Main Menu

Grouping in Omens

Started by bham, September 16, 2004, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

If you are 66+ and looking for a good grouping spot in Omens go to Wall of Slaughter.

The mobs are roughly BoT strength, maybe a bit tougher as they mitigate slow. Named mobs pop at random and are red to a 66, but one groupable with a solid, not necessarily raid-equipped, group.

I hear they drop decent loot and spell runes for the 66-68 spells.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Catgal

I have been in there griding xp for 2 days, 3 hours each. Named pops like crazy. Got 5 runes for my group in total (forgot which type/level)... I got a level 68 rune (turned in for pet buff), a 1hp with proc Rune I  :twisted: , a head leather armor (quite crappy but upgrade for me) and an arms armor (big upgrade for me, tho crappy too). Also, I got my SPF since many ppl in Fire and guild sent me tell it dropped yesterday LOL.

Eatbugs

One-grouped a named today in WoS that tripled for 2600 and had a 1500dd + stun AE - was quite the fight, although I managed to get it slowed early on.  Dropped a plate class only cloak (that wasn't an upgrade for our two tanks) and nothing else, oh well.

Spent a couple of hours after that in the Murkglider caves, with no drops to speak of - no named ever spawned.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Ttony

Quote from: EatbugsOne-grouped a named today in WoS that tripled for 2600 and had a 1500dd + stun AE - was quite the fight, although I managed to get it slowed early on.  Dropped a plate class only cloak (that wasn't an upgrade for our two tanks) and nothing else, oh well.

That mob is Discordling Warfiend. Dropped arune for us 1 time out of about 40 kills. Drops the cloak as common and a pair of caster gloves as his rare. A couple of the names can drop the 69 nodrop spell runes.

To date I have turned and gotten in order

level 66 none so far
level 67 I have gotten Muade's Mending then Focus of Undalla then Spiritual Vitality
68 none yet =( all the pet stuff
69 I got on the first rune turn in Spiritual Ascendence $$

20% from 70. Should be there tomorrow
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Lestor

I just figured I'd add my comments on the Wall of Slaughter.

I first got a group here the other day, and I volunteered to pull.. I had never pulled here before (but I like to pull, since most people are too slow for my liking :P).

First off if you don't have Spirit of Eagle or there-abouts you're going to get beaten on while you're running back with the mob.  These things are FAST.  Faster than SoW.  They also mostly mitigate slow.  You can almost always get the wandering mobs single.  But the stationary Dragorns in the ruins can come single or up to 3 in my experience.  I pulled and two-boxed my cleric with little difficulty.  Our Tank was a paladin, probably some Ele/Time/GoD equiped.  (About 9k HP.)

Everything near the zone-in was 62-64ish.  Named were 68 or so.  Later we decided to move north, into the harder area of the zone...

Here the mobs where all white or higher to me at 66.  I continued to pull here as well.  Put with a slight change.  Since the mobs were tougher (and since it's almost impossible to get a single here) I would target one mob, and get the enchanter to assist me so that he could mez that one when it was incoming.  I'd give the tank another target to taunt right away, and for the third I would pull it myself, and tank it until the enchanter could mez it.  This worked out very well to break the camp, after that it was mostly singles.

We got a few named up there.  They were all 71+.  Dropped some plate gloves (Upgrade for my cleric, Woot!) and some other garbage I didn't pay attention to.

All in all the EXP was a hell of a lot better than chain pulling BoT, and a hell of a lot more fun.  An enchanter is almost a must though.  These hit for high 600s to low 700s, mitigate slow, are extremely fast, and usually come in 2s or 3s.  Snare is also a MUST.  They run away like a bat out of hell, and can bring back a very large train... Take my word for it. ;)

Cheers,

Lestor

bham

If Wall of slaughter is a bit much for your group, try Harbringers Spire. Its just off Draniks Scar and is good for well-geared duos or groups of non-raiders.  :idea:

There are about 10 rooms in the first area, each room has from 3 to 11 spawns, as far as I can tell every room has at least 1 named that can pop. :wink:

The first room on the right has 2 or 3 different named mobs that can pop, one of which drops a type 7 regen 2 aug. Other named drop items with about 40 to 55 hp/mana. Altho the hp/mana is low the stats seem to be higher than average. The highest level named I have seen was level 64.

No runes yet from here  :cry:

Beware of the discordlings, they proc various effects, including a stun that makes you spin for 6 secs, a mana degen spell that overwrites kei and a few others.  :!:

There is another area down the back that  has a series platforms and corridors with higher level mobs. There is a massive red glowing thing that I suspect is for an event of some kind..no idea what.  :?:

Be ready for multiple pulls. Bring either crowd control or someone who can split pulls.

So far the best thing to drop is the regen 2 aug. A decent-bazaar-geared level 66 beastlord with a healing partner could camp it.  :P
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox