Main Menu

Problem with epic Scout mobs.

Started by Keelo Graeham, March 20, 2004, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelo Graeham

How is it that such a vital spawn in the Beastlord epic is on a timer? How is it that said spawn will DEspawn if the spirit is not killed and despawns itself? How is it that there is a 6? day timer on them?

Today, I was in Swamp of No Hope, gathering my guildies up to take on the Spirit of Sorrow when a group of Endless Misery people zoned in, turned in the seal right behind me and killed the spirit. After having been told that they'd wait to see if I died, I was understandably VERY upset.

Moving on from there, I took my group to Permafrost for Scout Janomin. He was up, and I was alone in the zone. As I zoned in, I got the message "A creature growls from deep within it's lair." I knew the Icebound Spirit was up, but couldn't do anything about it as a group was getting rezzed and heading back in. The ranger in my group said that the spirit was not up on track, and the group getting rezzed xloc'd out. I thought I could turn my seal in and respawn the mob....nope. "I have no use for this item Keelo. You may have it back." *POOF*

Personally, I think the Scouts need to be on a triggered spawn, similar to Ragefire for the cleric epic. After the weeks I spent camping the items to turn in after the TD fight and spending countless weeks searching for the scouts, I'm about to give up on my epic.

I sent some /feedback today saying this exact thing. I'd ask that any beastlord do the same.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Rhaynne

The Beastlord epic is the easiest epic in the game... by a considerable margin.

There really isn't anything to complain about.

Keelo Graeham

This isn't a complaint, it's an observation. By making the scout spawns triggered, it evens the field for ALL beastlords, not just the ones who are either a level 1 twink alt or a 65 who just wants the epic for fun.

Noriko

So let me get this straight, you are unhappy because it didn't go your way?  Get over it.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Artan Stovokor

Gotta love the positive supportive attitudes so many here have.

What happened to you sucks big time and I hope the rest of your epic goes much more smooth.

Keelo Graeham

Wow, no kidding. Guess I'll just head out and not ask for advice or support here anymore.

What a joke.

Llorath

If our epic was actually, you know, hard to get or something i think you would see a lot more sympathy.

While missing out on the scouts is regretable, our epic is by far the easiest in the game, and the item ( at least the off hand one ) can be used FAR into level 65 if your not in a raiding guild.

The ENTIRE EPIC can be soloed by a person from the class that can use it ( ie a 65 BL has soloed the entire epic before ).  Granted it was an uberguild beastlord, but , at  higher levels you dont even need a full group to do any single portion of our epic.

Just keep after it, you will get it eventually.  The problem is, there is very little to complain about on our epic... its kinda like a rich person complaining about taxes or something.  Other rich people might commiserate, but for the most part people just go " be glad you have the money to have to deal with that problem ".

In our case " be glad you can even THINK about getting your epic at 52, because some classes simply cant (mage, warrior) unless they are twinks of uberguild people. "

The Kittenpeeler

I feel for him, actually.

The leets pulled crap on him the first time, bad luck hit him the second time.

The problem is the annoying bottleneck of the scouts, really.  Yeah, we don't have a lot to complain about, but when you can be cockblocked by a guild twinking a level 1 Bazaar mule, or a single 65 who just wants to look uber in the beastlord channel, ya get annoyed.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Tastian

"Wow, no kidding. Guess I'll just head out and not ask for advice or support here anymore. "

No offense, but if you do you'd be the one missing out.  Not everyone will agree with you all the time and this is one of those cases.  The beastlord epic is crazy easy.  Even non-ele geared bsts have solo'd it.  Unlike most epics the big "issues" with it come from the spawn timer on the scouts.  There's no 7th island in sky, there's no crazy rare hate drops, no uber mobs that take 2+ groups, etc.  Scouts are on a 72(ish) hour spawntime as I recall, not 6 days.  There has to be some flow control on rate of bst epics being completed.  I personally did the "farming" to help my sis out in less than 4 hours total.  I've seen numerous fungus paddings drop and just be rotting in the zone.  Gems of void can be all over if people are exp'n in the zone or shard camping.  I'd say copper medal of war has been the longest "camp" for most bst I know that have done the epic.  That's a "camp" you can do in your 40's solo hehe.  

I'll admitt the quest can be annoying in spots, but look at the trade-off.  Easiest epic quest, offhand is still used by some time beastlords.  *if* the epic quest were "tuned" at all it'd be made harder.  If the spawns could just be triggered whenever you'd see mobs that took a group or more imo.  I think the large number of people you keep running into when going for scouts just shows how easy the epic is.  Sorry ya got jumped in front of and I'm sorry the other was wasted (just imagine how the beastlord that actually lost the fight felt after having found him up and gathering a force to help him).  Complaining about it here though is bording on silly imo, I'm sorry.  I'm certain you'll have it done in no time though.  8)

Skog

All in all I bet you would prefer the scouts to other epics. Try 7th isel, try insanely rare drops, try the old Ragefire camp (was changed because of the KSing troubles and such, not for difficulty) try leading an entire raid force to a plane to clear to the mob only to have him not drop it.

Oh, and as far as other guilds "cockblocking" you,  :lol:  try some of the other epics where a guild would mobilize faster and run past a raid force sitting outside the fear portal buffing, and grab the WoS, BG, etc, or watch the 10 guild clusterhump when Ragefire spawns, or any of the various epic camps, and you will realize just how easy the Beastlord epic is. Easy with a capital E.

Dakat

QuoteHow is it that such a vital spawn in the Beastlord epic is on a timer? How is it that said spawn will DEspawn if the spirit is not killed and despawns itself? How is it that there is a 6? day timer on them?

Today, I was in Swamp of No Hope, gathering my guildies up to take on the Spirit of Sorrow when a group of Endless Misery people zoned in, turned in the seal right behind me and killed the spirit. After having been told that they'd wait to see if I died, I was understandably VERY upset.

Moving on from there, I took my group to Permafrost for Scout Janomin. He was up, and I was alone in the zone. As I zoned in, I got the message "A creature growls from deep within it's lair." I knew the Icebound Spirit was up, but couldn't do anything about it as a group was getting rezzed and heading back in. The ranger in my group said that the spirit was not up on track, and the group getting rezzed xloc'd out. I thought I could turn my seal in and respawn the mob....nope. "I have no use for this item Keelo. You may have it back." *POOF*

Personally, I think the Scouts need to be on a triggered spawn, similar to Ragefire for the cleric epic. After the weeks I spent camping the items to turn in after the TD fight and spending countless weeks searching for the scouts, I'm about to give up on my epic.

I sent some /feedback today saying this exact thing. I'd ask that any beastlord do the same.

How is it that such a vital spawn in the Beastlord epic is on a timer? Because, if it spawned every time after you get the Spirit, then you would have every beastlord in the game carrying the epic.

How is it that said spawn will DEspawn if the spirit is not killed and despawns itself?
On the initial turn in of your seal to the Scout, this will make the Spirit spawn.  Once Spirit spawns, you have 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours? before the spirit will despawn. When the Spirit despawns so does the Scout.  If you killed the Spirit and turned in your totem to the Scout, the Scout despawns.

How is it that there is a 6?
Thats just a number that the game creators came up with. It could have been 4, 5 or even 8. They chose 6.

day timer on them?
Yes there is a timer on the Scouts.  If you turn in your totem after killing the Spirit, the Scout will despawn.  The Scout will not respawn for another 24 hours minimum and 72 hours maximum.  Why, the same reason that I mentioned before, every beastlord in the game would have one.  

If you look around, just about every beastlord out there has one. Why, because its the easiest epic out there to complete.  Everything can be done solo.  No other classes epic can be soloed.  An Epic Weapon is suppose to be the "ONE" uber item for your class, and shouldn't be easily attained. However it is.

Today, I was in Swamp of No Hope...
Yes that does really suck.  However, no mob is reserved for one person. If you are there first, it does not matter. What matters is the first person to engage mob/quest.  Again, it does suck that it happened to you, just be prepared. If you are in a guild, let them know that a Scout might be up at any time and that they need to be ready to respond quickly to help you get it.  You don't even need a guild to kill the Spirits, 1 fellow 65 beastlord could kill it with you, if you asked.

"Moving on from there, I took my group to Permafrost for Scout Janomin. He was up, and I was alone in the zone. As I zoned in, I got the message "A creature growls from deep within it's lair." I knew the Icebound Spirit was up, but couldn't do anything about it as a group was getting rezzed and heading back in. The ranger in my group said that the spirit was not up on track, and the group getting rezzed xloc'd out. I thought I could turn my seal in and respawn the mob....nope. "I have no use for this item Keelo. You may have it back." *POOF*"

Well this is easy to explain. Looks like someone has already turned in their seal to the Scout and the Spirit has already spawned.  If you do not kill the Bear after the seal was turned in after a short period, the Spirit and the Scout will despawn. You will have to wait for the Scout to respawn.  If the other group ported out, you could have gotten a group together and killed the Spirit yourself.  Why didnt you?

Enough said, maybe this thread should be in RANTS/FLAMES since you feel bad about what happened.

Keelo Graeham

QuoteWell this is easy to explain. Looks like someone has already turned in their seal to the Scout and the Spirit has already spawned. If you do not kill the Bear after the seal was turned in after a short period, the Spirit and the Scout will despawn. You will have to wait for the Scout to respawn. If the other group ported out, you could have gotten a group together and killed the Spirit yourself. Why didnt you?

I did have a group there, hence me trying to turn the seal in. Once the spirit has been spawned you can't spawn another one.

Move it to wherever you all want, I couldn't care less anymore. It's plain to see that this is going to be taken as a whine rather than a suggestion. I also couldn't care less how easy you think the epic quest is, it's not easy for me. I'm done.

Chasom

QuoteI did have a group there, hence me trying to turn the seal in. Once the spirit has been spawned you can't spawn another one.
But you could have killed the spirit that was spawned and gotten the totem from it.  It doesn't matter who spawns the spirit as long as you loot the totem.  As someone said, our epic is exceedingly easy and its not like once you do trigger the spirt that the totem is a rare drop from it.  There are no DTing mobs to fight.  There is no need to kill hundreds of ashenbone drakes in PoH hoping for a drop.  Yes, finding the scouts up can be a pain but they are the only thing that really limits people in getting the epic.

Tastian

"I also couldn't care less how easy you think the epic quest is, it's not easy for me. I'm done."

That about sums it up.  If you can't see how complaining about the easiest epic and one of the most useful epics just because you had a couple bad run ins and didn't get it right away at 52 is being seen as a whine then there's nothing for ya.  Almost everyone on these boards listens to ideas/suggestions/bugs/parses/etc, but you are here whining about actually encountering MINOR difficulty on a very easy quest with an amazing reward.  Sorry, but it's not about just you, or just your experience.  Sorry it didn't go so well, keep at it or give up, it's really really not that hard lol.

Undreadll

What a goddamn crybaby.

A person I know of got 5 images in TD and had only the pet spawn on his final fight turn in. He had to wait 2 weeks for a GM to resolve the TD issue, and the next time the final scout was up it was taken from him after attempting to hold it for 6 hours trying to get people to help with the fight.

That's a person having a hard time with this easy ass epic quest IMO, not you.
VenerableAuzzyy Huunnta - 65 Troll Bestialord - Lanys T'vyl
Lich Undreadll N'Humatus - 65 Dark Elf Warlich - Lanys T'vyl