Main Menu

Scouts Frustration

Started by Muss, February 17, 2004, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muss

I have been trying to catch the scouts for a while now.  I camp mules at each one and log them in/out to check and they are NEVER up.  Are we sure the time is 24-72 hours?  I have only found one scout (Ferrott) since I started this weeks ago.  Any ideas?

Muss
Cazic Thule

Riveni

Two things that I can think of:  1) you aren't looking in the right places; OR 2) someone else is getting to them before you do.  The first depends on how familiar you are with their spawn locations.  And the second, you can't do much about except get there faster.  Otherwise, patience is the watchword.  Good Luck!
Elder Riveni Chakravanti
Vah Shir Feral Beastmistress
Member of Lodestar, Zebuxorux

Mindlet

I expect someone is getting to them before you. I have been scouting myself for a few weeks. Managed to catch 3 up but only got the 2nd and 3rd last night. Just keep checking eventually you will get them.

Rakr

I am on Cazic myself and completed my epic a few weeks ago.  I was able to get 4 of the scouts one night and then the last 4 took me two weeks.  In my experience it was about a 24 hour respawn.  On the TD scout I was lucky enough to get to him just before another BST got there.  Hell, I had to leave work to get one of them on my lunch hour when a friend emailed me that the LFay scout was up.  Keep checking back periodically so you can jump on him as soon as he pops.
Rakr Xine

Guard well your fury lest the beast consume you.

Nusa

It's been a while, but I remember 36 hours after a patch being the right time to find scouts. We just had an emergency patch, so check 36 hours from now.

Muss

Well, I have 5 of 6 now, I just can't catch the one up in Lesser Fay.  I just keep echkin daily and hopefully one of these days Iw ill get lucky.

Muss
Cazic Thule

Skanda

Beastlords on my server must be lazy. The scouts always seem to be up for a few days at a time before someone finally does a turn in.

Pandir

I detest these stupid scouts I swear someone goes around and kills them.

Apawsia

I found the scouts to be a few hours over 24 and below 36. I got to Swamp, EJ, TD right later than some other BST but found the scout pop the next day in around 28-30 hours after kill.

As for the FG scout, I can't say since I just started camping it. Anyone knows?

tanik

Quote from: PandirI detest these stupid scouts I swear someone goes around and kills them.

Only too true, when I finally was able to find the lfay scout up, I ran to pok to get group together, zoned back in with group and found a damn ranger trying to kill the scout.  Luckily the scout has tons of hp's and the ranger wasn't that good and we were able to convince him to zone out, but at that time the scout was down under 20 percent health. Would have been close.

For the lfay one these days, just ask guildies to run by the spawn point as they head out of an MMC adventure, adds an extra min or two but most people will be willing to do this every once in a while.  I know I do it all the time and send tells to beastlords on my server when I do see it up.

-Tanik
Tanik
65 Beastlord

Silent Sanctuary
Rodcet Nife

Kordeen

A good friend of mine is done with everything, minus the last scout. He has his Ranger parked there and has yet to capture it on track. He was luckier then anyone I know with his pursuit; was able to solo his Grey items in less then an hour, got both gems of the void in an hour with our group, 3 scouts in one evening, and two two days later, popped into TD and as someone was /shouting the funugs was rotting on a corspe. Dude has blown through his Epic. Last fight and hes done.

The soucts are always where they are supposed to be and are always up it seems. I have looked myself. He is having problems with the last one though... Maybe someone is wiping them out.... Good luck to you...

Dakat

Timing and location

If you are getting online at the same time every day for only an hour or 2, then you probably will never get them.  You should try and alter the time when you get on. Always check the spawn soon as you initially log on for the day. If there is a break between groups or similar, check then, and check just before you log off for the night.

Be sure that you are at the right location where the scout is suppose to spawn.  Using the /LOC function really helps, just don't get your numbers crossed or mixed up. I had a friend wait an entire week for one to spawn. I was in the zone one day and saw his scout up. I asked him where was he. He was at the spawn point (that he thought). Apparently he got his lat / lon coord mixed up and had been at the wrong spawn for an entire week.

When I decided to do my epic, it took 5 days from the beginning to the final turn in. Doing everything for the first time.

Muss

Well, last night I finaly got my Lfay scout and the wolf died.  We then went to TD to check on the scout there and he was up so we gathered a couple more folks and did the TD images.  Then off to the grey and bam, got my block, so a few turn ins now and I will be ready fro Fungus, woot!

Muss
Cazic Thule

Dakat

Dorrogtr T`A

Quote from: MussI have been trying to catch the scouts for a while now.  I camp mules at each one and log them in/out to check and they are NEVER up.  Are we sure the time is 24-72 hours?  I have only found one scout (Ferrott) since I started this weeks ago.  Any ideas?

Muss
Cazic Thule

The spawn time on the Scouts that give out Totems were changed a LONG time ago, over 8 months ago I believe. They now spawn every 24 hours after they despawn, hope this helps, to anyone having trouble finding a scout up.  :)