Main Menu

Best combo for a 3-box?

Started by danaconda, January 29, 2004, 03:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danaconda

I started a bard last night on the Test server. Got /testbuffed to 25 and decided to test out the /melody command. Works quite nicely. I was able to run around the bazaar and without doing anything I was able to keep Selo's, the Healing cantana song, and the mana song going constantly.

In case any of you were wondering how to use it, just type something along the lines of:

[code:1]/melody 1 2 3[/code:1]
and it will continually play whatever song you have in slots 1, 2, and 3. I tried to add a fourth song, but the first would always wear off for a split second before it started again (which isn't that bad actually). And of course, you can change the numbers to whatever you would like, and in whatever order.

I think if they let the /melody command go live it will be much easier to box a bard without having to buy any peripherals to automate twisting. I will have to /testbuff 2 more characters and box them through an LDoN to see how effective I can set up some hotbuttons. But as far as I can tell, this /melody is a good addition!

**EDIT** I attempted to lag myself a bit by running around the bazaar, but unfortunately there aren't enough traders on test server for this to be possible!  :cry: So I have no idea how /melody works when you get lag.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Sorien

I currently have a 59 BST and am lvl'ing a mage to join me.  After the mage and bst are at the same lvl's, I will lvl up a cleric so I can go LDoN'ING. 

BST/MAG/CLR

My question is, with this trio, would I be able to do my LDoN'S, trio chain DB'S for fast XP, and hit on some of the big ticket named with my BST tanking?  What has everyones experience with this trio been?

bham

Sorien,

That is exactly the path that I took, however, once the cleric was levelled up I inherited another account with a wizard and I added him to the mix. With a beastlord / mage / cleric you can do LDoNs, DoN missions and tank good loot dropping mobs, even without raid gear.

With my beastlord tanking and my cleric healing, plus the 2 nukers for DPS, I trounce RocD mobs, and recently started on MPG stuff as well. A beastlord will never tank as well as a plate class, but with AAs, good non-raid gear and skill you can tank some very rewarding stuff.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

jabby

SK, SHM, DRU

ive been 4-boxing lately  (sk, but im starting to think 4 is one too many, even with hotkeys.

tried pally shammy necro, also tried pally chanter druid, but pally takes too much attention with the chain stunning / help heal thing.

so im back to SK, SHM, DRU. light on DPS and no rez but good everywhere else. Shm HoT complements druid direct heals, druid flexible in that he can add dps on old content and switch to defensive healing on tougher stuff.

... but well see - lots of stuff that looks good on paper does not play well in game. At least in my experience.

gpofcore

The BEST 3 box is situational. My experience has been war/shaman/cleric (all lvl 59) were best at taking down even and above mobs. War tanks and def disc if needed until the shaman can get the big 75% slow to land. Other tanks just don't do as well as the warrior in this situation and I've had a lvl 63 pally and 64 beast.

Bst/shaman/cleric (I've taken these to lvl 64) is faster for xp mobs and much better at LDON's. A necro in place of shaman would work as well. Many prefer a druid in place of either the shaman or cleric, which I feel is a play style choice.

My favorite 3 box is bard/BL/cleric which are an LDON only group currently at lvl 54. These are best at LDON because the bard can pull quickly and efficiently and adds dps holding a drum and chanting 4 dot's while BL slows. The bard averages about 2 missed notes per fight, meaning you have to watch and restart his melody after each missed note. Bard then snares at the end of fight and can also charm or mez one add. I do use a Fufil's chant in the melody which is lower dot damage but has a magic resist debuff. This makes it easier to land snare, slows and magic based pet proc's.

EDIT: I use two computers and use eq windows and put the second melee on auto follow. The cleric is on the second eqwin account except when I play the BL/shaman/cleric in which case the cleric auto follows the BL and whacks em with his ever procing hammer for about 20 dps. Not much damage but fun to watch and an interesting challange when healing while on auto follow. Half my characters are on test server which doesn't usually allow eqwin and I have to use alt+tab to switch. The advantage of test server is that the best camps are almost always open and you better have a multi box because the population is very low.