Main Menu

IoS left out :(

Started by Tiroon, November 25, 2005, 01:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiroon

Ngreth has confirmed here that Infusion of Spirit was not on the list of PoP spells that were to receive a DoD research recipe. :x

Most likely the person who made the list saw it as a lower level shaman buff that we get at a later stage rather than a beastlord spell that was given to shamen so they can buff our little alts.

Considering the rarity of the spell I think it would not be too much to ask the devs to create a recipe for the spell.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

hakaaba

It really was a beastlord spell that they added shaman to, not the other way around.  If they forgot this, that is kind of unfortunate -- but it shows how much they really know about our class.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

That was always an issue and it still amazes me how many people don't understand the situation.  Would people like to see this become researchable?  What other spells aren't?  I have to admitt I haven't paid a lot of attention to the DoD research(think I am still burned out on old research lol). 

On the upside though, atleast any bst that mem the spell can farm the parchments for it.  8P 

Baracca

Only ones I'm sorta glad they made researchable were the GoD ones even if they are still out of whack for the most part.
Turepta Blood
65 GoD DoT less damage per tic than the 61 DoT Scorpion Venom....more mana

Trushar's Mending

65 GoD heal that I'd be shocked if anyone is using in its current state ....

Trushar's Frost
65 GoD Nuke .....ahhh so Qvic Hands focus can get some use....

/sarcasm off
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Grolyn

So basically 3 of those GOD spells sucks?  I don't have those yet and I haven't planned on any raid to get those spells.  My guild in generally don't like GoD zone anyway. :P  By the time you get a raid party decently geared up to handle GoD zones for the drops for the spell, we most likely are better suited to OoW spell which in most cases are better and easier than GoD spells.  :roll:

Looks like the last beasty GoD spell, Ancient Frozen Chaos is comparable to the next lower nuke by the same damage to mana ratio (aprox 2.8 damage per mana) and slightly less damage per mana than 69 spell Glcier Spear (aprox 3 damage per mana). 

Back to the researchabbe spells, there are quite a few PoP spells I'd love to make it researchable and it would have helped me a lot earlier.  Last Spring I went through 12 glyphed rune words before I finally got Sha's Revenge spell.  I wasn't about to pay 50k for one in bazaar and yet I ended up with 11 Fero that doesn't sell for much at all!  Grrr...

Tiroon

Of all the BST spells meant to be made researchable (PoP/GoD) 4 have no recipe listed on EQTraders.

• Infusion of Spirit (*kicks whoever did the list*)
  • Spirit of Rellic (attempts to find the recipe were made but finding the right combination of thickeners, additives etc. for a spell within a spell might take a while yet.)
  • Turepta Blood (I'm a bit surprised that this one has not been researched yet while Trushar's uber Mending apparently was. :-o)
  • Ferocity (No report on any attempted combine. Odd considering the commercial value of this spell, at least on my server)

/em Wonders how many Interplanar Brain Blasters it would take to convince the devs that Tureptan Spirit was mistakenly left off the list as well. :evil:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Nekokirei

Quote from: Baracca on November 28, 2005, 07:00:36 AM
Only ones I'm sorta glad they made researchable were the GoD ones even if they are still out of whack for the most part.
Turepta Blood
65 GoD DoT less damage per tic than the 61 DoT Scorpion Venom....more mana

Whoa! Wasn't aware Turepta Blood was Researchable!  Knew the two Trushar's were--have to see in bazaar though.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Nekokirei

Heyas Ti!   You seen any of the GoD researchable in bazaar yet?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

hakaaba

Now that more than 5 people have these spells maybe we  can work on them getting fixed, eh?
Theyre all downgrades from lower level spells heh.  Trushar's mending is the worst though.

I worked out the numbers for trushars in the thread entitled, of all things, "trushar's mending" and you can see above where several people have noted turepta blood is more mana for less damage than scorpian venom.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tiroon

Quote from: Nekokirei on December 02, 2005, 09:18:11 PM
Heyas Ti!   You seen any of the GoD researchable in bazaar yet?

/Wave Nekokirei :-)

Yes there are some but they seem a rather expensive mistake. I somehow don't think the 2 Trushar's Manding will sell easily at 40k.

If you're after a GoD spell your best bet will be to some up with some untreated runic parchments yourself and contact one of the better researchers to attempt the combine. Level 65 spells are hard to make though. Even an expert researcher with 250 raw skill using a geerlok faces a 5% failure rate preparing the parchment and, depending on Arcane Tongues AA, a failure rate on the combine of 25% to 50%.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

bham

Quote/em Wonders how many Interplanar Brain Blasters it would take to convince the devs that Tureptan Spirit was mistakenly left off the list as well.

That would rock
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox