Main Menu

SoF 2 Weeks later!

Started by Humlaine, November 28, 2007, 12:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on December 01, 2007, 11:54:05 AM
Dev's won't enlighten us with their view/vision of the class, and haven't for years.

Usually correct though during TBS beta Necros where given such information so it isn't totally out of the question.

As an old Necro the last thing I want is to be relegated to a mana battery again (a large part of the reason I retired my necro) so you can see my trepidation when a beastlord from beta (and guilded with the cc) starts describing us as such.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Inphared

We're not -just- a mana battery. I've posted parses, we don't suck for DPS either. Paragon is coming back into the powerful tool that it once was is what I'm really getting at.

kindarring2

Just got growl of the puma and tried casting it on myself. Seams that empathic fury blocks the spell. Is this right or should it not block the spell?
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Oiingo

Quote from: kindarring2 on December 02, 2007, 01:21:04 PM
Just got growl of the puma and tried casting it on myself. Seams that empathic fury blocks the spell. Is this right or should it not block the spell?

The old growl never stacked with Empathic Fury.  It would make sense that Puma is the same way.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

If I remember right, there was stacking with old growl & BA as well, as in, couldn't cast BA with growl on, but could cast growl after have BA, or backwards mebbe.  Not done it in a long while.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

sunkash

If you don't like pact, don't use it. Very simple.

PACT is the best thing we got and for raid purposes is effectively unuseable in it current form. If it not to much to ask that is be fixed, and not get a Smart !@#$@ remark back? This is basically why I stopped reading this forum for 18 months, and just recently trying again, buy apparently there's no real point. We get what we get, you alll seem to just enjoy getting the short end of the stick on every release, so good luck to ya! You seem to enjoy slamming others that attempt to make some constructive comments to better class, and just seem to reliish your own uberness, rather sad.  I'm hoping some day, you post you don't think something works as it should, and someone tells you " don't use it. Very simple." utter crap for a response.

I'm pretty sure we didn't get Fero deleted. Sony doesn't read these forums religiously.

yes, there was a group Fero on a prior release, its referenced here on many posts. Basically from your requests a former Corr. asked that it be removed becuase nobody wanted. it.   Root was something else, devs were thinking to give us. community said. no we want more dps, we dont want that. So root was not given, and we got zero
in exchange for it. its all here in the forums on past disussions. Of couse you have the keys to the kingdom, on this board. so I guess you could have those old posts deleted just to make your point... feel free.. in fact fell free to ingore any posts from anyone that is not yourself, and the few that still play our class will be fewer and fewer every release, until the devs call you us, and ask you what the 2 beastslords that still play want in the next release. me I'll check back in another 18 months. less impressed wth this new leadership that I care to say.

Maylian

Sunkash I think you can now remove your head from your self righteous arse! Whilst it is a minor annoyance that you have to click PoW to enable BA to work it is a minor thing that hopefully SoE will change. As it stands though its not a high priority item. As for other issues, such as Peerless Penchant, Ferocity etc I am fairly sure Humlaine has been arguiing for these to be looked into; if not then I can tell you I have and many other beasts to try and galvanise our position on these currently being broken.

The two items you mention regarding group fero and root are both mute points. Personally I don't want a root as a beastlord because I don't think it fits in our role. And why ask for a group ferocity when we have been fighting with SoE to get a single target version to be upgraded for the last 1-2 years if not longer? As it stands I don't mem fero and I know many other beastlords that don't because it is a waste of mana and having it take a spell slot effectively reduces our dps. The problem we have is not our class correspondent but an innefectual developer (Prathun) who has routinely ignored PM's and forums suggesting reasonable upgrades or "fixes" to spells. You say that you hope someone tells us not to use something because it is broken....Prathun has said exactly this with regards to some of our spells. It is that ignorance you should be contacting SoE to change rather than coming on to these boards, bashing the majority of people that are genuinely trying to improve the beastlord class.

It is unfortunate that Tastian went AWOL and I am sure many that frequent these boards wish him well and hope he is ok. But anyone that became a CC after him was destined to have very big shoes to fill and I think Hum has done a decent job. I also think that whilst SoF hasn't seen as large growth in our class as TSS it certainly has been one of the better ones thanks to some awesome AA's. Sometimes I do think there are louder voices on this forum but I would like to think we take many peoples opinions about the class as possible....see you in 18 months Sunk, maybe you'll have something useful to add then.

Khauruk

Quote from: sunkash on December 03, 2007, 04:37:50 PM
PACT is the best thing we got and for raid purposes is effectively unuseable in it current form.
Exaggerate much?  I agree it should be fixed, but c'mon man...drama will get you nowhere.

yes, there was a group Fero on a prior release, its referenced here on many posts. Basically from your requests a former Corr. asked that it be removed becuase nobody wanted. it.
A - I've been in the last several betas, and reading these boards for a few years.  I have never seen a group fero make it into code.  The idea was tossed around among the community and found to be lacking - why bother to make a group version when the single isn't worth casting either?

Root was something else, devs were thinking to give us. community said. no we want more dps, we dont want that. So root was not given, and we got zero in exchange for it.
Again, not in the past three years or so.

so I guess you could have those old posts deleted just to make your point... feel free
The only posts I've seen deleted on these boards were related to this last beta.  I think it was entirely wrong, dumb, and many other less kind adjectives; but, no moderation like that has occured since I started reading here.

I'll check back in another 18 months.
Hopefully you'll have something worthwhile to contribute, other than rants.
less impressed wth this new leadership that I care to say.
I have issues w/ the "leadership" as well.../shrug.  The CC program will never work perfectly to serve everybody's wants/needs/vision.  We all have the ability to talk directly with the developers in one way or another - just not quite as much.  We also aren't immediately ignored because we're not CCs...just don't be a Battleblade on the EQLive forums, and chances are decent you'll get a response.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

I don't even know what to say to that.

lol

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on December 03, 2007, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: sunkash on December 03, 2007, 04:37:50 PM

yes, there was a group Fero on a prior release, its referenced here on many posts. Basically from your requests a former Corr. asked that it be removed becuase nobody wanted. it.
A - I've been in the last several betas, and reading these boards for a few years.  I have never seen a group fero make it into code.  The idea was tossed around among the community and found to be lacking - why bother to make a group version when the single isn't worth casting either?

I think he might be a bit confused and is thinking of the group IoS we had for a while. Remember we asked that they replace it as every beastlord that posted was at max stats, they replaced it (cant remember with what) and next expansion level cap and stats went up lol.

I still think a group version of fero would be worth casting if the mana coast stayed as it currently is (not increased) it would raise the dps from the spell from around 15 to around 60 but that was just me.

thor

they replaced it with a bst version of the rng god heal

Denti

Yes, that was group IoS, something i still defend as a good decision since it boosted our heals to be on par with rangers. Heals are a sore point at the moment since they are lagging behind every expansion in regards to our HP pools.

Group Fero was something that was extensively discussed on this board but the general concensus was that a group buff with at least three times the single manacost (and most probably only a group version, no single, same as our Focus) wouldn't be worth it. Prathuun stated in at least two different HoC chats that Fero is basicly useless and there is nothing he can do about it as atk is over the softcap anyway for most.

Of course i would enjoy it if Wurine would stack with BA, however at the moment that is really not a big point for me. It is easy enough to click one of and then use the other on the one hand, on the other BA has a pretty long reuse too so that is really not a big issue.

As for our CC, well, i'm pretty sure he tries to do the best for the class, however a CC doesn't really have to say much so it is up to everyone of us to use /feedback, /bug and PM the devs directly.

Shieara

There was a pet proc root in one of the betas.  Darned if I remember which one.  I know it happened while Tastian was cc and that pretty much every beastlord I talked to from beta said it sucked.  Maybe that is what he is talking about?

I don't ever remember seeing a group fero in beta though.

Pindol

Some info in regards to one of the new spells:

lvl 80 Howl At The Moon Call Rk.2:

min slash - 87
max slash- 283
max crit - 435

Lvl 75 Bark At The Moon Call Rk.2:

min slash - 92
max slash- 297
max crit - 456

Focused used: Servant of Chaos (Savagesoul Sandals of the Wilds)

If this spell ( Lvl 80) requires better (raid obtained) focus to become an upgrade to lvl 75 spell than dev's reasoning behind it is pathetic.
However, would like to see the parsing due to overall dps comparison (double, triple, quad hits etc might be increased, but it seems to me that it is rather decreased).

Sikkem

Quote from: Shieara on December 03, 2007, 11:32:57 PM
There was a pet proc root in one of the betas.  Darned if I remember which one.  I know it happened while Tastian was cc and that pretty much every beastlord I talked to from beta said it sucked.  Maybe that is what he is talking about?

lol was that the one that the pet proc itself broke root so it never actually worked? I had forgotten about that  :roll: