Main Menu

Spirit of Flame

Started by Gizzie, June 16, 2004, 02:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzie

Hi all , having just recently dinged 56 :) and finally getting malaria solo as nobody in Dulak seemed willing to help :( , I was wondering if I might be able to solo Vamps castle in TM to get Spirit of Flame. If not here is there anywhere I else I can do solo to get this or Spirit of Snow, think I am probably going to be told to level up a bit but thought I would ask first :D
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

Fruud

Grats on getting Malaria. I take it you also got Bond of the Wild (BOW)?

There is no where you can get SOF or SOS solo at level 56 except for in the bazaar.  :?

It may be easier for you to camp areas that will improve your bank balance like Grimling Forest in the mines.

Use the auction channel and auction that your in the market for either of the 2 spells and what your offering. Don't worry about what you think they are worth or what you have seen them priced at.

I was fortunate and got SOF this way for 3K plat. SOF is a great spell of course the Katta guards probably didn't like it  :twisted:

Good luck, be patient, and have fun.

Resvordwag

I Tried to solo the Vamp Castle at lvl 55 or 56 I can't remember.  I was able to kill the Named on the First floor.  The problem was I couldn't kill fast enuff to clear a way to the 2nd floor to get Ren.  The other problem I would see is the Named (at Least the first floor one) has a ton of hp and Resists are high, so he was able to run a long ways before I finally finished him off (Runs at 19%), This problem would be death by adds I'm sure on the 2nd floor.  I was pulling the first floor out of the castle.  Best bet would be to get someone that can snare to duo with.

On a side note is SoF worth the trouble of trying to get or is it better to just wait for SoR?  I find I can kill non stop in Velks Lab at 57 useing Spirit of the Storm, SoS being useless in Velks (picked it up for 1k in Bazzar)  :D . Only time I've ever seen SoF in Bazzar it was 18k.
Resvordwag -- 65 Iksar Beastlord -- Innoruuk

Oneiromancer

I would say only get Flame if you happen to see it for a great deal.  I got mine for 2k, I was totally ecstatic...and I had just dinged 56 the previous night too.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

leasatra

SoF doesn't just drop off Ren ... but Ren is the easiest to kill

get into a raid in any of these places to get the spell ...Greg drops it alot

Grieg's End
Grieg Veneficus (Level: 65)

Sanctus Seru
Lord Inquisitor Seru (Level: 66)

Ssraeshza Temple
Arch Lich Rhag`Zadune (Level: 63)
Emperor Ssraeshza (Level: 66)
Xerkizh the Creator (Level: 66)

The Deep
Chasm Overseer (Level: 50)
Lhurgoz the Decayed (Level: 53)

The Maiden's Eye
A Shadow Overlord (Level: 60)

The Tenebrous Mountains
Renaldok Masric (Level: 47)
Leasatra DjinnWolf

My magelo

Mindlet

I have only seen it drop once. It dropped off the first mob in the cursed cycle in SSRA.

Jahlom

I just got it off of Lhurgoz the Decayed today- cleared back to his camp with my wife's help (she plays a lvl 57 cleric and 60 mage, my beastlord is 57.)  We killed one placeholder, then he spawned and dropped Spirit of Flame  :lol: (and Jolting Blades, um yay?)  

Definitely a lucky drop, this is after I camped the named owlbear in Grimling Forest that supposedly drops it for several hours (it never dropped any sort of loot at all,) and our first attempt at The Deep yesterday (tried to invis back to the Lhurgoz camp, I got squished by a see invis mob and his ten buddies.)

Sorien

LOL, WOOT!!!

Guess how much I got my Spirit of Snow for....

Bazaar bought for 300pp!!!!!

Gwaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :)

Tiroon

Quote from: Sorien on February 26, 2005, 02:45:02 AM

OMG!!!

err.. did you try to haggle?  :evil:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Sorien

LOL!

I hope the guy didn't.  You see I didn't buy it.  I have a friend that is somewhat of an insomniac and actually counts his lvl 1 Bazaar mule as one of his mains.  He is also my in-game financial advisor & buyer.  I sell my own stuff. 

I tell him what slot I need upgraded and what items I have in mind to buy.  I give him a 1-2K finders fee for anything that he finds for that slot.  It is usually the item that I want, something comparable or better and for 4 - 2K less than what I was willin to pay for it.  So.... I actually paid him 2.3K, but it was bought for 300pp.  He had a BST as his main awhile ago, so he knows what that spell is worth, and I didn't even tell him I was in the market for that spell.  hehe

He has bought many of my items for me.

LOL, I still can't believe the day that he bought his BST the Copper Hammer of Striking for under 1K I think it was...

Hereki

Spirit of Flame is alleged to drop from Avisiris, a named owlbear in Grimling Forest, approx level 46.  If so, it is an extremely rare drop - my mid-50s necro has done over half a level on that spawn without success.

Nekokirei

Quote from: Sorien on February 26, 2005, 02:45:02 AM
LOL, WOOT!!!

Guess how much I got my Spirit of Snow for....

Gwaaaahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :)

/splutters

ON STROMM?????

/stomps, rants, shakes paw at universe, spews forth a very unlady -like stream of profanity

ARGH!  I spent weeks just trying to find it or get in a group/raid for a mob it drops off.  Finally found it for an ungawdly price in bazaar and was lucky enough to have the plat available.

I congratulat eyou on the success!  Even if my skin now matches my eye colour. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Thaeliun

There has been 1 vendor on Luclin selling SoF for quite awhile now (I hope he never sells it).  I don't know if he buys up every other copy that lands for sale in bazaar or what but he is listing it at 50k!  I have been checking bazaar almost daily in an attempt to get this spell for a reasonable price for a long time now.  I've also made relatively small attempts at camping it myself, but now that I am 1 level away from Spirit of Rellic, (listed at 8k on Luclin and I still haven't gotten it either) I may skip SoF all together.  Would be nice though because I plan on getting 14 more AAs before I ding 63.

Tiroon

Quote from: Sorien on February 26, 2005, 08:31:54 PM
LOL, I still can't believe the day that he bought his BST the Copper Hammer of Striking for under 1K I think it was...

That's Stromm allright. Camping the bazaar can be very interesting indeed.

BTW I never got SoS but I did well getting SoF for 8k. :lol:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

Hrm. Ok, I did manage to find Relic for a steal--guess it all evens out in the end. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm