Main Menu

Warder shielding depends on CHA ?

Started by DocMoriarty, September 26, 2004, 07:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocMoriarty

I am an ogre beastlord and saw at level 67 first time my warder shielding me. I am certain i would have seen it before if it ever would have happened. I researched the forum and found some comments stating that it happens way before that level.

Now i always wondered, why CHA is a green stat on character creation for bst. My guess was that the higher our CHA the better our "faction" (kinda) with animals is (not kos to animals).

Since i am ogre, my cha is very low tho with OOW i got some gear that had among other stats also decent  CHA. My guess now is, that the warder shielding ability might be dependend from CHA. Any observations about that ?

(As in high CHA makes you more loved by your warder).

Gorgul
67-219
Morden Rasp

Coprolith

Other then getting prices at vendors and increasing the chance for Divine Intervention to succeed (which almost never gets cast on BSTs anyway), CHA has no use for us. I don't know why you haven't noticed your warder shielding you before, maybe it did but you just didn't notice, or maybe your playstyle is such that the conditions for warder shielding were never satisfied until now. You need to be low on health and within shielding range for the warder to shield you. But whatever the cause, CHA has nothing to do with im sure. As a troll my CHA is bad as an Ogre's but i've been shielded by my warder on a regular basis. It doesnt happen too often, but it does happen.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Rarrum

Doubt it has any effect at all... I have relatively high cha and don't even remember the last time my warder shielded me (been well over a month).