Main Menu

Trushar's Mending

Started by Graace, September 03, 2004, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deiadrox

I have pretty good gear, ele equipped you may say.  I find I still use TS in every KT group I've been in(save one.. not a guild group and the tank had 16000hps rofl, botting a cleric outside the group).  It's a great spell and I'll be sad to see it go, even when I have max stats.  Not everyone is max stats especially with the cap going up.  The heal is crap, and I won't be rolling on the Jelki rune if they don't automatically switch it from TS.  I plan to be level 77 in the first week and I'll be looking forward to the 680, I heal to save someone, I'm never the main healer unless I'm soloing so a slight difference in mana effieciency doesn't matter to me cause I'll be casting the one with more hps.

-Rocco-

Quote from: bham
Just when it is almost within my grasp, it gets changed to what will be useful for a few people for a few weeks and then be banished to the back of spell books with all the other superseeded Spells.

If you are this far behind on content, or anyone for that matter.  What makes you think you will have the newest spells in a couple of weeks.  If you are still doing Ldons, you are 2 expansions behind.   It doesnt take a raid force, or god gear to get GoD runes.  If you are gonna play the game 1-2 expansions behind new content, dont be upset if the new content doesnt fit your game.

Hrann

Umm, just because he doesn't raid often enough to have gotten the GoD runes doesn't mean he can't level to 68 in a few weeks.  It's real nice how you consider new content only to be for people who raid several times a week.

bham

Quote from: -Rocco-
Quote from: bham
Just when it is almost within my grasp, it gets changed to what will be useful for a few people for a few weeks and then be banished to the back of spell books with all the other superseeded Spells.

If you are this far behind on content, or anyone for that matter.  What makes you think you will have the newest spells in a couple of weeks.  If you are still doing Ldons, you are 2 expansions behind.   It doesnt take a raid force, or god gear to get GoD runes.  If you are gonna play the game 1-2 expansions behind new content, dont be upset if the new content doesnt fit your game.

I didnt say I will have the new heal in a few weeks, altho it is possible. I said that the people who have the GoD heal now will probably have the Omens heal in a few weeks. Therefore, the GoD heal is almost worthless except for those few weeks. TS however, will be useful for a lot of beastlords for a long time.

Not everyone progresses through content at the same rate. As I said in my first post, the GoD heal would have been a better spell to have drop in that location when GoD was first released. My arguement is that they shouldnt compound the problem by fixing it when a fix of sorts (being the omens heal) is coming only a few weeks after this change.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

TerjynPovar

Doh, I didn't realize this thread was even here when I responded to the one in the rants section, but I must say I agree that SoE's implementation of this spell and everything since has been shortsighted.

Early GoD, change this spell.  No problem.

With OoW coming out, don't change this spell, no problem.

Right as OoW comes out, change the spell?  Freaking stupid.  It was fairly worthless through most of GoD, and now due to the timing will be 100% useless in OoW, so they made the spell even MORE worthless than it was.

SoE simply doesn't get it sometimes.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Urim

What people are still not realizing is that without a heal in GoD being what it is then our heal in OoW would have been severly lacking and we'd be hurting for healing. It's only due to getting this heal now that our heal in OoW was bumped up to what it currently is. It used to heal for less before Trushars went in.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

TerjynPovar

That's specious reasoning, this was a beta for OoW, they could easily have adjusted the new heal without messing with Tureptan Spirit, and in fact should have at this point.

Rhaynne

They didn't change the OoW heal until Tureptan Spirit was changed to Trushar's Mending, so the reasoning is sound because it's supported by the circumstances.

Iskandar

I still wish they'd kept Tureptan Spirit ingame and just added a heal elsewhere (my old suggestion was to make it group IoS and Kragg). First night in OoW I get a spell -- Muada's Mending. I never looted the rune for Tureptan, and now I have neither a need nor an incentive to loot it for a downgrade heal. But I sure could use group IoS now -- higher skill caps have made me need a strength buff to cap, and others I group with have requested it as well for strength or stamina. So it's back in my spell lineup again, single target casting like crazy along with Kragg. Hurray for a decrease in group utility. *sigh*
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Sharrien

I would rather have kept the old one, especially since we get another heal in OoW.  So thanks a lot for all the down time getting a group buffed up without the presence of a shammy.  IoSx7, kraggx7, stax6 plus anything else needed is a real drag.  Group IoS would have gone a long way toward reducing that wait time and making grouping more fun.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Skarx

Dont you understand if they would not have Changed Group IOS to a heal.. the heal that we wore getting in OOW was a joke..

After they in test changed the Gios to 525base heal they then went back and upgraded our OOW heal to what it is now....
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin

TerjynPovar

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

They did change the OOW heal as a result but just because they did doesn't mean they had to.

I still claim it's typical SoE short-sightedness.  And a typical SoE response too.  "Well, your new spell is useless but it enabled you to get a better upgrade spell"?  Who thinks like this?

Iskandar

Quote from: SkarxDont you understand if they would not have Changed Group IOS to a heal.. the heal that we wore getting in OOW was a joke..

After they in test changed the Gios to 525base heal they then went back and upgraded our OOW heal to what it is now....

/shrug  Personally, I'd rather have expanded group utility instead. Yes, Muada's Mending is very nice -- and now I have a reason to put the healing AA's back on my shopping list for when I solo... but I'd rather have a better lineup of group spells with a heal not quite as good as Muada, as groups are where I spend the bulk of my time. And any group that is to survive will have a healer or two. Compare the times you have to cast IoS/Kragg/Alladnu on your groupmates vs the times you heal them for more than 1,000 hp at once (3+ spam heals). If you are mass healing (especially mid-fight) more than buffing, then you need to find a better healer for your group, because you're all going to die. :P  

Now, if they want to replace a useless spell, Acumen pops right to mind -- a spell that has been cast about twice since they changed endurance. The original Tureptan Spirit would have been cast enough in the last week alone to more than justify it's place in my spellbook.

If you spend the bulk of your time soloing then yeah, a better heal will naturally be your priority... but EQ is a game designed for group interactions, and that should be where the bulk of our focus as a class lies. The big picture is not oriented around who can solo to 65 or solo the Tables or what the biggest baddest mob you've soloed are (some common threads/comments here on these forums), the big picture is about what you as a Beastlord can bring to a group to justify your inclusion.

A good example: Berserkers. Not a very good solo class, brings very little to a group... sadly, nothing unique or irreplaceable about them. Most are alts being twinked/pl'd for fun. Why aren't there more of them? Because they bring nothing new to a *group.* Soloing is not where this game nor this class should focus once we reach the high levels.

How many of your level 65 spells did you buy in the Bazaar as opposed to killing the mob yourself? Did you solo the mob or group/raid to get the rune? How about 66+ runes? Think you can solo Hulcror and his friends? If not, then you'll not be seeing 69-70 spells. These things are difficult encounters that are designed around one or more groups, and people don't invite Beastlords to groups because we heal really well -- they invite us for slows, for buffs, and for dps. The more we offer a group in those areas, the more welcome and useful we are to the group. And for the die-hard soloists, keep in mind that group utility also translates to self utility -- Spiritual Dominion and Spiritual Vigor are prime examples.

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tastian

"/shrug Personally, I'd rather have expanded group utility instead. Yes, Muada's Mending is very nice -- and now I have a reason to put the healing AA's back on my shopping list for when I solo... but I'd rather have a better lineup of group spells with a heal not quite as good as Muada, as groups are where I spend the bulk of my time."

Maybe if the group version had actually given something over the normal spell.  However, even if stats weren't capped it still gave the exact same benefit as normal infusion of spirit.  So instead of ~22% boost to healing you save a bit of time buffing and possibly save mana in some situations.  That just isn't a good tradeoff for beastlords overall.  Also the issue of where it dropped just made things worse.  Healing is part of our group utility.  We aren't great at it, and especially with GoD mob dps got up there.  Yet I still blast heal a lot, top off life bars sometimes, etc.  If you are in a group that always has a cleric + back up healer maybe you wouldn't use the heal much well grouping, but with a group where you and a druid are the only people with a direct heal it can see a lot of use and can really help, just as an example hehe.  

Now that omens is out there's a chance to properly add a group infusion of spirit type spell again.  The stat cap went up a bit more.  The level 66 spell runes are tradeable so all can get one way or another eventually.  I would like to see something else added to this instead of just being exactly what it was, but even the original would make a lot of beastlords happy.

Iskandar

I hope so -- the current lineup has some nice utility, but it's not very group-friendly (yay, I get to cast Alladnu six consecutive times, then IoS three or four times while the group keeps asking "are we gtg yet?"  :roll: )  At least the buff timers allow us to begin rebuffing folks between pulls instead of after the buff fades.