Main Menu

OoW Solo

Started by Kirinicus, September 16, 2004, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirinicus

Hello all

I have yet to receive a copy of OoW-waiting for it to arrive in the mail-and I was curious as to what parts of it are soloable or duo'able with a well-geared 65 cleric friend of mine. Specifically I was looking for some places that drop either decent sellable loot, augs and maybe a spell or two. Thanks for any info that you might present.
Elder Kirinicus Kittensummoner
Feral Lord of Torvonnilous.

And when he gets to heaven,
to Saint Peter he will tell;
Just another soldier reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Cathartic

Only real viable place i have found for duo in OoW is thae causeway off dranik scar.  You can get spell runes to drop there off the murkgliders.  I tried those guys solo at 67 with almost 350 AAs, 1500 ac, and a lil over 9k hp with V and they were tough (brought me to about 40% from full killing one).  You could try them and see not sure if you could tank them while cleric heals but only place ive really found for good xp solo or duo.

Cathartic

Quezic Grahl

I've found Harbinger's Spire (can get there from Dranik's Scar) to be decent for soloing near the zone at least.  The dragorn's in the first couple rooms spawn 3 different nameds that I've solo'd.  Didn't drop any spell runes, but dropped a few ok bazaar items and a regen 2 aug.  Actually one of the drops was ok, a 51 AC plate BP with pretty good stats, recommended level only 53, dumped it at the bazaar for 11k so I could go get more.  Decent caster wristband drops there too.

Anyway, the ph dragorn mobs there hit for up to 283, but mitigate slow so do more damage than you'd expect for fairly soft hitters.  Can kill 2 of them at once tanking though, I am non uber, mostly LDoN gear so would be easier for a lot of people even.  The nameds hit harder, more like 380ish, mitigate slow, and proc some DD's, dots, and stuns depending on the mob.  With 190ish resists in everything, I only resist them maybe half the time.  Leave a couple buff slots open for them.  Still, they aren't too bad.  Tried another named bug looking mob there with a warrior and shaman I was grouped with, it hit for 600+ and procs a nasty debuff on you that lasts an hour and drains your mana, oh and it overwrites KEI =/.  2 Radiant Cure 3's from the shaman removed it though.

The xp seems to suck pretty bad in Harbinger's though, I was there like 4 hours maybe and only got 3 blues in 66 or so.  Will try wall of slaughter groups when I get a chance, just want some runes for spells right now.  Honestly, you'd get faster xp soloing just killing mobs in droga at 66.  They really need to adjust the xp on some of these mobs in OoW, takes a ton of xp to get through 66+ and the mobs there give worse xp than trivial droga mobs that are barely dark blue and they take longer to kill.

Oh, try to avoid soloing the bug looking mobs too by the way, the normal ones hit for high 300's, mitigate slow, and have alot more hp's than the dragorns.   I can solo them, but it's not really worth the effort.

Shieara

You should be able to do dranik's with a cleric duo.  I did the mirkgliders there trying for spell runes with mine (none dropped).  Wasn't too bad, though they seemed to have a lot of hps.  They hit for like 500ish max and were resistant to poison but nukes and disease dots landed.  They are really slow too so you can outrun them if you get in over your head.  Oh they do run when low on hps.

Aubre

I have been soloing in the bloodfields just past the tunnel from Dranik's Scar. The Discordant Shards wiz/dru need for port quests drop there. However, the zone-in mobs tend to light blue out at 67.
Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

Torguran

Personally Kir....

I think you should take along a fledgeling Beastlord....say a lvl 62 and make a group out of it.  I happen to know of one...  :)

Give me a shout in game will ya!

Torguran Tailchaser - Savage Lord of 62 seasons
Wildcaller Torguran - 70 Vah Shir
Proud member of **Prophets of the Myst**
Server formerly known as Torvonnilous

Torgy's Treasures