Main Menu

New top 10 list(10/20/04)...

Started by Tastian, October 20, 2004, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soloer

The original post was a great outline! I hope that they do something soon to make us more usesful on raids and in oow groups as stated. At this point I have thought about changing to one of my alts if we aren't fixed soon, or even worse move on to something else.

I have enjoyed playing a beast for the most part, but after PoP we have become less and less effectual as a class. With EQ2 out and EQ customer service being in the toilet for about 2 years, I won't hold my breath and will mourn for my beast should I have to abandoned him after over 2 years.

I hope that Sony will do some things soon, we have been waiting a long time to be a more usefull class.

Soloer
Soloer - Elder Wildblood, Beastlord of Prexus

Kreseth

Quote from: SoloerI have enjoyed playing a beast for the most part, but after PoP we have become less and less effectual as a class. With EQ2 out and EQ customer service being in the toilet for about 2 years, I won't hold my breath and will mourn for my beast should I have to abandoned him after over 2 years.

Ummm...sony customer service hasn't been in the toilet for 2 years.  That's simply untrue.  We've been serviced with consistent quality since day one.  Sure, that quality was BAD service, but it's been consistent dammit!

--Kreseth

cougerofeq

Service is worse now - you get an automated "sorry we cant help you, /bug it" versus a person.

Kreseth

Sure but it's a wash since you don't have to spend nearly the amount of time yelling about how bad the service sucks when you get machine replies compared to a poor guide that wants to help but can't or a GM that just doesn't listen ;)

--Kreseth

Armew

I would hate to see the amount of hate generated by our slow, cripple, and dots lowered.  I count on slow and a dot to hold arrgo when I have to tank.  Then another dot and cripple  if a wizard or druid over nukes.
I can easily tank mobs in MPG and off tank in RSS.  Tanking is not my favorite roll.

Arrgo issues in groups is the fault the tank not knowing how to hold arrog or not having the "items" need to hold arrgo, but if you are casting all your dots slowing at once yes you are going to get arrgo. Same applies for shaman and other classes that over nuke/ over dot in the begining.

I find Roar of Thunder is great for shifting arrgo.
Armew (Vah Shir) Vazaelle Triality

Shirrkarn Ayge

Have to agree with you Armew, although I personally love tanking MPG/RS.  Agro from spells is something that should be learned as you progress through a class. Fair enough, for the effect our spells do then the agro is crazy, but some of us do rely on that.

This all comes down to the lack of 'developers' who have played classes to all levels. Yes the agro from our dot's is overpowered, but personally I play with guild-mates who can easily cope with that agro.

No idea on roar yet, as I have other things to spend AA on :)
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tastian

I honestly don't understand how some people still don't get what is being said about aggro and our spells.  I don't know a single time it's been said that aggro on our slow should be lower, or on incap, or on flash of light or many other spells.  It has also never been said that dots should be zero aggro.  At the sametime though it's not right or reasonable for chimera blood to have over 5X the aggro for the same damage as a nuke.  Especially not if the dmg it does factors at all into our dmg dealing abilities.  It's nice to have a low mana spell like tainted that rocks well tanking or to aggro kite at tables or whatever else, but at the sametime it sucks@$$ not being able to use some of these dmg dealing spells to actually deal damage because the aggro is so out of wack.  

There is plenty of grey area where beastlords dots can be more function and reasonable in terms of the aggro they generate for the damage they do.  Well also allowing beastlords to continue being aggro whores and tanking/kiting as they see fit.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Was not trying to be controversial Tastian, and I agree the high end dots need looked at, but I personally find I can control agro as needed, just I cannot use  chimera blood.

As I tried to say, we need people in charge, not just our rep, who have played the class from lvl 1 to lvl 70 700AA to truly understand our problems
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tastian

I hear ya shir and I understand.  You just have no idea how hard it is to make certain things clear.  Every single day I hear about how beastlords shouldn't do rogue level dps, buff as well as shaman, tank as well as a knight.  It's like OMFG people listen to what's being said and asked for lol.  I just try very hard to keep things as clear as possible.  

The fact is there are some beastlords that don't even understand some of our issues or realize why some of them happen.  I know a 70th 650AA'd beastlord that is going to be raiding anguish in a week or two tops.  They started playing their beastlord the week luclin went live and they honestly think the reason they get aggro is because they are doing more dps than everyone else.  This is someone who "Loves" beastlord dots, uses an ED Offhand and "knows" they are out dps'n 24dmg poker rogues consistently lol.  

Chimera blood is seriously insane aggro isn't it? lol  It reminds me of the new terror for SKs.  Before a new SK gets it they hear about how much aggro it is and how good it is and then everyone I know goes "OMFG this rocks!!" the second they finally get to play with the spell.  Most beastlords I know were like "yeah it'll be some aggro" in regards to chimera blood, but if they actually use it and if they have crit affliction then wow.  Just one of those spells, but I think it is just another case of the people making spells/gear/AAs just following what has been there for beastlords and doing X*1.3 and that's how it goes.  I don't know how many beastlords will ever get to experience the delight that is tacvi, or the pleasure of getting through uqua and all of GoD progression, to finally kill a mob after and get a beastlord only weapon that parses out at ~5dps more than an ED MH.  Oh the joy of yet another OH weapon upgrade /sigh.