Main Menu

Stat buffs *pokes dead horse*

Started by Tiroon, March 12, 2006, 09:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiroon

The alchemy revamp has brought stat potions that go overcap (15 for a level 7 potion, 30 for a level 8). Potions don't stack with other overcap buffs.

I think we could make a resonable case for an upgraded version of IoS, something like a mini wunshi or at least try to get some of those potions turned into beastie buffs. After all they can't be too unbalancing since those potions have been added to the game. Our haste buff is available in bottles so why should we not get buffs for what is now available in bottles?
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Bruize

Yes, I whole-heartedly agree.  I would love an improved IoS.  Something with slightly better stats and possibly a small bonus to something else.

Additionally, I would like to see one of our less useful spells at 65 turned into an all in one stat buff that stacks with IoS...negating the need to cast IoS, Dexterity, Str, and Stamina in addition to group buffs.  I don't want anything game breaking, but something that will make buffing go faster and more painless would be nice.  Yeah, it would be useless to raiders but so is Trushar's Mending.

Turpeta blood could be replaced too but that actually can be useful for folks that can't get the 66 poison DoT.  trushar's Mending however, in the current form, is a lackluster heal.  Chloroblast is much better for mana efficiency....less mana, more heal same time.

/beat_the_dead_horse

Another thing I would like to see is the possible revamp of Ferro that was brought up at Fanfaire.  I'm curious to see what the devs think will be an appropriate upgrade.  Hell, I'd be happy with 2 versions....slight boost to Ferro and 1 killer self only or self/pet version of ferro.

Tastian

Yeah there is a good case to be made for several spell changes and I am working on getting all the information across to prath.  He is absolutly flooded right now, but we have spoken a couple of times and I'm trying very hard to get him as focused a chunk of information as possible while still keeping it in digestable sized bites.  *shrugs*

FesterFleabaggs

Quotetrushar's Mending however, in the current form, is a lackluster heal.  Chloroblast is much better for mana efficiency....less mana, more heal same time.

Chloroblast in bazaar: 200plat
Trushar's Mending in bazaar: 16000plat
Someone actually buying it: Priceless

Always bugs me that some people will price things like this "just because" it's a dropped spell/rune.

I would love to see some sort of Focus line spell for bsts freeing up some buffs slots.
Fester Fleabaggs - 65 Feral Lord
Corrine WinterSolstice - 63 Naturewalker (2 box)
Drozt De'soot - 55 Wizard
Gairith Mourneblade - 56 Paladin (Retired)
Stiy - 51 Monk (Corpsedragger)
Azrothe - 34 Necro
Haileey Commet - 53 Cleric (2 box)

Tiroon

The dropped geomancy stones are still no drop I believe.

Those GoD spells you see in bazaar are researched, using a 7k+ parchment. That required cleaning it (trivial 243) using a platinum bar, a gold bar, a star ruby, aqua regia etc. and then making the combine for the spell itself with a trivial of 353.

The price for the parchments has come down considerably and researchers have skilled up making it more likely that they create the spell rather than just fail. All in all 16k is a reasonable price I think. I rather pitied those that offered our GoD spells for 35k when it pretty much cost them that much to make one early in DoD.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Bodegah

Actually the runes themselves are no drop in GoD, but once turned in for said class they become tradeable.  People are just gouging prices like normal.

Kanan

Fester is saying that Chloro's efficiency is so much greater than Trushars, its amazing that anyone would spend 2pp, much less the 200 that Chloro costs.

Yes, these researchers are having to cover costs, but it is the incredibly poor spell design here that is making for incredulity.

The reaction, imo, should be "Wow! only 16k for that spell," but it is so poorly ratio'd that its real usage is pathetic.  The amt healed should be almost quarter to half again probably for the cost increase.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar