Main Menu

Min lvl to start Epic

Started by RabidMonkey, February 18, 2004, 01:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidMonkey

How early can you start the epic?.....can u trigger the general in Grim forest b4 you can trigger the text of the quest starter?....sry if thiz is allready somewhere on site, have'nt got time atm to look for it....i ask because in recent patch they said they have changed the epics to proc for 46+ beasties.

Lok.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Nusa

Technically, level 1, if you're capable of literal babysitting. It's one of the easiest epics to obtain. Only the very first skippable step has a level restriction on it. so far as I know.

The new restriction will only affect the mainhand slow proc -- the offhand is a worn effect. But I suppose it makes early twinking of the epic a lot less desirable, since the 55% slow is the only thing you can't obtain with regular twink equipment.

Purrgatory

I hailed Historian Sharar at level 48 and she told me to go farm fire beetles until I grow up. I tried again at level 51 and the quest went normal.

Mindlet

There is no need to talk to the historian.

Apawsia

I kept on talking to Historian Sharar ever since lvl 30 and she kept insulting me up till now, lvl 48. Someone suggested people can skip her and start the CMoW without her so I started my epic at 43. Now only last fight from FG and epic's done.

testarossa

Don't know if the final battle is simply broken or not, but I know of a 28 bst on DRol that tried for the FG battle, the scout simply handed back the medal with the "I don't need this item" bit, and when hailed said she'd been instructed to only speak to people who had the medal. Wondering if there is now a level restriction for the final battle that SOE just isn't mentioning, or if the scout's bugged.

And I know, 28 is very low to have the epic - she has a bored rich 65 bst uncle.

Finamdar WS

Lord Finamdar Tundrawolf
Feral Lord
Lanys T`Vyl

Nusa

Sure your 28 friend handed in the right medal? It's not the same one you hand any of the other scouts.

Apawsia

FG scount went accroding like script without problem for me a couple days ago on Xegony.

Dakat

If I remember correctly,

Someone, anyone 51+ has to talk to the historian. They will get a book to give to Drummel.  Once the book is given, the next person only needs to turn in the CMoW. The person will then get the box to collect the 6 scout totems in.  Then you can do the rest like anyone else.

For the final fight, I do beleave you have to have the 2 claws that Drummel gave you along with the Seal, not the coin. At this point in the quest, I think you have 2 coin looking things. One says Official Seal of the Khati Sha, this is used to turn in to the 6 scouts for your totems. The other has a similar name.  With your claws from Drummel and the other seal, head to FG and turn in the Seal and Draz will spawn.

Nusa

You don't ever have to talk to the historian or take his book to Dumal -- no tricks required, it's simply a useless step if you already know what to do. You can begin with the CMoW and it will work.

As for the final fight, read the spoiler http://www.beastlords.org/epic-index.php, it really does tell you everything you need to know.

testarossa

Yes, that 28 bst handed in the proper medal - and just to be sure, handed in the other one as well, and did not get the text for the final fight - everything is done up to the final fight, so the epic is apparently on hold until the levels come.

I don't mind them level-restricting the final fight - I just think they ought to put such info in the patch messages - kinda inconvenient to get a bunch of folks together and then not be able to do the fight.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: NusaTechnically, level 1, if you're capable of literal babysitting. It's one of the easiest epics to obtain.

Definitely wieldable at level 1, and possible to do.

testarossa

So any ideas on why the scout in FG would not talk to the 28 bst, who handed in the proper medal and has everything done up to this point?

Saranya

Only thing I can think of is if the 28 beastlord had turned in the Seal from Dumal to the scout earlier (receiving what looks like the same seal back, but it is really a little different) and did not complete the fight at that time.

If he/she then went back later and turned in what he/she thought was Dumal's Seal, it would not work.  The 28 beastlord must destroy the seal and go back to Dumal and ask for another seal.

That's is the only thing that comes to my mind at this time.  It may not have been what actually happened.   Worth getting a new seal just to try anyway.
Elder Saranya - 66 Beastlady - Luclin Server (on sabbatical)