Main Menu

Spiritual Line Duration Increased (Stealth?)

Started by Baracca, October 12, 2005, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

heheh dumm.. think that's one of the tinkered augs that require a raid drop, no? ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

rdahl

SWEET!  I didn't even think to look at player made items.

Gonna check it out to see if that aug is truely player made or quested. 

Thanks, guess I need to constantly keep checking.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Kanan

rdahl.. the container is player made.. takes like literally 30 subcombines, several are at a pretty high tinkering triviality.  Your final combine is a no-fail combine... from a DoD raid drop.  (New info for me from talking with one of the few peeps on our server who's doing this stuff)

hakaaba

Now that they increased the cost so much id like to see them put clicky SA (single target or group) on some things.

Particularly on zun murams scepter of chaos -- many of the other classes get nice clickys on their weapons why not us?
Also in various other raid spots (time or anguish) as well as at least one spot where a non raider could get it -- maybe ssra or something.

Chanters have it why cant we?

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

hak.. why u wanna make bsts have to go for that silly sparkly stick? >< I've let that thing rot before.

Pakratz

wow, i love the idea of SA  (and paragon too!)  giving back endurance as well as mana/hp.  That would make it an essential buff for melees as well (melees always click off SA now).   love it - make it happen Tas!

Buzak

honestly, when we are doin full raid buffing on a raid its before it set off, that meens we have time to med back up again and we will have crazy mana regen from all buffs and bard songs.
what do pisses buzak off is that with the real issues we have (highend dps, new fero, raid utilities, duration of haste..) that they choose to bless us with this pretty much useless upgrade to a spell that was working damn fine. we dont MGB SA on any serius raid, this is saved for PoS(which actualy desperatly needs a upgrade as well)

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater
of drinal

Punkuz

Quote from: Kanan on October 21, 2005, 07:33:03 PM
hak.. why u wanna make bsts have to go for that silly sparkly stick? >< I've let that thing rot before.
lol kez should have got it just incase like i did  :-D
Punkuz 70 Wildblood of Pravus Mortis on Druzzil Ro

Tastian

"what do pisses buzak off is that with the real issues we have (highend dps, new fero, raid utilities, duration of haste..) that they choose to bless us with this pretty much useless upgrade to a spell that was working damn fine. we dont MGB SA on any serius raid, this is saved for PoS(which actualy desperatly needs a upgrade as well)"

Our highend dps got a major boost with depths via AA/spell/disc.  Especially when it comes to burst a lot of beastlords have told me how happy they are.  Some have gone so far as to say that they don't really think we have dps issues at the highend anymore.  It's still early in progression so to a degree we'll have to wait and see how itemization works out.  At this point we kinda have to be a bit ahead so we balance out at the end(kinda like in PoP).

Some people do MGB SA, and there are some raids where you have so much clearing or downtime that you can MGB SA and still have MGB back up before perfection is needed.  They've flat out said no to upgrading perfection since literally a week after the expansion went live.  I continue to bring the issue up, but it's just not something that is likely to change.  With talk of potential end regen changes though there is the possiblity we might see perfection "tweaked", but still unsure just how likely that might be.

New fero is getting talked about a lot right now, but just from the discussion on this board you can see what a big issue it is.  There is maybe a marginal concencus on a few specifics of what people want at this point, but still a lot of debate.  If we as a class can't even nail down exactly what we want to ask for it makes it even harder for a dev that will catch schit regardless of the change anyway.

The issue of haste duration is still out there and I think it's a pretty obvious change that isn't quite so easy as some people think.  Right now celerity just has a low duration, but that impacts shaman, the potions, even lower end enc.  To some it seems easy enough to just boost the duration on celerity, maybe give shaman a group 60% instead of the 50% and call it a day.  Perhaps that is what will happen, but as yet it hasn't.

Raid utilities also is a debated topic.  To some an upgrade to fero, the potential addition of some end regen, and the further upgrades to our heals will be a reasonable amount of utility.  I think the issue atm though is in that entangled state where we have to see what happens with certain other changes before we can really say for sure what else is needed.  The heal changes should be in soon from all I've heard, if we could reach a more clear overall opinion on fero I'd present it to ry within the next week or two so we could see where we stood.

Nusa

On the utility side, I could see this as a useful version of Fero:

8:     Increase All Resists by 65
Target Type:     Group v1

No stat or attack  bonuses, just a group resist buff. Still semi-situational, but it would have value.

cassaya

I have played with this for a while since the change, and at this point I think I would honestly vote to put it back the way it was if anyone asked me. Raiding and learning newer content, rez recovery is serious issue with this new mana cost.

I think back when we originally asked for a longer duration it was largely because raiding Beastlords wanted to be able to be able to refresh it with MGB. But the raiding content has changed a bit since then, back in the PoP or even GoD days every raid encounter did not have multiple AoE DoTs to contend with like the OoW+ ones do, and long drawn out events like Rathe make the idea of being able to just refresh SA on a raid force with MGB seem attractive.

However, nowdays in the later content almost no raid is willing to waste a Beastlords MGB on SA when it may be more effectively used with PoS against the DoT damage, especially because non mana classes get benefit from MGB used this way rather than the SA they have to click off because there are not enough buff spots.

Way back when Beastlords typically had mana to spare, even as a main slower for a group, other than the summon/buff phase to get a pet [before pets zoned] I was rarely low on mana. Anymore that just isn't so and I am already operating at a net mana loss in which extended periods meleeing can pull me down to OOM like any other class, so the added cost just isn't welcome.
Cassaya Catnip
70th Vah Shir Wildblood
Sheep ~ Luclin

Bengali

It's interesting how the "State of the Union" thread says the hp portion of PoS is insignificant compared to potions, yet this one says that no one would waste MGB on SA because saving it to use as an AE heal is too important.  Just goes to show that everyone won't be happy no matter what.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dummkopf

Yes, kinda interesting indeed. Well, with an endgame zone that blocks PoS it doesnt really matter anyway, i only use MGB for SA for a long time now and i'm truly happy about the longer duration although the manacost sucks if youre the only beastlord and wipe often.

tacyttik

Yeah, Demi-plane has kinda stalled my mana usage as well. No pet most of the time due to being on bridges or extremely soft walls. Also stops Bestial empathy. No growl of the panther with no pet. SV gets wiped by trash mobs. Leaves me with nuking and SA. Granted we are just past Zi-Thulli, maybe after we get past the ae every 15 second spiders and exploding zombies, I'll find a place were I can use my pet.

Outside of raids I love the duration of SA. Makes me wish I had a 30% buff ext aug so it'd last even longer than the 104mins it does now.
In raids I'm ok with it. Its hard after a wipe to buff everyone, but really nice on raid destinations where you'll go the entire night without much risk of a wipe.

(Slight de-rail, but didnt sony say they designed raids to be pet-friendly? At least to the point where it was viable to use pets?)