Main Menu

6 box reccomendations please =)

Started by throtbot, July 06, 2005, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

throtbot

K i got acess to some paid acounts for the summer. Right now im running a War,Ench,Cler and druid ,which I leveled to 35 a couple days ago.

Ive done alot of 4 boxing in the past,so the trinity is quite easy to handle. For the 5th and 6th slot I need some dps,and they have to be casters ( 2 melee's for me is to much stuff to handle at one time).

would you go wizard ,mage or wizard,wizard.

I guess i could also drop the druid,and go mage ,wizard,wizard.

any suggestions?

bham

I would keep the druid and add necro and wizard.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Skratz

~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Et^Cetera

Personally, I would go Necro Magician.

Or if the necro is too much maintenance, Magician/Magician.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

throtbot

Hey thanks for the suggestions. :-D

So im just going to do a +/- thing for each class ,and someone can come correct when i'm wrong

1) wizard = easy to bot,transport to spots that the druid cant go to, raw DPS ( if i can keep his mana going)
2) Mage = Strong dps pet, CoH, Mod rods, various free focus gear,pet toys,Malo, decent dps
3) Necro = DPS/dots,Mind wrack,pet,Corpse summon ( probly not going to need this with the guild housing feature),dire charm, can give mana to the group as well as do decent damage

2 pet classes may be to much to handle for me because of the push, I realy need my Tank  to stay put as much as possible.

tough decesion..not sure what to go with ..eaither going wizard,mage (ease of use) or wizard,necro
Bham and Et would you mind telling me why you like the necro over the mag for a DPS slot? thanks

bham

For mage you forgot top DS (DSs do more DPS/mana than any other spell) and the best pet off tank (someone has to keep the mob busy while you debuff/mez).
For wizards you forgot stun. In DoN and some other zones lots of mobs cast and heal, being able to chain stun while still doing damage is handy. You can chain mez but its mana expensive and and stops pets from attacking each time.
For necro you forgot FD pull and FD/rez.

Other than that you summed it up pretty well.

All 3 classes have their pros and cons. Once you have the trinity plus a druid all the important bases are covered. Any combination of the other 3 classes will work and work well, choose whatever you think will be fun/easy/powerful.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Bulge

You are going to have to adjust to pet push indeed, so that could be a reason to take a wizard. Or even two.  I guess you also have to ask yourself if you want to sacrifice  some DPS for added Utility. 

I 6 box, though I do not have the holy trinity at the base of my group. However, I have come to realize that I nuke a LOT, not only because I have lots of mana-regen(BL, Druid and Chanter), but also because it's a wonderfull "get out of trouble" ticket.   You have a Druid and Chanter, that's some serious regen too. I MindWrack constantly with my Necro in DoN. This makes non-stop nuking possible.   The pets (if you would go Necro and Mage) will push a lot, but are a constant source of steady DPS and are very nice in interrupting casters too(Drakes in DoN). The push is humongous though, so I learned to us it in my advantage (if possible). Not sure if their extra DPS off sets their pushing. Give that some good thought.

Some points:
I would go Wizard/Mage for CoH and solid DPS, if you can learn to put mob between you and Warrior.
I would go 2x Wizards for sheer DPS if you truly do not want to  bother with positioning and can live without CoH.
I would not take the Summon Corpse of the Necro into consideration, with Corpse Summoners and all. I have no clue how viable FD pull with a necro is, but I am thinking she must have some ok gear (hp) to let that work.
I *never* use the focus-stuff from my mage. Too much hassle, better have some nice gear in those slots and just buy some good focus-items/augments.
I do summon pet-toys, but I have 3 pets that use them. Even if you go for two pet-classes (Necro/Mage) the added DPS is good but not extreme.
Since you have a Druid, you will have zero problems keeping even Seduction of Saryrn on your Necro without loosing a single HP, especially if you go Iksar Necro.  My Necro has it on always and I never use any of her lifetap lines: she Nukes (yup), throws a Pyre on every mob at the start, Mindwracks and sends the pet, and she is a wonderfull DPS machine that never runs out. With that new nuke, Acikin, and the fact that she never runs out of mana, her nuking is pretty damn good. :)

I would go the easy way and just add easy DPS with two wizards. I mean, you got the Trinity, and two healers, what you need is DPS, not pets pushing your mob every which way, or focus items, or pet toys or summon corpse. CoH is still nice though........... Off course getting two of the same class is a bit....boring. :D So Mage/Wizard for the win!
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.