Main Menu

Thoughts on 66-70 spells

Started by Ukator Iceblood, May 12, 2004, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

A Calliav upgrade (one that blocked dots) would be nice too.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

Been a bit, but wasn't it ryan or someone talking about possibly changing the existing line to block all detminental spells, dots as well as nukes?  I vaguely remember it back before the focused pet changes and stuff.  He seemed to think it might up pet surviability a bit too much, but I think it's a good idea and the existing spells should catch dots as it is.  

One thing not totally related to spells themselves, but I'd really like a new 10(ish) slot buff box that just caught a few things.  Throw horses/drogs there, throw HoT there, throw NPC spells there and maybe even the longer duration bard songs like selos and dance of the blade if possible.  It'd be great if they'd just up the existing buff box, but something really should be done with certain mobs taking up 1-3 slots with debuffs and dots and having ~3 slots open for HoT even with maxed stats and resists you can still be hurting for buff slots at times.  With other burst fight effects like frenzy of spirit and BA (yeah it's used sometimes hehe) it's very easy for a solo bst to fill their buff box even without outside buffs.

Bengali

Yep, Rytan did say he was considering the issue, but wanted to see how the other pet changes helped survivability (like pet affinity).  If for some reason a dot blocking calliav is too powerful at existing levels (I don't think it is), then maybe it wouldn't be at higher levels.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Bengali

Some other candidates for inheritance (not suggesting we'd get all or any of these, but it seems possible):

Disinfecting Aura (shm 52)
Spirit of Bih'li (shm 39)
Shock of Venom (shm 49) (another no-recast nuke to "upgrade" blizzard blast -- the higher level ones are probably too slow for beastlord use, but if they're set on keeping all nukes cold based then it would probably be something like Ice Strike - shm 54)
Levitation (shm 51)

Outside chances in my opinion would be:

Superior Healing (shm 51)
Remove Curse/Remove Greater Curse (shm 39/54)

Tastian

I like disinfecting aura, I like billy and levitation.  Imo all casters past 60 or so should have component free levi and EB.  You just have too much other stuff in bags at times and it's a pain to carry/worry about.  

As for sup healing though I simply don't want it.  It's a worse ratio than CB and has a base casting time of 4.5 verse 3.0 on CB.  CB is more HP per mana and it's more HP per sec.  I think there need to be some hybrid only heals put in for pal, bst and ranger.  The GoD ranger one is close, although I think it should heal more.  I could even handle a small refresh on the spell as long as it bursted nicely.

What about improved invis?  I mean really this is another spell that just seems like it's time has come.  Back at level 50 some casters have fixed duration invis.  Imo 65+ is enough to warrant having fixed duration invis.  This isn't just for bst, but for all invis classes.

Shock is ok, but I honestly just don't see them giving us a second type of nuke damage.  We already have dots that run on two different resists other than cold.  Mind you disease takes too long in a lot of cases and poison is too much aggro in some.  However, I think if they tweaked the dots a bit I wouldn't be as concerned with a different resist nuke.

Bengali

I don't want some of the things I listed either.  I was just listing things that would remotely be possible to get directly from shamans.

I'd also like our own heal (not an inherited one), and our own low-recast nuke (i.e., not one of the slow casting shaman ones), and even our own combo-cure (disinfecting aura is nice, but something hybrid-specific that cured pois/dis/curse all at once, like crusader's touch, would be more up my alley).

Improved invis is one that I would also put on the list of "possible" items to get from shamans, even though I personally don't really care about it that much.

Just so there's no confusion, I basically agree with your reasons for not wanting the hand me downs that I listed.  I don't really want a poison nuke at this point since it would be that much harder to find a focus for it that was as good as my cold nuke focus.  I'd really prefer they gave us "group-friendly" dots that did their damage in fewer ticks, like the LDoN dot(s) that shamans, druids and necros got.  Any heals we get should heal a respectable amount of damage and have a short cast time, etc.

