Main Menu

LDONs - how they scale levels vs missions

Started by dewddabst, October 13, 2004, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewddabst

sometimes get a 400hitter mission and sometimes i get a 1000 hitter normal mission.  both times ive had a lvl 65 in the group.. wats the deal

Dakat

average level of entire grp?  Who zoned in first?

When I play my enchie in LDON, I make sure the group knows that I zone in first. this usually guarantee's me to get a charmable pet close to entrance.  The technique works real well in Sro on a particular adv. Since mobs at zone in do not spawn until a minute after the first person zones in.

Not totally sure about this, but I've seen some weird things in LDON. With the many different characters I've pushed through LDONs, its bound to happen. If you could count each character as 1, Id have close to 1000 if not more total LDONs.  What I notice sometimes, besides what I mentioned above, who zones in first or perhaps group composition itself determines mobs hitting potential.  I've done an LDON where mobs were hitting for 400s when mostly melee classes in the group and hitting for high 200s low 300s with mostly casters.

Ekss

The only thing which determines the mobs in a LDoN is the average level of the group.

It doesn't matter who zones in first, or what classes you have.

And I have never seen mobs near the zone in spawn after the first person zones in. Are you sure that wasn't lag or something?

As for the original question, if the average level of your group is 63 or greater, you will get mobs which hit for up to 400 or so (this is what most people call a 65 normal).
As the average level of the group increases, there is a point at which you won't get a 65 normal anymore, you'll get a '70 normal', which is the same as a 65 hard; I suspect it's when the average level of the group reaches 68+ or something like that.

So you can see that even with a level 65 character in the group, you can get different adventures depending on what other levels you have in the group.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Jkal_Shihar

/agree

Spent most of the day looking for where it was stated its set on average level of group and not who zones in first. I know I saw it stated somewhere by a dev I believe.

But on the average hitters. Just like Ekss said. it evolves on what the average lvl of your group is will usually determine on how hard they hit.
When I did LDoN's with all 65s on a normal setting, the hardest not counting name I ever ran across was bout 350ish.
When they up'd the lvl, I did a LDoN with a few 68's and most of us was still 65/66 and it felt like we were doing a hard or raid event. getting hit for close to 1k wasn't for me.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar/agree

Spent most of the day looking for where it was stated its set on average level of group and not who zones in first. I know I saw it stated somewhere by a dev I believe.

That myth popped up quite a while ago when our colleagues were trying to show how much they knew about LDoNs back when it was new.

Dumpty

Correct, The instance is generated when you request the adventure at the camp, its doesnt spontaneously create itself when you try and zone in hehe
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Kebrarn

Do level 70 Hard instances exist?  If so how hard do they hit for?
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Oneiromancer

No, it's been said many times that you can't get a "level 70 Hard" mission.  All you can get is the normal one, which is the same as the "level 65 Hard" missions we were used to before the level cap raise.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

dewddabst

what ive noticed.

lvl 67 + (5) lvl 65s = regular 65 mission

some 70s + 65s = 1000 hitter mission, i would say bit harder than 65 hards.

need to find out the average level thing and how it works

Dumpty

You gotta hit group avg level of 68 for you normal to be a 990 hitter (and high risk wont be a valid choice, easy way to tell when at camp, if u cant pick high risk then yer getting a 990 normal.)
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

dewddabst

thanks dumpty, that info shuld be posted somewhere.  good idea on the using high risk not being valid choice.