Main Menu

3 Boxing (Bl DRU MAG) - How to pull LDON?

Started by Utqnia, August 27, 2004, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danaconda

Thanks Hereki, that's very useful information.  :twisted:

Now I can have my cleric heal my beastlord pet and not lose faction in Neriak or Felwithe. He's a dark elf, but for some reason they aren't KOS to the high elves? Now maybe I can do some nice Felwithe guard hunting and make some nice cash since my bank account is very low lately.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Taiglin

Actually it used to be the case years and years ago that if you healed someone any faction hits were passed to you upon death of the target. Might want to check that though as much has changed.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Hereki

I am guessing that you will take faction hits.  Will try to confirm that later.

Hereki

Confirmed - that if all you do is heal/buff a summoned pet, you will not take any faction hits for their kills.

pongu

Woot Hail and well met fellow Boxers.

I three box LDoN's regularly with all my toons.

My alll time favorite setup is lvl 57 epic'd Beastlord, lvl 54 Cleric, and lvl 53 chanter.

I do collects and not masacres, just have always worked well for me.

Yes, I step it up a notch and do hard adventures as well, and typically walk out with time to spare and Cleric, Chanter, and Beastlord seldom if ever get below half mana.

Not uber gear, no where near planar flagged, but this team rocks.

neko

I have the same setup, only they are all in their low 20s :)

Anyway, the pet pulling thing did not work very well.  I tried with a green fire pet, but everyone in the room always came?  I did not heal, or cast anything, and the pet did not die... /shrug  maybe i need some levels :)

I don't really want to change the setup, I always thought my main bst should have a druid friend or a mage friend.

gumlaak

Quote from: nekoI have the same setup, only they are all in their low 20s :)

Anyway, the pet pulling thing did not work very well.  I tried with a green fire pet, but everyone in the room always came?  I did not heal, or cast anything, and the pet did not die... /shrug  maybe i need some levels :)

I don't really want to change the setup, I always thought my main bst should have a druid friend or a mage friend.

This is hearsay, but i believe the pet has to green to the mob not to you, so if you're in your 20s and the mobs are blue then they are 1 to a few levels lower than you so a pet that is green to you might still be blue to some of them... I am not sure if you would be able to do it, but try an even lower level pet spell... also in my 20s I just pulled the room....  probably depends on group make up though as to whether that would be a good idea or not.  

Most small group LDONS time are of the essence... there are lost of techniques that can be used to pull single, but you don't want to give up a lot of time or DPS to do it... I would guess concentrating on 2 or 3 pulls and just assisting well and mowing through might be better than casting an 8 level down pet with no suspend(up till about 40 I would say)... again these guys with actual experience could help you more, but that is my supposition.

-Gumlaak

neko

ya, that was my first thought... just mow the rooms down, but each room i went to had about 6+ mobs in it, my poor little druid just could not keep up.  that is when i tried to do the pet thing.... I think i did well, 5 deaths and only 5 short of my collection goal. :)

I can't count how many ldons i did with my 65bst, and i don't remember the rooms being so full, well i was never the puller, so.... maybe they were.

I had fun, and thats what is really all about.

gumlaak

Quote from: nekoya, that was my first thought... just mow the rooms down, but each room i went to had about 6+ mobs in it, my poor little druid just could not keep up.  that is when i tried to do the pet thing.... I think i did well, 5 deaths and only 5 short of my collection goal. :)

I can't count how many ldons i did with my 65bst, and i don't remember the rooms being so full, well i was never the puller, so.... maybe they were.

I had fun, and thats what is really all about.

Not to hijack, but while your toons are low you might want to consider a cleric.  No reliable/easy snare, but if that is a huge concern a cleric/nec/beast would be nice.  For what it's worth I think a druid is an awesome dual box helper, cause you are likely to be outside, but if you go to triple it is probably to take on tougher more indoor type settings, and to me the cleric just far outshines the druid in that situation...

just my opinion of course, and I haven't played either past 49 so take it for what it's worth :)

BTW just for perspective, I have the cleric/wiz(now mage)/beasty and I have failed 4 out of 38 adventures with them.  and 3 of those 4 had multiple enchanter mobs... stupid low magic resists.  Paci pulling especially mobs under 40 is pertty uber, plus the mana costs are relatively low...