Main Menu

Back from a break

Started by Snaekize, October 17, 2004, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaekize

I just came back from a 7-8 month break, and decided instead of grinding my paladin up through 70, that I'd have fun and level my old Beastlord up to try something different.

I was playing him a little before the break, and thats when I last geared him.  It looks like someone pillaged my savings, but luckilly didn't take any gear.  I was left with just a few thousand platinum, so I picked up the new helm and ring; the rest is what I was wearing back in March.

Just curious if what he's got on is still decent these days, since I'm planning on leveling him up in favor of the Paladin.  Also, how does gear stack up in importance?  Like, Haste > Weapons > HP?  Just looking for some insight as to what I should be focusing on.

With my pally, I cared less about myself, and more about the group.  So when looking for weapons, I was looking for something that was going to maintain aggro (I would usually MA over most warriors).  With gear I was looking for what was going to keep me alive long enough to protect the others.  And my focus effects had nothing to do with regen, or attack, but improved healing, to help take the burden off the cleric.

The problem is, I don't know how I want to play the Bst, or even how I should be playing it.  I've solo'd for the most part up to 37, and since renewing the account Friday, I've solo'd about 30% of the way through 39.  I prefer to group, but will go look for something to occupy my time if I'm /lfg over long periods of time.  

I mean, I did ok soloing and even off-tanking in the groups, so I guess my gear is good for the level;  I'm just wondering if I'm pointing in the right direction.

I would appreciate any feedback.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1017974

JillieMT

Welcome back!

Pfft, your gear looks perfectly fine to me! Some spots are better than mine, lol! I think you are all set for gear well into your 50's. I think if I were you, I would save the money for the rarer spells you will get into your 50's, like Spirit of Snow or flame. I would also save the money for upcoming gear upgrades once you reach 55. At that point, you will probably have saved enough to get the ornate leather FT3 boots, and maybe a few other ornate bits.

As to the order of importance for gear, there are as many opinions as there are beastlords, lol. For me, I liked: AC-HP. As I got higher, and I tended to pet cleric more, I kinda started to like WIS and mana. As I got proc'ing weapons, I started to get the DEX up. Of course, you also need the support junk, like haste, and nice resists depending on situations.

That being said, I would kill for more mana regen, lol! I am a believer in mana regen > total mana.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio