Main Menu

DoD runes for OOW spells

Started by mojo892, September 26, 2005, 03:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo892

Well I am only a level 68 beastlord here.  I decided to do the exploration missions for the charm aug from corathus creep, one of which had me walking through Ruins of Illsalin.  I put on the rogue spirit shroud figuring it would be better and it did allow me to travel through this area with ease.  So getting lost a lot, I eventually ran across 2 rotting corpses.  I know one of the corpses names was Gloomfang, other I can't be sure of.  So I just decide to check what was on the corpses and I see 3 runes total.  And so I sit there waiting to see if someone is going to come back to loot these corpses and eventually it gets under 5 seconds left so I grab them, not sure what they were.  The 3 runes were all the same, "Greater Shadowspine Rune".  I headed over to allakhazam and find out they are for my OOW spells, yeeeeehaw.  Turned these into Brother Hidden Path in Undershore and I just knocked out 3 of my 69 spells.

Jkal_Shihar

Lucky bastard ROFLMAO  :-D :evil:
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

DontPetBear

No doubt, you were real lucky.  I wouldn't have waited till 5 seconds though, i've seen a corpse poof when it hit 20.  On my server those runes would have been either looted and destroyed or sold on /trade for about 50kpp each.  Congratulations on the nice grab.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Gunzak

I was running through Nobles Causeway and saw the Murkglider School Leader corpse sitting there with no one around.  I checked it and it had shoulders and a greater rune.  A cleric came up to me about a minute later and said to go ahead and loot the rune and shoulders as they didnt need.  They were doing an epic kill and needed to kill the regular mob before popping the one with the chest.  Got me my 2nd 69 rune and a nice shoulder upgrade.  Since then I did a RSS group that had a 69 rune drop and everyone had all their runes but me so got my 3rd 69 now.  Still no 70 though :-(