Main Menu

GoD, where to go solo?

Started by Dakat, May 22, 2004, 07:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

GoD walk-thru, anyone have one or would want to create one here.

I have had GoD since it went Live. Ive almost maxed all the Leadership points. I have not stepped one paw in anything related to GoD.

Is there any place that a LDoN equipped beast could solo in GoD. If so, where and how do I get there.  I'm looking for a change in scenery pace. I don't want any mobs that hit above 300 solo. Since I like to tank most often.

I have 6500hp 1200ac give or take at any given moment.

Dummkopf

You can solo in Natimbi, Qinimi and Riwwi. If you dont mind to get the occasional hit for up to 770 you can solo the sewer trials 2 and 3. Riwwi nets the regen bp from trash mobs and if you happen to find the nightwatchman up (not for soloing in your case, get some friends) you can get nice legs and arms as well.

Bengali

Quote from: Dakat
I don't want any mobs that hit above 300 solo. Since I like to tank most often.

Every mob that will give you xp will be able to hit you for more than 300.  (some will do it more often than others, but they all can do it).

That's not to say that they aren't soloable (they are) or that you can't tank them (you can), but if you really don't want to see mobs hit for more than 300 then you can't really do anything in GoD.   I don't want to discourage you, since I do think you can do it, but you should have the right expectations.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I remember getting hit for 354 by a green con second or third day of GoD.  Lots of stuff hits ~700 and procs that most are killing.  It's definitely do-able, but I think a lot like PoP people need to adjust to the content.  Before PoP I'm sure a lot of bsts wouldn't have said "gimme something to kill just as long as it hits under 544!"  Of course, PoP gave level raise and stuff and GoD didn't hehe.  I'd say just play around in riwwi or even just head out there and search around some zones on your own and get a feel for things.  Some mobs are pretty hard and others aren't quite as hard as they sound from the max hit and what not.

Bengali

Yeah, like  Tastian said, a whole lot of mobs are easier than the max hit would suggest.  One reason is that now they don't hit for max nearly as often as they used to.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oleyoley

Anyone know where some good maps of the GoD zones can be found? I looked on Eqatlas and Eqmaps but no luck.
Hell is other people - Sartre

Oley Oley
Feral Lord of Morell Thule

Dummkopf

I just use the ingame maps for GoD zones, mapping is allowed in all zones i have visited (wait, didnt check in uqua, died way too fast).

You can download all GoD ingame maps at http://www.mapfiend.net/goddl.php

Dakat

Sweet, thanks guys.  I'll let you know how I fare in GoD and get back here to post my experiences.

Chackra

I finally broke down and bought GoD to see if the "revamp" helped.  Not happy with it.  Maybe if you're guild-twinked or have 200 AA's, you might like the extra challenge.  But at 65 with medium bazaar gear and low AA's it's a drag.  The mobs are undercons, exp is low, good drops are pretty much random.  Everything after Natimbi starts to get more than inefficient, but downright dangerous solo.  Proc 600 hp Chromatic lure DD plus DoTs like machine guns.  

Tried talking to a bunch of random NPC's, heard a lot of gibberish, no idea what they were talking about or whether it was in any way relevant to anything.  Then killed a bunch of stuff and got 5 bags full of random junk; went to cheat sites to check quests; a few of the things I had could be used to get something useful - if I happened to gather the right combination of ten other pieces of junk.  Trashed or sold everything.

I don't know why it would be much better in a group.  Of course it's always safer, but odds are you'll have to kill twelve hundred mobs instead of two hundred before getting the brass ring.  I'm still not sure exactly what there is to shoot for as far as trying to accomplish goals, other than endless flagging [shudder].

Back to Greig's and Torgiran's.  All of a sudden they don't seem so boring anymore, so I guess the twenty bucks I spent got me something.

Chubaka

<------------ Way less than 6500hp and 1200ac (Check Magelo).

Solo in Qinimi, Riwwi, Sewers : Crematory, and Barindu (In order of dificulty).  Is it efficent exp? No.  Is it fun and an extreme challenge? Yes.  If your zar geared there is a chance for some good drops.  Rare yes but there none-the-less.

Edit: They all hit over 300. Some as high as 700.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Eatbugs

QuoteI don't want any mobs that hit above 300 solo. Since I like to tank most often.  I have 6500hp 1200ac give or take at any given moment.

Hm, I've got about that self buffed, (and close to 300 AAs) and I don't have any real problems soloing things that hit for 600 or so.  I have to back off and heal up when I get under 50%,  but anyone who soloed much on the way up should remember that process.

Riwwi and Qinimi are no real problem solo - Sewers are a definite challenge.  (The low MR on sewer mobs helps a bit.   You'll usually get one slowed in the first couple of casts.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Chubaka

Quote from: Eatbugs
QuoteSewers are a definite challenge.  (The low MR on sewer mobs helps a bit.   You'll usually get one slowed in the first couple of casts.)

3 words - No Chaos Claws
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Eatbugs

Chaos Claws rarely lands on me anywhere, so it's not a factor. (VT gear isn't up to Elemental on hit points, but it's great for overall resists.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Panthermask

I've solo'ed the Qinimi side of Barindu a few times trying to get the melee earring to drop.  Yeah, they hit for around 500-600 and proc that damn 600dmg DD, but it's pretty fun.  The gaters with pets that hit for 300ish are the most troublesome, but even they can be downed with regularity if you have a decent strategy for them.

Every once in a while something stupid is going to happen with mobs that are that rough, but since you're always near the zone line the risk of dying is almost non-existent.  The closest I've come, in fact, was when someone trained 4 or 5 mobs on me while I was killing one.  I had to make a pretty hasty retreat in that situation.  :P

It's really hectic and exciting experience though.  Way more fun than mindless kills in my opinion, and the AA per kill is around 5-6% on average.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...