Main Menu

The Epic, know your part if you want help

Started by Dakat, March 25, 2004, 09:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

This is more of a rant than any guide. However, I suggest you read everything you can about your epic before starting. Having a printed copy next to you with mob locations item locations is a good thing.

I got a tell from a 63 beastlord. Asking me how easy is the epic to obtain.  I said it's real easy actually.  I said that him and I could solo the entire thing if we tried.  

So he asks me for help. I wasn't doing anything at the time and said sure.  From that moment on I should have went LD.  The guy had no clue whatsoever about anything concerning the epic.  The first thing that clued me in was he didn't know where to go to start it. Who to see or talk to, what to collect for turn ins. Nothing at all.

Well, I was nice. I took him over to Shar Vahl and got him to speak to the librarian and get his book. I took him to Dumul and he turned in the book. He asked me "what now".  I told him you have to hail Dumul for some text, follow the text and he will tell you about the "Copper Medal of war". After many attempts he finally got text. So I got my druid ported over to Grimling Forest.

I ran over and talked to Capt Nusan and he had camp 9 ready to kill.  We buff up get pets and follow the Capt to camp 9. We follow his text and grimlings pop with the traitor you protect. We kill everything and a named spawned. Kill it and boom he got his medal. Rather easy about 10 min total time in the zone.  We port to POK and take book to Shar Vahl, he turns in his medal and gets the container and the seal.

He didn't know what to do next. I had to go so I said send me a tell tomorrow and we see what we can do.

The next day he sends me a tell.  Saying he had been camping the pit in Permafrost for hours and the bear hadn't spawned yet. Someone told him that you had to kill a big white bear in Permafrost, but that was the extent of his knowledge concerning it.

I ran over and met him at the entrance of Permafrost.  Luckily the scout was hidden in the corner behind the rock near the entrance.  I asked him if he had the container and the seal. "No, it's in the bank" he said.  I said go get it out and come back fast as you can.

He leaves to get the container and seal. Meanwhile, I get pet up and buffed. I clear all the way to the first drop down, near the door where the giants are. I kill the area and wait until he returns. He comes back and I told him to get his pet up, turn in the seal and come to where I am.

He does that, and I sit on the wall very close to the door that opens where the giants are. I get hit by the big bear. Which is cool, thats what I wanted anyways.  Staying here and sitting down will automatically pull the bear to you. The bear has a zone wide agro radius. You pick a spot, do the turn in and sit down, bear will come right to you.  I even did it once sitting at the zone in/out.

After a good 2 minutes of fighting solo he finally catches up with me and we proceed to kill the bear. TIP: The Spirit "Bear" is pure melee. I didn't see any casting from him at all. Maybe lucky but not real sure. When the bear gets low life, about 15% or so, he will start fleeing. While he was walking away, I got a fabled guy that spawned on top of me. Luckily it was nothing like LGuk or SolB fabled mobs, he wasn't a problem. The big bear dies and he comes over and helps me. The fabled gets killed and I went to check to see what it dropped.  When I did, I got message "someone else is already looting this corpse". I was like, what are you doing, go loot the totem off the spirit that spawned when the bear died. He said oh, I didn't know.

He looted the totem and asked "Now what?"  I said go give the totem to the scout at the entrance. He does and the scout despawns, as known.

I said to him, now thats the first one. You have 6 to do, 5 more to go. Being that I had my druid with us, level 53, I ported us to the know locations. Lesser Faydark, Wolf procs a blind. He was up. We killed him. Ported to EJ, evaced to zone safe spot, scout not up.  Ported to Stonebrunt, ran across to top right of zone. Scout up, We spawn the Wisp and kill it. It procs a debuff, 2 spells at a time. Put junk buffs up first then your good buffs.

In less that 2 hours I would say of total in game play time. We managed to get his medal and kill 3 spirits.  Thats about 40% of his epic complete just that easily.

I gave him a port and told him to look up on the internet what he needs to do for his epic.  I helped him and would help him again if I know he knows what to do. Otherwise I am not going to assist him any more. Afterall, its your epic, you should know your part.

PS. The next day he kept sending me tells begging for help. I put him on ignore sort of. Scouts were not up and he didn't know anything more then the day before.

