Main Menu

Gems of the Void in ME

Started by Entei, March 29, 2004, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entei

Well, hiya everyone.

Looking for some help actually, was trying to find some info on a decent spot to setup camp in ME. Working on the gem drops, have everything else already. Soon found out was not able to solo the robed guys at 56. Not sure if its me and my equipment but they seem to have a ton of HP.
Any recomendations on where is a decent spot in zone to go?

thanks in advance

Ent
Entei Kilrathi
56 BEastlord  - Infernal Pact of the Accursed
EC'i

Tastian

Yeah they can rough solo.  Can actually make some ok exp on them duo though or maybe even bring a group.  I usually set up at Akheva zone and drop the 4-armed guys too.  This also has 2 shard camps.  Basically I just camp as much as I can for as many as I can well there hehe.  This can also help you get people to join you.  The more you have the more you can do.  Axe belt, gloves, nice mage item, ME shard (one of the worst in mosts opinion), gems.  I've found that pretty often if others are actually in the zone you'll see OOC's of them rotting on ground, so you might want to just pop in occasionally and see if it's busy at all.  Otherwise I've had pretty good luck setting up near Akheva like I said and just pulling what I can.  Think the longest I ever spent was ~3 hours.

Entei

Thanks Tas,

Ive been trying to just pull wanders when i can but certainly cant do it solo, i know i have an insane ranger that will help LOL just a healer and im happy, thanks for the advice..ill let u know how it goes.

ent
Entei Kilrathi
EC'i

Tastian

Good luck.  Also I personally have found when getting help for epic it can be easier to find just one or two higher level people than trying to amass lots of lower level people.  It's of course different for everyone, but I've helped a lot of people with various epic steps and quicker to organize/move with lower chance of mess ups with fewer people.  A high level dru/nec/rng/bst/shm/etc/etc/etc can clear lots in ME with ya and probably lots of the other parts to.

Mindlet

When I did it I camped in the safe valley and pulled to there. Facing akheva turn left and follow the wall. You will pass 3 scouts then come to the valley. At the far end of it there are another 3 scouts around some trees. Nothing will roam into this valley ever only stuff you pull will come.

Zeone

I have found if you have the help camping by the UP zone line is a great place. Lots of robed guys and 4 arms there.

Entei

I will try in the safe valley, in a newer guild so help there is lacking. friends from long time previous guilds usually dont play anymore during the times i can hehe...so ive been trying to solo these guys...gotta keep remembering it get kei,,

thanks for the advice guys

have a good one

ent
Entei Kilrathi
EC'i

Soullbash

Got both in about  a hour and a half last night solo.  I set up in the valley just to the left of Akheva if you are looking at it.  They skellies and wolfs are a pain so if I couldn't get a Xi single I would clear a wolf or skellie.  made about 5% of 64 during this time.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Sanon

Where is the 'safe valley'.  Ran throught the zone before but never fought there.  Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Hereki

There are two safe pull spots with no wanderers near the Akheva entrance in Maidens Eye.

Before the AR entrance (coming from Dawnshroud, so to the west) is a hill, strethcing out from the zone wall into the zone.  There is often a skeleton trap on this ridge before it flattens out.  This is the first safe pull spot, and is good for pulling from the AR entrance.

To the east of AR is a rock, then another hill; beyond the hill is a valley with a tree and a spawn of gorangas.  This valley is free from wanderers.  The careful when pulling, because a lot of stuff path up around the rock almost to the zone wall here.  It is good for pulling the gorangas from in front of AR for the lucid shard.

I prefer the west camp for pulling for the gems of the void.

houbbs

On my first Bst I setup camp just left of the UP zone. There is a valley high up on the hill and only one roamer comes through so you can time it pretty well. Lots of these guys are clerics so it can be a pain solo. I did it solo for a long time then a cleric friend and Bst friend came over to help. We chain killed everything for about an hour and got two drop back to back.