Main Menu

Could a 56 BL and 65 druid duo all encounters?

Started by Dasquid, June 19, 2004, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

Is it possible for a 56 BL and a 65 druid (Time geared with well over 400AA) partner all the encounters involved with gettting the BL epic?

Hereki

I am not entirely sure.  Reverse that and the answer is an easy yes; a 65 beastlord and 56 druid could.

At 56 you won't resist many of the various spirits procs, which will make healing and keeping aggro harder.

Alternatively, it is possible that a 65 druid could solo the spirits, but I don't think so.  I suspect that all would all be immune to snare, and they certainly all summon; in most zones there isn't any decent DC material.

Rhajah

Having just done all of the epic fights (except Draz himself in FG), I must unfortunately answer 'No' to your question.  I've been 3 boxing all epic fights using a 63 SK, 65 Cleric, and my 57 BST and I had some trouble with both the LFay spirit and the Permafrost bear.  It took 3 attempts on each one.  The problem is their DPS vs mine.  While I had plenty of healing, those two spirits in particular gave me an impressive beating (and that's with me resisting most of the procs on the LFay spirit at 185 MR).  

I would agree with the above poster that with a 65 BST, you could easily do it, but unfortunately I think you could only manage 3 out of the 6 spirits at most with that combo.  But who knows? :)  Give it a try on the Emerald Jungle or Stonebrunt spirits and see how you do.

Rhajah

Dakat

I think you should be able to, maybe.

If you bought the TOYS from a high end mage and gave em to your pet.  Have th pet do all the tanking. You and the druid play healer, dot, nuker.

Casting the druids highest ds, 40pt?, on the pet as well as all the buffs the druid can on pet, including yours.

None of the spirits can be slowed or snared. I haven't had a druid try their banish summoned line of spells to see if in fact the mobs are summoned. No matter though the druid should be able to nuke quite a bit.

Just know what procs each spirit has before going after them so you can resist buff the correct one.  I remember the Lfay spirit procs a blindness so MR would be needed.  Think the spider procs a poison.  The Wisp procs a debuff? I can't remember the others, its been a while.  I do remember the Gorilla in EJ is an undead mob and a cleric or a paladin can solo them fairly easy.

Dasquid

Well, I did 5 of the 6 today. Im a 56 BL and I had 2 65 druids for Lfay, Stonebrunt and Ferrott. For Perma and Swamp of No Hope had a 65 druid and a 65 Ranger. All 5 went down with no problem, so just need EJ then I am on to TD and the other drops.