DiosT

heh i know how you feel :-/

I love to help people.. who seem like they have some motivation to do it on their own even if they cant get help....

I guess you could say I like to people that help themselves, otherwise i feel it's a waste of my time to help someone get something they cant appriciate...

Noriko

I agree.  I only help people who spent the time researching what they need to do.  Even if I know what to do, I won't offer unless I know they knew.  Too many lazy people these days.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

celodar

I admit I'm lazy, as I haven't looked up what to camp in the Gray for epic, and epic is a quest of low priority (as in I'll worry about epic if I can't find a ldon or exp grind group), but if I'm soloing epic, and am clueless that's one thing, compared to asking/begging for others for help, then being clueless about what to do.

If I bring others on an epic raid, I basically am going to give them orders to go to xxx spot, mob spawns, kill mob xxx, and let me loot totem.  I really would look like a moron if I told everyone to go to some out of the way location, then go "drrr... what do I do now?"

PS  I keep pondering just seeing about getting 100-150 more AA, and just soloing the thing from start to finish.  Spirits will be annoying, but the parts that I wonder solo about is the TD fight and the FG fight.  My warder can easily beat up Draz's mutt, but I don't know if I would have the DPS, with the claws given to tank and tear up Draz.  Maybe, I'll cheat and bring a wizzy or two, as with a decent 60+ group, Draz's life expectancy will be a matter of seconds.  However, I want to just solo the darn thing, to make the epic quest something I consider meaningful.

TheOriginalGronker

Way too much patience.  If the BST is doing their epic and doesn't know whats going on, then let em rot.  Give em the bst.org website and tell him to take more than 1 second of time to check out the BST epic spoilers, and then put him on /ignore.

Mindlet

Friend of mine is helping me with epic. I was telling him what I had to do he said I don't care when something needs doing just get me. I totally agree the only person that needs to know about the epic is the person doing it. You should have pretended to know nothing about the epic  :D

Lowger

Have had similar experiences as well.  Unfortunately they soured me on helping other BL's so it's been strictly Guild mates since then.

/tell from random BL "Can you help me with Epic?"

/reply "Sure, what step are ya on? and where you want to meet up?"

/tell from random BL that screams "I have no damn clue and want you to do it for me!"

/ignore
Lowger Daggermaw and Bubba (he's got big gums suh!)
61 Savage Lord
Polemides
55 DruidBot
Convergence of 7th Hammer
Support the people who support gamers, not businessmen!
The Beastlord's Den
The Druid's Grove

Tastian

"I guess you could say I like to people that help themselves"

That's been my thing.  I think one of the biggest things that's been getting to me latly are the people that are literally doing almost NOTHING and expect you to do EVERYTHING.  I usually ask for 33% and I'll do the rest.  I just want someone to do/try/know half of what I'm putting into something.  For instance I recently did my sis' epic for them.  I have solo'd it before, but I was pure muscle for this.  They found spawn locations, they did turn-ins, they camped mules and bots and checked spawns.  They called me in as a quick way to avoid racing for a spawn or orgainize more people they didn't really know or trust as much.  I had no problem and to be honest I can say they did take part in their epic.

Some people latly though are just "I don't know where it spawns, what buffs I need, if I need a save" anything.  I think that's what's getting me about some of the people asking about AA or equipment too.  I understand not everyone has the time to parse or test everything, I don't mind helping for that.  I swear some people though are one step away from going "here's my login and password lemme know how it goes".

Also just to update the epic info from the original post.  The bear in perma had a cold based proc when I last fought.  Probably a few hundred max, but didn't land much.  Also the dispell from wisp was resistable when I fought.  Magic based as I recall, but it didn't land a single time.  I resisted every one and lost zero buffs the entire fight.  Again this was about a month or so ago, but don't recall it changing.

Lowger

QuoteI swear some people though are one step away from going "here's my login and password lemme know how it goes".

LMAO!!!

That sums it up perfectly!
Lowger Daggermaw and Bubba (he's got big gums suh!)
61 Savage Lord
Polemides
55 DruidBot
Convergence of 7th Hammer
Support the people who support gamers, not businessmen!
The Beastlord's Den
The Druid's Grove