Main Menu

Plane of Hate miniguide.

Started by Shieara, August 30, 2004, 05:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Heyas, first or second time I have posted here I think.  Just thought I would do a small writeup on PoHate.  Although we don't have any epic drops there, a lot of classes do and I am being constantly dragged there by friends.  Plus in t1 the loot and exp are decent solo.  

===========================
General Info

Why would anyone want to visit Hate?  Well, mages, necros, shadow knights, rangers and enchanters all have epic drops there.  Other then the enchanter piece all of these can either be mqed or are just tradable loot.  People are doing a big push for epics right now to skip a step or two on epic 2.0 (or it seems that way).

Another reason is the Marsinger Gem quests.  The final gem, Marsinger's Glimmering Gem , is a pretty nice ranged item that is attainable by anyone.  If this is your goal though prepare to spend a lot of time for it.  Also, it's not soloable.  A good walkthrough for this quest is found here.

The third reason would be to take the two raid mobs there, namely Innoruuk and Maestro of Rancor.  Those encounters aren't covered in this guide.

Finally, from an experience perspective, solo in tier 1 the loot and exp is fairly good.  If you're taking a group up I recommend tier 4.  The mobs are reasonably difficult but the loot is decent, especially if you get a named to spawn.

Step 1:  Preperation

There is NO zoneout in PoHate.  You MUST bring a gate potion or some other means of leaving the zone.  Otherwise prepare to be stuck there.  You have been warned.  As far as buffs, I usually don't bring any other then my own.  There are too many dispelling mobs, and they always seem to go for that virtue or KEI.  It's up to you if you want to chance it.  Nothing runs so forget about some means of snare.  Pet gear can be good but it's not really necessary.

Step 2:  Getting There

There are two ways to get to PoHate.  The first is to hire a wizard to port you.  The second is to turnin Fuligan Soulstone of Innoruuk to Relm M'loch in the Plane of Tranquility.  She is located in the same building as the book to Plane of Knowledge.  Just turn around and you should see her (she's a dark elf).  The stones cost around 50 plat with max charisma and amiable faction.  Unfortunately, the only place to buy them is in the cleric guild in Neriak Third Gate.  I recommend just making a dark elf alt to buy them for you.  In any case, you only need one stone if you are using the wizard teleport for a whole group, but if you are planning on turning them into Relm you will need one stone per person.

============================

Step 3:  Tier 1

If you are soloing this is where you want to go.  Here is a link to a map of Hate.  From this you should be able to see the various tiers detailed, as well as all of the named spots.   I'll be referring back to this some.  Basically tier 1 is everything north of the big stairs leading to the Maestro.

I'm going to take a second to address the varous tier 1 mobs you will be fighting.  These are all the old mobs that used to be on the first floor of Hate.  Spite golems are almost totally resistant to magic.  I think I have managed to land a slow once, so don't waste your mana.  They cast minor spells, all of which I resist.  The ashenbone drakes follow standard dragon rules so you must be in melee range to cast spells on them.  They are spellcasters but you will probably resist everything but their fire dot occasionally.  They also have the chance to drop the decrepit hide for the shadow knight epic.  Revenants, both male and female, are enchanters.  Don't let this scare you.  Their hps are so low they go down fast, and I have never been mezzed or charmed by one.  They can drop the enchanter and mage epic pieces (essance of a vampire, staff of elemental mastery:earth).  Ire ghasts can harm touch and cast minor spells, but are otherwise weak.  Kiraikuei and rats are pure melee.  The loathing lich's are wizards and the clerics are, well, clerics.  You may take some damage from the lich's, so just be prepared for that.  

Generally what I do after zoning in and buffing is clear the bridge.  You should see it immediately to your right after zoning in.  There will be four mobs, one on each corner.  These can be easily solo pulled at 65.  There's also a roamer that walks from in front of the bride to the east and back.  Feel free to clear it if you need.  After crossing the bridge (you will now be in front of Magi P'tasa's house) I generally hang a left (east) and go right into the corner you should see.  This spot is free of roamers and puts you within easy reach of four named placeholders.  If this area is taken I recommend moving south until you get to the big stairs.  This also puts you in range of four named phs but there are more mobs you will have to clear to get to them.

I'm going to assume that you are at the spot I meantioned earlier in the corner.  If not you can use the map from above to find the named around the stairs.   Usually I kill named phs from east to west.  That is, I start with the Lord of Ire (#5 on the map provided) and then move to Master R'tal(2), Magi P'tasa(1), and the Eerie chest(11).  When you pull the chest you are almost guaranteed to get two mobs.  I've been able to single it now and again, but it is very rare, so just be prepared.  Note that the phs for these mobs are always the same type of mob as the named.  For example the ph for Master R'tal will be a kiraikuei.

You'll find cash and gems as loot, as well as armor pieces.  Turn in each armor piece to the respective guild master in PoK and you will recieve a random gem.  The gems can range from trash (peridots) to blue diamonds.  Usually though I make around 1-2k per hour.  Of course if you get an epic piece it can be more.  The ranger one especially sells well, and is a rare drop from any tier 1 named.

==============================

Tiers 2 and 3

I can solo tier 2, and probably tier 3 as well.  The tier 2 mobs are the old 2nd floor Hate mobs.  Basically expect the same thing as you would get from tier 1 mobs, except they are harder.  They also do not drop epic pieces or armor.  Honestly, it is really not worth your time to solo here unless you are looking for your Marsinger piece.

Tier 3 mobs are now all live dark elves (before we had lots of undead).  This tier is actually quite small compared to the others.  We're also getting into mobs that are 60+.  This is soloable, but not really worth it unless you are going after a specific drop, and in that case you will get it much faster with a group.

======================================

Tier 4

Bring a group.  A single good group can handle all the named phs here.  Generally we would start in the southwest corner and then crawl from named to named in a clockwise circle.  You will either need to be able to handle two mobs at once or need some kind of pacify.  Aggro range is fairly small, but keep away from doors or you will get adds.  Also, like in all of Hate, pathing is bad.  Keep an eye on your pet push.  These are level 63 mobs.  Named are level 65.  They can hit fairly hard, so bring a competent healer.  Their drops are pretty decent and you can check all that out on Alla.

======================================

Anyways, I hope this encourages more people to go check out Hate.  Although I am getting sort of tired of it (been there a lot recently) it can be a fun zone and yield some decent rewards.  So give it a chance  :D

JillieMT

Excellent write-up, on a zone that I have been going to regularly the last month or so!

I have a question though, if anyone knows... Are the mage and shadowknight epic bits multiquest-able? I have both the mage earth staff thingie and the sk's decrepit hide in the bank. Am I sitting on a pile of money here?  :P
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Rukkis

I don't know about the mage piece, but the Decrepit Hide for the SK epic is multiquestable. They used to be worth quite a lot, but since the drop rate was increased that may have changed. I just finished my SK epic after being stuck at the hide for nearly 2 years. After the drop rate increase, it took less than an hour to get my hide.
Rukkis - Wildblood of Xev

Shieara

Every epic drop up there is mqable or tradeable except for the enchanter drop.  I find that they still sell fairly quickly and for a decent amount  because people are just too lazy to go to an easy zone to farm drop for a weapon that is not as good as what they have.  ymmv though.

JillieMT

Thanks for the info! I may go ahead and test the market then, hehe! Yep, the epics arent as good as other weapons now, but perhaps people want to get them in advance of OoW and Epic 2.0.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio