Main Menu

Trushar's Mending

Started by Graace, September 03, 2004, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graace

Well... looks like the GOD spell Trumpeta Spirit might be replaced...

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=4875&source=Test

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4875&source=Test

While I think this is a good thing... I'm not sure I like losing it either, on occassion, it has proved useful even in the past week or two I've had it as I don't ALWAYS group with my guildies with maxed melee stats.

But it's the same heal as the ranger heal to all appearances... so yay?
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Eatbugs

I might actually be interested in getting the new spell - I've seen almost zero need to get the old one.

Yay, indeed.  :)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Aneya

EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Tastian

It's mentioned in the corr section, but yeah it's like the ranger heal and our omens heal got boosted up to be inline with the ranger omens heal too.  It's a nice change and lots hope it goes live.  I know some don't hehe /comfort aneya hehe, but overall this is something lots have been wanting for awhile.

bham

This is a terrible change right before OoW comes out.

With-in a few weeks of OoW release most BLs who are currently 65 will probably have the OoW heal..making this one useless.

Right now it is hard to get Trupeta Spirit unless you have raid gear that makes the spell useless. However, once OoW comes out and the level limit goes up, a lot of people without gear that maxs their stats will be able to get the rune that used to drop TS, but will instead drop a spell that is already superseeded by a OoW one.

This change would have been useful when GoD first came out. Right now it is a bad change.

I dont have maxxed stats, I group with other people who dont have maxxed stats and I box a mage. At the start of every LdoN I have to cast IoS 5 times, (me, 2 other melees, warder and mage pet). I was soooo looking forward to getting a few levels with OoW then going hunting for this rune so I could finally hit my whole group in one go. Just when it is almost within my grasp, it gets changed to what will be useful for a few people for a few weeks and then be banished to the back of spell books with all the other superseeded Spells.

I know people had to work hard to get this changed, but honestly I think we need it changed back. Once casual players start hitting 70 and working through GoD content that was out of their reach previously you will see a lot of beastlords wishing TS was still available.

If we cant get it changed back I hope there is a group IoS spell in OoW. Single casting a 10sec spell 4 or 5 times just sucks.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Kanne

I have to agree with Bham.  We got a new heal, but will you ever mem it after you get your 67 heal?  

As it stands now IOS is and will continue to be our best stat buffer.  One can only assume that the stat cap will be raised either through levels or new aa abilities.  A group IOS would have been nice on rare occasions all the way up to 70.  Will you ever mem the 65 heal when you have the level 67 one?  I kinda doubt it.

IMO it's still a wasted rune.  Seriously, why bother unless the 66+ spells are impossible to get.  I'm sure the rangers that don't have the rune spell yet might be thinking the same thing though, and they never even had an option at something else.

CillianFV

But also remember that before this change our OoW heal was only 556 hp for 218 mana.  If the change to Tureptan Spirit had not been made, we would have been stuck with this.

Perhaps they should add an Infusion of Spirit upgrade to our OoW spell lineup.  Would that address the issue for you?
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Graace

"Perhaps they should add an Infusion of Spirit upgrade to our OoW spell lineup. Would that address the issue for you?"

Not really, now they're taking something I have and like, giving me something I won't want that will replaced probably within 2 weeks.  And if they replace it in the OOW, then I have to work to get a spell I already had before they altered it.  Altering things at this point is absurd.

Oneiromancer

If they keep the GoD heal spell, it would seem to make the most sense to have the one of the heal spells be more efficient to cast than the other one.  So if you have heal memorized to get yourself back up to full during downtime, or between pulls, use the more efficient one, but if you use the heal more for spot healing group members then memorize the one with a higher value.  Not sure which would be better for which expansion.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Bengali

Quote from: bhamRight now it is hard to get Trupeta Spirit unless you have raid gear that makes the spell useless. However, once OoW comes out and the level limit goes up, a lot of people without gear that maxs their stats will be able to get the rune that used to drop TS, but will instead drop a spell that is already superseeded by a OoW one.

The flaw in this argument is that TS is a GoD spell, so you shouldn't have to level up to 70 in the next expansion to make it useful.  Every spell has to make sense for the expansion that it is released in, and TS doesn't make sense for GoD, at the gear level that is required to get it there.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Graace

Quote from: Bengali
Quote from: bhamRight now it is hard to get Trupeta Spirit unless you have raid gear that makes the spell useless. However, once OoW comes out and the level limit goes up, a lot of people without gear that maxs their stats will be able to get the rune that used to drop TS, but will instead drop a spell that is already superseeded by a OoW one.

The flaw in this argument is that TS is a GoD spell, so you shouldn't have to level up to 70 in the next expansion to make it useful.  Every spell has to make sense for the expansion that it is released in, and TS doesn't make sense for GoD, at the gear level that is required to get it there.

Flaw in that arguement: the gear the beastlord is one thing, the gear for whomever else they may group with at any given other time may not be of that callibur.  For that matter... I'm a Qvic capable beastlord and my caps are at 285 with one level of Planar Power... my dexterity is like 50ish below the cap for me.  If I max out PP I'm not sure how close to max stats I might be at.  So that it's entirely useless is false when I do use it from time to time esp when I don't group with my guild.

Tastian

hehe it's off topic, but I just had to check your magelo.  I'm seriously amazed at how low your dex is.  I remember going through the progression point you are at and being amazed how much +dex was on everything and how +str was missing from many items hehe.  Remember at one point I needed diaku + focus to max str, but my dex was up over 400 unbuffed lol.  

Also, you have to understand that TS being gone doesn't do anything to limit beastlord power.  It costs a beastlord potentially 30 seconds or so more to buff, but they buff the same amount for the same number of people.  However, TM not being there limited all beastlords.  Our healing per second was lower, we simply couldn't spend a few extra seconds and make up for that loss of power.  That also led to issues with the omens heal being too low.

There are some beastlords that are KT flagged and not maxed on stats.  There are some beastlords that group with people that aren't stat capped.  However, all beastlords were missing the heal spell and the class as a whole wasn't where it should be in that one respect.  As always there's no real change that will make everyone happy (I got flamed for stat caps going up /boggle lol), but overall this is a change that "beastlords" needed and I'm sorry to those that might have to spend a bit more time buffing.

Graace

Quote from: Tastianhehe it's off topic, but I just had to check your magelo.  I'm seriously amazed at how low your dex is.  I remember going through the progression point you are at and being amazed how much +dex was on everything and how +str was missing from many items hehe.  Remember at one point I needed diaku + focus to max str, but my dex was up over 400 unbuffed lol.  

Also, you have to understand that TS being gone doesn't do anything to limit beastlord power.  It costs a beastlord potentially 30 seconds or so more to buff, but they buff the same amount for the same number of people.  However, TM not being there limited all beastlords.  Our healing per second was lower, we simply couldn't spend a few extra seconds and make up for that loss of power.  That also led to issues with the omens heal being too low.

There are some beastlords that are KT flagged and not maxed on stats.  There are some beastlords that group with people that aren't stat capped.  However, all beastlords were missing the heal spell and the class as a whole wasn't where it should be in that one respect.  As always there's no real change that will make everyone happy (I got flamed for stat caps going up /boggle lol), but overall this is a change that "beastlords" needed and I'm sorry to those that might have to spend a bit more time buffing.

Yeah I'm kinda gimpy :P  I'm just now catching up on raid times etc from RL affecting play and other diversified interests that caught hold.  So my dkp isn't way up there for the latest and greatest at all times.

But really, it's the annoyance factor at this point, can I cast IOS 4x? sure...  do I awnt to? no... But... we practically begged for group IOS and Group Kragg, we get it and people complained because of where it's located.  8 months ago, it wouldn't have been an issue.  Now... with OOW coming out, it's going to be more accessible.  But, it's probably not going to be accessible until people are 67+.  They're not going to want a heal that's 2 levels behind because of it's quick replacement and accessibility.

TS would always potentially serve of some use every now and again as things currently stand.  TM will be replaced quickly if not already replaced by the time they get there.  That's my sore spot I think.  I'm now getting something I will probably never use after a few weeks as opposed to retaining something that I could have continued to use throughout my playtime all the way up to 70 and beyond.  For all that people calling TS "useless" just realize TM's just about equally useless if not moreso

Oneiromancer

Still, everything is in beta and could change.  One of the heals could become either faster or slower, leaving one of them to be a preferred "quick heal" and the other to probably be more efficient.  Or one could even get switched to a HoT.  I understand why people wanted group IoS changed to a heal, but I also understand why it is rendered moot by our 67 heal.  Tastian, I think it's worth mentioning to the developers in your correspondence that these two spells should be made more unique if they aren't already.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Bengali

Quote from: Graace
Quote from: Bengali

Flaw in that arguement: the gear the beastlord is one thing, the gear for whomever else they may group with at any given other time may not be of that callibur.  For that matter... I'm a Qvic capable beastlord and my caps are at 285 with one level of Planar Power... my dexterity is like 50ish below the cap for me.  If I max out PP I'm not sure how close to max stats I might be at.  So that it's entirely useless is false when I do use it from time to time esp when I don't group with my guild.

Note that I didn't argue that TS was "useless," I said it didn't "make sense."  Tureptan spirit isn't "entirely useless" -- I know this because I've cast it myself from time to time.  However, the upgrade that makes more sense given the changes that occured from PoP to GoD was, in my opinion, a heal.  I don't believe any other class got a buff as part of GoD, and particularly not one that was just for convenience.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"