Main Menu

Drop rate in The Grey.

Started by Keelo Graeham, February 15, 2004, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelo Graeham

Well, I finally got my ore, now it's on to the Maiden's Eye. I really hope the gems drop more often than the ore does.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Kinash

I just spent all day Sunday trying for the Perfect Ore and got it after using up my 11th and final Fish Scale for EB. Got my Shard also, so it was worth the trek! It took forever. I have to keep triggering the same too traps over and over.  The traps were stationary. Both were next to the SD entrance. I did see the moving things you folks spoke of, but those are the worms moving underground, not the Rock Traps. I was successful with the spawns just to the right when you enter the zone. There are two boulders, the Left-hand side is larger than the right. Run up to it and the Rock Critters will spawn. I got Shimmering Ones, Boulderling, regular ones and named to spawn there. It was a long arduous task! But it is done now!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Kordeen

WOW! Got mine in 15 minutes, or maybe 30... No more then 30 though. Myself and my 59 beasty bud went to the north / east along wall near the SD(?) zone. Stop on the right side of tunnel, about 200' or so. Hard to measure distance IG, but you get the idea. We summoned wards and put them on "guard". They will point to the rocks that the Traps are spawning in. The wards will point this way, then that, all you have to do is run ON TOP of the rock your ward is pointing too... POP... out runs your mob... The last of the pulls were three "lil" suckers. Cant remember what they were called but one had my block on it. It took longer to summon and buff our wards then it did to get this drop.  WOOT!! All drops completed now.

Good luck and hope this helps!!

Sslair

Wow, guess I got pretty lucky then. A mage friend of mine (65, with epic) was pushing me to get it done. Took us about 1/2 an hour to an hour tops. Sounds like it's a pretty random drop.

Mindlet

I went back to the grey a few days ago. This time unless it was a stone beast on the trap I just let it despawn. I think it was the 3rd beast that dropped one for me. But it was quite while getting beasts though stupid little boulderling are really annoying and they seemed to spawn lots more than stone beasts. The place I got it was the first corner on the left coming from SD though I would assume it doesn't matter where you do it.

Ryion

It took about 2 hours of hunting to get the 3 we needed.  We pretty much only pulled the Mobs that came from the traps and didn't bother with the ones already spawned, unless they were in our way of pulling what we needed.

swamprat

Got one out side the SD zone in about 20 mins last night. Traps had a habbit of not popping stone beasts for a while. got a few worms and a batch of the bouldrings which got stuck in the rocks so we had no clue where they were. (Until one summoned me..)

When we did get stone beasts we got two at a time. Second set dropped an ore.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Finamdar WS

I got mine in one day, about a 2.5 hour session there at level 52. :-D
Lord Finamdar Tundrawolf
Feral Lord
Lanys T`Vyl