any of the other spirits, and I basically had to go into pet cleric mode sitting on my horse at times.  I dont know how you say this is easy......  Its doable, but no its not easy.

Those were basically in order, weakest to strongest for me.

Timorous is .... about as hard as the Gorilla, if you only do single pulls, which a 65 can easily.  For the unslowable one, and the uber resistant one, youll probably have to pet cleric a bit.

All the drops Ive soloed/duoed with the same 51 bst.

The end fight ive never had the guts to solo tho yet.  Just cant see me nuking him down before he gets away, as he runs so fast.