Main Menu

Soloing Ferubi or Berindu

Started by Skullet Crossbones, May 22, 2004, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullet Crossbones

Im curious if anyone here has tried to solo any of the trash in Barindu or Ferubi for the rare nice random drop item since the GoD revamp? And could it be done with the equipment and aa's i have or would i be chancing it?

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Ravno

I've tried it, and damn I made a pretty corpse pile too!

Sure I didn't get hit for 900 all that often, but the 600 hits were still coming way to often to solo there.

My advice: grab a druid/cleric and duo them instead.
Ravno al`Vera
Tarew Marr

Dummkopf

I tried Ferubi lately from the qinimi side but i couldnt really solo it, no way to single pull the first two and they hit rather hard. I could duo it with some difficulty and easily trio it though. Barindu is possible solo, but not very efficient. Since you need tons of kills to even have a chance at the random drops your chances at getting one is pretty small. I got the random barundi drops pre patch but that was in a group farming for BiC pages, we got two drops in about 5 hour farming, and we always at least 2 mobs in camp.

bham

I dunno about solo but I trio Barindi trash with a beast/mage/cleric 3-box combo.

All have bazaar/1-groupable/ldon gear, nothing flash. About 750 AAs between them.

I kill reasonably fast. In about 10 hours total I have had 2 rare drops. Both the FT 2 caster-only ring. No sign of the earring yet.

I pull to near Gamesh, sort of behind the pyramid thing. Even now and then a named pops, either Anuek Overseer or a named Mastruq, both yellow con and both capable of wiping me in about 10 seconds.

I tried the mastraq with an 8k hp warrior helping. We got wiped cause we didnt pull him all the way to camp we got an add. Cleric mana may have run out anyway. With a cleaner pull and an extra healer he woulhd have gone down.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Chubaka

I have solo'd in Barindu.  It is very hard for me.  Mostly pet cleric.  It is slow going.  From the Qinimi side.  I can only kill 4 before repops.  hehehe Like I said, slow and inneficient but fun none-the-less.  I can't do it though if the Mastruq with the pet spawns, I can't kill those.  Screambringers and Nocs aren't too bad.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

satrulis

Quote from: bhamI dunno about solo but I trio Barindi trash with a beast/mage/cleric 3-box combo.
Having 3 characters there isnt really soloing is it?

Catgal

Yesterday, I gave Qinimi and Barindu a try. Qinimi was easy and I can kill those there non-top, with KEI. However in Barindu, it took my too long (5-7 mins) to kill one and a lot of down time between each. My gears are crappy tho.

Dysz

I tried soloing a shaman mastruq once.  I think I won, not really positive as I remember thinking 'what is with this proc business!?"  then I tried as a duo with a necro, another shaman on the first pull.  I swear he gated roughly 15 times, since rellic doesn't effect mobs that high, and he ended up pulling a few more mobs to us or something.  Yeah, I got wrecked that time :D
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Kherash

I don't think GoD was meant to be "soloable".
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Giledorm

In it's original "level 70" incarnation, I'm sure some of these zones would be much easier soloed.  That said, the only experience I have soloing there is Natimbi, Qinimi and Riwwi (D@mn you Baleful bloodsoaked cuirass!  You elude me still!!) :D  From what I've seen, the Barindu mobs hit about the same as Riwwi trash, which can be pretty hard if you get a hot streak of Chaos Claws on you.  I tried pulling by Gamesh, but there's too many too close there.  

Ferubi I wouldn't go in without a group.  Period.  Perhaps when I'm decked out in post-time gear, I'll give it another shot, but not before.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Panthermask

I've solo'ed the Qinimi zoneline in Barindu a few times.  It's pretty rough, but not too dangerous since you're so close to the zone out if anything too bad happens.  I generally just went with self buffs and perhaps KEI if it was available (I was really only wasting time while I waited on a Vxed group), so the killing was pretty slow.  Could only kill 4-6 before repop.  I'm sure you could do better with a few more buffs though.

As someone mentioned, the gaters and the mobs with pets can be a real pain.  I generally pull the pet with slow since the marstruq is likely to try to cast on me at least once before he charges.  I slow him next and sick my pet on his pet as it rushes me.  Burning his pet is important; it hits for 300+, but it has very little hp.  I generally pop protective spirit while both mobs beat on me.  After the pet is dead, you can step out and heal yourself a bit.  At around 20% I pull the mob back towards where it spawned.  Most of the mobs in Barindu have small assist ranges so as long as you get close to the mob's spawn point, you can prevent him from gating at the end without adds.

It's challenging but fun, and if you pick up a rare drop (which I still haven't) it can be rewarding too.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

mythral

can check my magelo and see taht im pretty well geared, and barindu mobs still give me a hard time solo. its doable, but still not anywhere near efficient. give me any healing class or a paladin tho and we'd be gtg.

Rarrum

Barindu near qinimi zone in isn't too bad if well-geared.  Deeper inside barindu is very tough though solo.

Ferubi often have more than 1 mob at a time so that doesn't work.  Single pulls it's possble to solo.

Neither place is effecient for exp.  In groups, random drops in ferubi I've seen a few times, but never seen anything drop in barindu.

mythral

ill have to try near the qinimi zone, i was settin up nearish mtn trial zone ins.