Main Menu

Upgrade Question

Started by Kunriis, November 12, 2004, 10:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunriis

As a non tanking DPS class (my primary role), I have felt that AC is not as important as HP's are when I go for upgrades. What do you all think? What about additional effects? Focus effects? Stats are the last thing I consider when looking at a potiental upgrade, since most of my primary stats are maxed by my current gear and my self buffs.

Khayden

You're right about AC to an extent that depends on your play style.

If you're raiding, mainly HPs>>> all, since your offtanks are likely to be plate tanks and your main damage concern is AEs.  Unless of course you slow every mob before the MA has it locked like me ;)

If you're soloing, AC is much more valuable since you'll be tanking alot.  Beasts can tank alot of stuff in a single group context as well, so like I said it basically depends on your play style.

Personally, I tend to look for raw HP, and then focus effects, clicky and worn effects, then resists, then AC and lastly stats.  

For example I could upgrade my earring in terms of HP by camping the MPG dropped one but won't until I get my epic 1.5 since I like the DD focus (I've actually passed on the MPG one twice now).  I would happily trade out my NToV face and drop maybe 20 AC for one with 60-70 more HP and some attack on when I get around doing vexd for a chanting stone mask.  I'd *love* an item with gift of marr or some similar heal focus on, but I don't think I will get one for a while yet... the other focus I'd like to get would be a buff extender but they're quite few and far between so I'm using tribute atm.

Really, it's down to fitting your gear around how you enjoy playing.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Aneya

Personally, I believe that if the main source of damage to you in raids is AEs, Resist are more important than HP.

I tend to value AC over HP because AC is harder to get.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Bengali

Personally, my priorities are:

1.  Effects (atk, FT, time mods, regen, etc.)
2.  Focus effects
3.  AC
4.  Resists
5.  HP
6.  Stats

That's not intended to be any kind of definitive guide or anything, but just what works best for me.  Usually I end up increasing my hps automatically when I go for the other stuff anyway, but I'm not really that enamored with hps.  For example, I routinely pass on hp augs.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"