Main Menu

EJ Scout Help plz.

Started by Beastlady, September 30, 2004, 08:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beastlady

Can anyone told me how I can get this scout, I'm camping him for days and he is never up. I heard that sometimes he get killed by wondering mobs.

Any help will be appreciated. :oops:

Eatbugs

He used to be killed by wanderers, but they fixed that over a year ago.  Assuming you're looking for him at about 230, 4200 (To the left along the zone wall as you come out of Field of Bone) you should find him up eventually.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Taiglin

He's kinda up on a hill near a tree IIRC which makes him a bit harder to spot. Doesn't help that his color scheme helps him blend in with the background.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

NoxCruor

I recently camped the EJ one, and yes, it did take a while for him to spawn.  I've also come to realize that unless you're online, at that spot for 24 hours a day, at least for 3 days, you won't see him without a lot of luck.  People will kill him, other bsts on the server will come and use him for the epic drop...only thing I can advise....is be patient :)  I know it's hard, but you'll get it.  Promise :)
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Dakat

If your unable to find the mob, here is the fastest way to get to his location.  Have a druid or wizard port you over to Emerald Jungle. Once you both are in the zone, have him evac you in the zone. You will pop right close to the zone to FoB.  Once here, the druid can track him if the scout is up.  If you dont have a tracker, just start out by turning left keeping the zone wall on your left side. Run along the zone wall, high as you can. you will see a hill with a small flat surface and a tree on it. The Scout spawns at the tree.  When doing turn in, the Gorilla will spawn inside the ruin near the steps leading down to the lower section of EJ.

Good luck on finding him. A lot of old players are doing the epic quest now just to save time when doing 1.5.  He is on a 3 day timer. If you spawn the scout but fail to kill the gorilla, the gorilla will despawn 30 minutes to 2 hours later.  It might be 1 hour but I know it does despawn if not killed.  The scout despawns as well, if the scout despawns after the failed attempt, it will respawn exactly 24 hours later.

I wish you luck.