Main Menu

Sewers of Nihilia - Purifying Plant questions

Started by Arkand, July 12, 2004, 04:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkand

My guild is interested in trying this GoD trial, I was wondering how well equiped a group of 65s will have to be to complete this/do well. Is it necessary to be PoP/Elemental equiped/high AA to do this or can a solid group of moderately equiped/<50 AA players do this? How would this compare to say a Hard LDoN? Any suggestions on group make-up?

Also does anyone know a site that has more complete explanations/walkthroughs of GoD?
Arkand Wolfpaw of Xev
68 Feral Lord

Kanne

A group of well geared (bazaar should be ok) and well played 65's should be enough to complete the trials.  One of the most important things to remember is these things take time, you should leave yourself about 4 hours to complete the trials.  

I think the mobs are about in-line with hard level ldons, except you rarely get more than two on a pull, and usually its just one.  

Groups need the following:
1. Tank (Knights are ok, but need to be fairly well geared)
2. Cleric
3. Enchanter/Bard (The occassional add will wipe a group without CC)
4. Snarer (Hobble is fine)
5. Slower (Bl is fine)
6. DPS

I'm sure a group that is better equipped could do it with less, but I wouldn't suggest doing that until you are more familiar with GOD.  Keep a track on nameds, there are some good drops including spells in the sewers.

Here is a nice website I found on GOD.
http://home.cwru.edu/~srp5/Gate_Tiers.htm

Arkand

Wow, exactly what I was looking for on all counts. Thank you. Now I just need to build up everyone's nerve to go try it :)
Arkand Wolfpaw of Xev
68 Feral Lord

Nimbin

Just adding my input

I did this trial with 5 people.

A very nicely geared shammy(elemental/GoD), 8.7k warrior (with cleric bot), monk and BL.
The monk and myself (BL) were very similarly equipped SHO main, ldon/baz gear.  We originally were just there for the exp and possible named mobs but decided to attempt the boss mob stonemight.

Never got more than 2 mobs on a pull, had a couple deaths along the way but we mangaged to pull it out in the end and complete the trial, nice leather bracer drop and GoD spell.  I was told this was the easiest of the trials so I think a decent full group should not have a problem.  

Hardest part was getting there without invis popping and not dying en route to the zone in.

Toln

I believe Purifying plant is one of the easiest ones.

The mobs hit relatively harder in general than in trials #2 and #3 (and I think #4) but the trial overall is fairly straight forward and not too difficult.

If your group can do Hard LDoN I think you could handle the first trial (purifying plant).

Yzak

Kind of old post but considering I completed Plant last night.  The regular mobs hit moderately hard, about 1000ish.  At the end the mobs hit for 1286 max and ae ramp, they can be singled pulled, they kinda just warp on you.  The last guy is unslowable and flurries.  Almost dropped our paladin he had about 10khpish then again we had a druid healing.  Our group consisted of a Ranger, myself, paladin, rogue, chanter, druid.  The last 4 played all by 1 person.  Ae ramp was a pain, because I couldn't avoid it even at max range, and getting hit for 1286 isn't quite my forte as you can see in my magelo.  :)
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr