Main Menu

BoT - Turkeybees

Started by Aubre, June 23, 2004, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rorith

Ah. Well, I might give it a try sometime. Thank for the info. I'm always looking for interesting new places to die. ;) Ventured into Qinimi the other day, and got pwned by one of the dogs in a cage. (Blasted Chaos Claws proc...)

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Dakat

I've had good days and bad days there as far as parchments are concerned. Most times though, its usually like I mentioned previously.

Not by soloing though. These guys are soloable, but its just more efficient to grab another beast or/and a necro or mage and then you can kill them faster. For the exp aspect anyways.

BlackSnyper

I prefer grouping bees..it's much nicer

It may just have been that by FAR the single best group i got in BoT was up there..but anyway..

I was getting an AA every half hour.  (Note, most of the people grouped minud myself was 200+ aa's; I checked after)

Toiler

There are far easier places to solo for exp. BoT Turkeybee's are good if you can avoid the damage they dish out. PoI is good for some easy, fairly fast exp. If you have a full group in BoT you're better off at one of the camps IMO, at least you'll get a chance at a named or two at a camp.

zaab

Never tried the bees, so figured I would give it a try.  Took my druid hydra there last nite.  Clerics are a pain, warriors go down quickly.  Too long a wait for respawn, and about 2-3% aa with my duo.  I find the SS camp in HoH  to be a lot better/faster.  Same duo (use the druid to split the 3 pairs at start), and I can get 6% aa per kill not grouped with druid.  I get 1AA every 45 minutes, when I stop and rebuff Fluffy.  I can clear the 12'th Valorian when the first pops, so it can be non-stop and about as safe as any high exp camp can be.

Tastian

It really depends if anyone else is up at turkeybees or not how many there are.  I used to run around and do 3 of the different sections hehe.  Also you get ~5% AA per kill on the bees if you aren't grouped which is about what you get off the guards.  The guardians are a 1 level higher as I recall and also you get the random sentry/named that can give you up to 7% solo so that helps the exp curve too.

Oneiromancer

Quote from: zaabToo long a wait for respawn

That is an odd statement...if you are sharing that courtyard with others, I suppose you'd have to wait, but if you have it all to yourself there are more stormriders than you will possibly be able to clear with a duo.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

a_moss_snake_001

I have always rather liked Stormriders and if I can get the camp to myself here is what I do when soloing:-

0. Make sure you have KEI and PoT9. I just log in a friend's chanter or my druid whenever I need these.

1. Farm a snare wep (my fave is the shortsword in HS) and give it to your pet in primary, give it a mage fist/sword for its secondary slot. I usually have an entire bag of useful pet weapons at any given moment.

2. Buff the pet up fully, grab V/PoT9 for it if you can, a full set of mage jewelry and plate will also help. Use SoRellic as the proc buff (it can and will stun Stormriders). Turn pet taunt off.

3. Start by clearing a corner. For this first mob I advise just siccing pet then slowing and tanking it yourself in the corner. Depending on which section you are in you may have to clear at least one more bee in this way so you have some room to run around.

4. Load up an aggressive spell set. My spell line-up at this point is usually:-
- Chloroblast
- Turepta Blood
- Scorpion Venom
- Plague
- Trushars Frost
- Frost Shard
- Incapacitate
- Sha's Revenge

I have 2 DoT focuses (extra dmg + extra duration), a cold nuke focus, improved healing, spell haste and mana preservation (MP4 from tribute). The DoT critical AA I find also helps me immensely.

5. Pull a bee with slow, immediately sic pet, back off and start layering spells in this order.... Incapacitate (decent aggro) > Plague (long term damage) > Turepta Blood (major aggro) > Scorpion Venom (major aggro). After that little lot you should have total solid aggro and the mob WILL be chasing you around, it should also be snared by now (by the pet) and the pet stuns will be hindering it greatly. Don't cast any more spells, just kite it around as much as possible sitting down whenever you can to med and draw even more aggro.

6. Eventually the pet will gain aggro (usually happens around 40-50% to me). Run in at this point and tank for him, unload 2 nukes and then just finish it off with melee. Having a wep with a stun proc or slam helps at this point as the clerics will usually try to gate or get a CH off which can prolong the fight.

7. Rinse and repeat

If you have a good fast mount you can med back a lot of mana during the pull and the kite stage at the expense of losing a little aggro. I always prefer PoT9 because of the expense of the DoTs.

You can easily make an AA every 45-50 mins for as long as you want. Just run around the sections in a big circle. I tend to avoid one of the bees who is too close to a Stormwatcher but the 2 bees that are close together in the tree can easily be pulled as someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

I wouldnt recommend this camp solo until you have a good amount of AA and a decent level of gear.