Main Menu

Is anyone tending our top 10?

Started by Zannar, April 20, 2005, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

Quote from: Hereki on April 21, 2005, 07:33:11 AM
Quote from: Strigori on April 21, 2005, 03:30:03 AM
the dev post on our boards really made it look like the slow wil be implemeted as a 4th rune, which is, fair to say, going to be extreemly unpopular. Especially given the difficulty if aquiring Glowings, and ahveing to take a worthless spell ahead of it.
What was posted would also fit it being bought with mission points, although I did notice that everyone seemed to assume that it would be a rune.

Rytan said the method will likely be the same as "similar level spells".  The new slow is slated to be a level 70 spell.  Currently there is no way to get a level 70 spell except through runes.  The highest level spell that you can get with mission points is level 61.  The level 69 DoN spell (which still isn't 70, but we could argue that it's "similar" to 70) is acquired by doing the DoN progression quest up to and including Emoush (24 person event).

So, to recap, if what Rytan said pans out (seems the final decision had not been made) then it will either be:

1.  A muramite level 70 rune (glowing), or

2. A quest that requires 6 solo/duo DoN missions, 2 group DoN missions, and a drop from a 24-person DoN event.

So I can see why people might think the spell will be obtained via a 70 rune, but I don't see how anyone can say that it might be purchased with mission points based on what Rytan said.

EDIT:  Apparently Rytan was more specific in what he said to Tastian.  In the Spells forum, in the thread titled "New slow on Test?", he was quoted as saying:

QuoteThis spell, and the equivalent enchanter and shaman spells, will most likely be available via the rune turn in system as are the vast majority of the 66-70 spells.  The problems with beastlords slowing in groups is primarily a high end issue, and the difficulty in acquiring them should be of commensurate difficulty.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hereki

Quote from: Bengali on April 26, 2005, 07:07:17 PM
So I can see why people might think the spell will be obtained via a 70 rune, but I don't see how anyone can say that it might be purchased with mission points based on what Rytan said.

Yes, you do, because you explained why above.  69 and 70 are similar levels - enough said.

Mahes

That's not what he said.

He referred to one spell in DoN, because the one spell is more or less like a level 70 spell.

There's no real point in twisting each other's words and arguing internally about this.  Every indication given to us so far says it will be a level 70 rune.  This also makes sense in that if you're giving someone a level 70 spell for balance, you should make it available in OoW and not require another expansion (DoN) to get it.  And I'm sorry....yes Glowing Runes are not dropping like candy, but they have increased the drop rate and anyone willing to put forth an effort to get one, will.  If you don't exp in RSS or deep in MPG, or you don't do MPG trials, odds are you also don't exp in The Nest or pre-slow trash on Anguish clearings...so why even worry about the spell?  We keep saying this is only an issue in high-end zones, right?  So if you go there, you'll get your spell.

Here's a thought, though....let's wait and see what they say.  Tastian, I believe, has already expressed our displeasure with the 70 rune turn-in.

Urim

Quote from: HerekiQuote from: Bengali on Yesterday at 02:07:17 PM

Yes, you do, because you explained why above.  69 and 70 are similar levels - enough said.

Did you read what he wrote or done any DoN progression. It is unlikely that it will be bought with DoN because the lvl 69 spell (the one you said was so similar to 70) was only received from doing the progression quest. The lvl 61 spell was the one bought with mission points, and 61 is no where near similar to 70.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Birdienumnum

Mainly in reply to Zanois.
Not everyone that plays EQ has an obsession to level up as fast as possible to the max level.
Of course I do not suggest that it is wrong to rush to max level either. There are differing views of what is important to the player, thank goodness.
I believe that the majority of accounts level slowly after level 45. Some folk do tradeskills, others spend more time with other chars.

Birdienumnum

Rhoam

Also in response to Zanois, I think you are out of touch with the non raiding player's difficulty in obtaining these runes. Not everyone has the kind of gear you have, in fact you are probably in the top 1 percentile as far the quality of your gear is concerned. Also, not everyone has access to the kind of regular exp grps that you might. If you have that kind of gear as a bst, I can only imagine that you can regularly grp with plate tanks and clerics that make the rune drop mobs almost  a trivial challenge.  Dont get me wrong,  I admire that you have the gear you do, but you are not representative of 99 % of the beastlords out there when it comes to considering whether any gear is hard to come by at this stage in your eq career. IE, an uber beastlord cannot properly determine whether something is hard to obtain for anyone, other than himself.