Tastian

Group friendly dots would be really nice.  I really like our dots, but I just can't use them very often.  I know some bst claim to use scorp and ture blood with nps with a warrior MT'n, but I still pull aggro sometimes with just scorp getting a crit tick.  What I'd like is for our next disease dot to be lower duration and do some nice damage.  Disease dots aren't nearly as much aggro as poison ones.  Make it more of an upgrade to malaria instead of just a shaman hand me down.

Also I agree on the heal.  I think hybrids (all hybrids) need their own heal.  The amount healed needs to go up quite a bit.  If nothing else we need to atleast have a heal on par with rangers.  I still can't believe with GoD they gave rangers an upgraded heal and bst heals stayed the same.

cougerofeq

Dont count out a better slow if shamans and chanters get one too - we dont want to get left behind. Alot of the groups I get these days are purely because I can slow and even then I get comments about how shamans are much better at it.

I would like a better heal and more pet(s)/pet buffs, mostly. A new SD would be nice - im outta mana alot if slowing etc.  Our haste could be a lil faster and last alot longer too.

Ukator Iceblood

A new haste would rock so bad.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Kherryn

I don't necessarily mind 50% haste, I just want either a group version (probably won't get Talisman of Alacrity though) or a longer duration (is 30-40 minutes all that bad?).

It's a good point to question how they could improve our Slow without being seriously encroaching on Shaman territory.  This is the class that got really pissed at Slow mitigation because they believe their main job in the game is slowing (I'm not starting a debate about that, because if it's not their main job, it's a pretty large enough part of their job), and they just now with GoD finally got the best slow again (faster and 75%).  While many of us would most likely love a 1 second slow, I just don't think it's going to happen.

Bengali

If they upgrade the slow it will probably only be to the resist mod or work better against muramites or whatever.   That doesn't enroach on shaman territory, really.   It's one thing to say we shouldn't have a slow as good as shamans (and we don't), but it's a whole different thing to say that we should have a hard time being able to land the slow that we do have.

rorith

Thought I would point out that Lucy seems to have found some placeholder spells for 66-70. Search for all Beastlord spells 65 and higher.

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Oneiromancer

Yeah...and they appear to be exactly the spells from the PoP expansion, so they might not be a very good indicator of what the new spells will be.  That is, they are placeholders, and so we can hope we get that many spells, but since they're just exactly the PoP spells I expect there to be many changes in that respect.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

a_moss_snake_001

What i'd like to see:-

1. A new pet heal
Complete heal for the pet please (forget this crappy 2100 loooonnnggg casting time rubbish -- 2100 barely heals 30% of my pet when he's buffed/equipped up). Same casting time as the player CH, don't make it too expensive to cast (a *little* more expensive than sorsha would be ok).

2. A cheap pet HoT
Quietessence type spell for the pet only.

3. A major league pet-only AC buff (say 100-120 AC)
Make sure this doesn't bounce Virtue. Prefer if it stacks with Virtue.

4. A big pet-only hp buff
Say symbol of kazad for pet only.

5. A decent cheap player heal (non-HoT)
Possibly make one that drains hp from your pet to give to a player - say 750 hp (obviously only castable if you have a pet up). Of course we'd still all prefer one that didnt require a pet up and healed 750 hp or so.

6. Stoicism + Cannabilize 3 (no higher)
Minor mana recovery possibilities. Enough said.

7. A few new pet spells (1-2)
Heck i'd be happy with one REALLY good pet at L70.

Of course our lineup is probably going to be: 5 new dots (all poison and disease based) and 10 nukes (all cold based, each one a 5 damage difference from the nuke before) and a group version of inner fire (dropped by a quarm type mob in a zone that makes Qvic look like east commonlands). They are soooooo wary of giving us any upgrades -- mainly due to the bitching and whining of other classes (winks at mages and shamans).

kizh

I'd love to see our pet haste, and OoW pet proc combined to one spell.  Having to have 3 gems up for pet is tiresome