Main Menu

Wizards

Started by Bloodgod, August 11, 2004, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

hehe i've had some wizards I know do just that for awhile.  Used to always see some not take hold messages on SD MGBs and what not.  Most wizards once you talk to them and if they actually know what the spell does though start going with SD hehe.

Raxtom

Draught of Ro at 62 is when wizards really start to shine, that's the same lvl you can get Harvest of Druzzil which is the best 2aa's you can spend as a wizard.  Every lvl after that you'll get a nice big banger too.  Just be happy you won't have to quad your way through those grind lvl's like most wizards.  those mid to upper 50s are the worst, lures while a great idea aren;t all that usefull in todays eq imo...

Araden

Yah a major issue is using mana inffefficient ice comet over more efficient spells.  lvl 51 draught of fire is about 10% more efficient not to mention the quick cast time means you don't have as much missed med time.  and that frozen harpoon spell.. I wasn't ware of it (wizzie alt only 31 heh)  but dang I'm gonna have to look that one up and get it for me wizzie when he gets a bit higher.  That's uber on the efficiency.. about 40% more efficient than ice comet and a bunch more efficient than any of the other direct damage spells (at those mid lvls).

Also consider on any group you don't have a mezzer using rains if you can get away with it those are good damage for mana efficiency

P.S.  Also make sure you get focus items, mana pres and ID3 should be top priority.