Main Menu

BoT - Turkeybees

Started by Aubre, June 23, 2004, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubre

Can the Turkeybees in the tower courtyard be single pulled by a 65?
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

Kylaz

I seem to remember having no problem (95% of the time) pulling these single to my group at 65.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Tastian

Turkeybees are extremely easy to single pull.  I used to just run around from spawn to spawn and fight where they stood.  They have very low assist range.

Toiler

Yep just fight them in place. There are only a few "pairs" that you can easily avoid. The caster ones can gate if you pull them too far, so it's just easier to kill them in place. Decent solo exp, I was getting 7%+ AA per kill.

Tastian

Yeah casters will gate if you pull too far, that's part of why I fought at spawn.  Also I enjoyed moving around because it let me choose cleric or warriors more easily.  8)

"I was getting 7%+ AA per kill."

I haven't been in awhile, but there after exp changes and I wouldn't get 7% a kill.  If it is at 7%+ AA per kill now though I'll definitely have to go do them some more.

Ukator Iceblood

5% the times I've done them.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Dakat

Most times now when I am looking for a BoT exp burn, I always try to get a CY group.

If you pull correctly, you will never get an add, regardless if your 59 or 65.  It's all about the pathing and the direction in which you pull from. I too move from area to area, but do not kill at spawn point.  I will usually cast slow initially and if its was resisted, ill back off some and reslow before it actually hits me.  For instance, the 2 bee's that are in a Tree, one on the ground and one up high, If you get on the left wall there near tree and pull the one in the air, you will always get it single. Once its dead, you can pull the other.

If the bee gates to spawn point, great ).  If you react fast enough and attack it right after it gates, it will not attack you. It will sit there and try to regen life.  If it sits there to long and regens back to 30% life it will attack again.

As far as Exp in BoT, the CY bees is the best spot.  They have a lot less hit points then any other mob in the zone.  Which allows for faster killing and more exp per hour spent.  If you get a group, mainly DSP and 1 healer, you can do this place for rather decent aa exp.  If your fast killing, you should be able to clear all the bee's and have to wait for one to spawn.  Killing the Gargoyles until one does ).  If you do it right, you can get an aa every 45 minutes.

For loot, these guys are one of the best camps in POP to make money.  Each piece that drops, skins, blood, wings, talons all sell to the vendor in PoT for 16pp each piece.  In 2 or 3 rounds of killing the CY bee's you can make 3 or 4k in platinum.  Not to mention all the high end jewels drop a lot more frequently then anywhere else in the zone. Also, these guys can and do drop Etherel and Spectral Parchments often.  At least 2 or 3 per round on average.  Those of coarse can be turned into spells, then sold for even more cash.

The exact amount of exp per kill is unknown to me since I have never actually watched my exp move per kill.  I have been able to get an aa every 45 minutes there.  It was a fast killing group, 4 pet classes a cleric and a druid.  3 beasts and a Mage.  I was tanking, but with 4 stunning pets, 3 meleeing beasts, we never had to heal anyone except after the initial pull if slow resisted.  So If you are able to clear the entire CY and keep it that way, you can make that aa too..

Aubre

Went up there and tried it solo waiting for guildies to come join me, soloing them were no problem. As long as I was pulling I always got singles. When my group  
got there we were able to kill them all and kill some storm watchers while waiting for respawn. Thanks all for the good word.
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

Giledorm

Are you fighting these toe to toe, or kiting?  Just curious.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Incite

Quote from: Dakat
For loot, these guys are one of the best camps in POP to make money.  Each piece that drops, skins, blood, wings, talons all sell to the vendor in PoT for 16pp each piece.  In 2 or 3 rounds of killing the CY bee's you can make 3 or 4k in platinum.  Not to mention all the high end jewels drop a lot more frequently then anywhere else in the zone. Also, these guys can and do drop Etherel and Spectral Parchments often.  At least 2 or 3 per round on average.

I don't get anywhere near that.  I see maybe 1 ethreal per 4 or 5 rounds of killing and have never seen a spec.  I'd have to be there 3 days solid to see a total of 3k or more PP.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Tastian

"I don't get anywhere near that. I see maybe 1 ethreal per 4 or 5 rounds of killing and have never seen a spec. I'd have to be there 3 days solid to see a total of 3k or more PP."

Hehe those were much closer to my results, I figured the game just hated me.  8P  In I can't count how many AAs I got 2 specs, and several eths.  I did get a lot of stormrider blood and skins and feathers.  Gems were so-so.  Thing is he is clearing most/all spawns he said so that'd help some, I used to do a rot of ~10-13 bees (give or take Chs lol), so my results wouldn't be quite as high even if the RNG didn't hate me.

Aubre

Fighting them toe to toe. The casters tend to do nothing but cast and most of their casts are interrupted either by pet bashing or rellic. If they try to nuke me ferocity tends to help me resist or partially resist most times.
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

Tastian

Yeah the healers I always try to lay off a bit at first so they burn some mana nuking.  It's the Ch that annoy me and cut into my exp rate.  Nukes get resisted mob of the time and even if they land it's better than eating double 544(ish been awhile hehe).  The thing I liked is you can pick your spawns.  I had a cycle that went: cleric, warrior, cleric, cleric, warrior, warrior, warrior, cleric, warrior, warrior, warrior.  I'd adjust based on if anyone was with me or how clerics got heals off.  You can't always have the whole CY to yourself hehe, but sometimes when I did I'd just bounce around and hit all warriors (yeah CH annoys me that much when it get's through).

rorith

Would I be able to solo these? Sounds like a fun challenge, but with only 27 AAs, would I be out of my depth? (See Magelo for my gear)

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Tastian

I think you'd get worked hehe.  Mobs hit 544(ish) that's for the clerics and the warriors.  They can resist a slow or two, but not bad.  They don't mitigate it.  You are likely in a situation where even if you could kill them though you'd have a lot downtime.  I'd say next time you catch MGBs in PoK you run over.  There's not a huge chance of dieing as you can simply run (pet should take aggro from you) and click the stone/thingy near the gargs.  That ports you back down to the 4-way and you can just zone out.  Even if you didn't stay for exp'n I think you'd like to have done it and be something to talk about.  8)  Just watch out for their spike damage, heal early and don't rely on pet to tank lots, he can get spiked down pretty fast too hehe.