Main Menu

Drop rate in The Grey.

Started by Keelo Graeham, February 15, 2004, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelo Graeham

Hey fellow Beastlords, I spent about 3 hours in The Grey today killing the trapped rock beasts and the named mobs, and no perfect acrylia ore. Has anyone noticed just how rare it is or did I just have a string of bad luck?

I did get 51 out of the deal though, so yay there ^_^
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Pandir

Took me about an hour for mine to drop.

Lizsolo

Hate to say it, I think I was there about 15 minutes - tops.   :roll:

Hang in there!
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Kattan

I spent about 3 hours until one droped - Lots of other vendor stuff droped too so at least you make some plat.
Kattan - 65 Feral Lord of E'ci

Skanda

I got mine while farming VT shards. Think it took about an hour or two overall but I wasn't exactly pulling rock monsters all the time.

Keelo Graeham

I got my VT shard out of it too, 2 dropped actually so happy guildie too, heh. Guess I just had a string of bad luck then, ah well. Guess I'll camp it more tomorrow.

Dakat

About 4 hours total killing time I guess.

I never seen any drop off of a regular spawned mob. Have to spawn a trapped mob.  I got mine and a few for friends just out front of SD zone. There is a big rock (single) out of the cave entrance and to right. Trap spawned there about every 15 min.  I wouldn't wait for the trap though, go run around on top of the rocks and spawn traps yourself.  GL

Vahaus Warder

30 minutes maybe here for me.

sarkoril

Took about 10 hours for mine and I was killing everything that moved and/or spawned.
Sarkoril Snakehead
65 Iksar Beastlord
Tarew Marr
------------------------
Give me enough medals and I'll win any war.
Napolean Bonaparte

Keelo Graeham

Yeah, I've been spawning the trapped mobs, and killing all of them. Still no ore, but hey, it's called Everquest for  a reason, eh?

Logato

Is there a list of locations or a map of where the traps are for the stoneguys?

tanik

Took me about 2 and a half hours to get this annoying drop. Went in with 4 of my guildies and I just ran around and popped trap after trap brining them back to the camp.
This happened to be the only place through the entire epic adventure that one of the people that was helping me died.  So yeah this has to be the most part of the epic.
-Tanik
Tanik
65 Beastlord

Silent Sanctuary
Rodcet Nife

Zekr

Logato,
The spawn traps are not stationary.  They are the moving bright spots on the ground.  

I zoned in from Mons Letalis, turned right following the south wall to the east and camped in that corner of zone.  Then pulled to the corner as I found the moving spawn points.

Hope this helps.
Zekr  71 Beastlord on Ayonae Ro

Lithale

If you are levitating, you can slightly see the traps moving around on the groud in front of you.  Need to be some what up in the air though.

Rokaab

It took me a long time to get the ore to drop, had a couple of 4 hours sessions, and then I did a humungous 9 hour stint (I was off work feeling really ill at the time - only a few minor 5 minute breaks), and just before I was about to give up it finally dropped, I then vowed to never ever go back to the grey. I was pulling to just to the left of the scarlet desert ent, theres quite a few static traps round about there.
This wa a while ago though (ie. middle of last year I think), so the drop rate may have changed.
Rokaab
Level 65 Feral Lord
Cazic-Thule Server