Main Menu

65 LDON Hard Questions

Started by Ukator Iceblood, January 05, 2004, 09:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysz

i suppose if the beasts had 5k+ unbuffed, then you could just rotate tanking for each mob, so each bst could regen while they are on heal duty.  i can't imagine it will do really well though :D

if you do it, you get to laugh at me and all the others who said you couldn't!  :P
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Phlashh

Hopefully on Monday night, The Brellian Beastlord Suicide Squad will attemp the hard LDoN.  Will keep y'all posted :)
Phlashh Bangkitty
Elder Feral Lord
Mythic Voyagers
Brell Serilis

bham

The Brellian Beastlord Suicide Squad might have a chance.

Assuming you all have the same pet focus and similar pet AAs each warder should generate similar aggro. It may be possible to let the warders tank each mob and use ranged spells for damage. If the mob splits it damage between warders heals will be easy and the massive regen between fights will save mana. 6 warders equals 360-380 DPS. Add nukes/dots and you'll knock em down ok. A paragon every 2.5 mins will let you nuke a hell of a lot :)

Remember to suspend/unsuspend your warder if he uses enrage during a fight.

EF seems to have the least multi pulls to me. Once you make some space you might be able to kite 1 or 2 adds while the other 4 or 5 guys take down one at a time. If you use slow/incapacitate for aggro they should stay above 97% and be unable to summon (right?).
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

tkyn

Don't forget mage pet toys, nuke focus bracers, and something to snare the runners.

I really hope  you guys do this, please report back...
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Sutan

Quote from: bham

Not to derail, but why do this?

Argach

It resets the enrage timer, apparently.

bham

Quotebham wrote:

Not to derail, but why do this?

Pet enrage will never refresh. Once your pet uses it once he never gets it back until he dies. However, if you suspend then unsuspend him it refreshes and is ready to go again.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Kromjr

You need quality group members. Ive never done one without a bard. Seems like the key component there single pulls and fading memories. Coudlnt see anyone but a cleric healing there either but maybe a druid could get the job done. If your used to tanking/off tanking normals lol get that out of your head fast unless you got some real sweet gear and defensive AA's.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Oneiromancer

I tanked a high risk LDoN a week or so ago without a bard.  We had a monk puller, cleric, shaman...and necro I think, besides me, and ended up losing by 30 seconds.  (That's with the 15 minute delay at the beginning cause of a wipe after which the SK tank LD'ed and never returned.)  So even high risk LDoNs can break the molds that we set for them...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Skarx

its all about the gear.. had some punks in guild laughing two nights ago.. Cause they just did a hard Ldon.. with no slower CC... that was No chanter.. no bard... no beast... no shaman... and completed it, win 40mins give or take 5.
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin

Eatbugs

QuoteIf your used to tanking/off tanking normals lol get that out of your head fast unless you got some real sweet gear and defensive AA's.

Well yes, but it's very doable with maxed defensive AA and 5k+ unbuffed hp.

I've tanked and pulled a good few (successful) hard LDoNs now, even a couple with only Rangers for CC.  It takes a good, on-the-ball Cleric and group members who know what they're doing - but it's a ton of fun.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Kathounette

and what about pet pulling ?

I found some information with /search on the forum but not a full discussion about this aspect either in normal or in Hard ldons. From what I read : hard ldon .. pulling single mobs with a level 60 pet ..
Kathounette
65 Feral Lady on Karana

Oneiromancer

The pet has to be green to the mob to single pull it.  Not sure if light blue works.  The level 56 pet spell, which summons a level 43 pet, should always work.  The level 58 spell, which summons a level 45 pet, might not work.  Unless I'm off on levels vs. cons.

In any case, there is a guide on pet pulling here somewhere...probably in The Beastlord's Companion section.  Give it a run speed buff, extra hp, and Calliav if you have it.  If you're going to be constantly using it to pull, just keep it out, otherwise keep your other pet suspended.  I think the biggest thing to note is that you need to be far enough away that you don't get assist aggro and bring other mobs in.  The aggro rang on mobs is different between "engage" and "assist".  I don't really have too many details on that though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

You also have to make sure you don't jump up over the pet on the hate list.  If you want to have some fun then pet pull a mob at the back of a room and as it's coming in single sit down.  8P  Mob will get pissed at you instead and here come friends hehe.