Main Menu

Question about all the fights?

Started by Sathlir Clawsharp, July 18, 2004, 05:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sathlir Clawsharp

I have already done my collections, I lack only 2 spirits..  The Gator in Swamp and the Gorilla in EJ.  That being said from what I have heard from other BST's and read on here is that I actually have the two worst of the fights out of the way..  If I understood right.. The Wolf Spirit in LFay and the Bear in Perma should have been the 2 hardest fights..    Please correct me if I am wrong...
Venerable Sathlir Clawsharp 65 Feral Lord, Druzzil Ro

Sathlir's Equipment

Tastian

Different people will tell you different things.  Most hate the bear and the wolf, some hate the croc.  Just be prepared going in, have your resists up and none of them are all that hard.

Eatbugs

If everyone in the group is in their 60's, the croc isn't particularly difficult.  (with 150+ MR at 65, the proc will almost never land.)  Bring a bard along for resists if you want to be on the safe side, but it sounds like you're doing well so far.

The EJ fight is pretty easy.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

DiosT

only problem with the croc is if people keep trying to cast on it when they can't (I believe casters have to be out of the water, and melee must be in it)... -- could be wrong, did the fight what feels like a decade ago...

other problem is you need like, 150+ MR.. and let me tell ya, if someone is level 50 and they think they can 'get by' with 140 MR... heh...

Level plays a major role in that fight, if you're level 50ish, i recommend over 200 MR.. if you're 65th, you can probably get by with a lot less...

Tastian

Last time I did croc could actually levitate above the water and melee him too.  Made the fight a real joke.  The AE has HUGE range too, don't let any caster think they can stand near the shore and be safe.  Mostly for healers, but the AE has a good range to it, so make sure everyones MR is puffed up whether they think they need it or not.

kegulik

Well gorilla is a chump, and there is no point in repeating the excellent advice about the gator.

To tell you the scale of difficulty, I don't remember a damn thing about the gorilla, but remember other problems with other spirits.  But you're done with those, and I'm not gonna rehash what's already been said so well.

So good luck :)
Kegulik

Sathlir Clawsharp

Taking the great advice from the folks here the Gator didn't stun anyone in the group more than 2 or 3 times the entire fight.. Was easy..  Was kinda of worried on the Gorilla because our only Cleric on had to go AFK for a couple of hours after the Gator..  Just on chance the rest of my group which consisted of Mysefl 64 BST, a 65 Necro, a 61 Wizzy, and a 59 Warrior went on to EJ..  Wouldn't ya know it.. The Scout was up and waiting..  Well they knew I had been going every night for the last 2 weeks looking for these 2 scouts.. With no other choice but to either wait or go ahead.. The necro say's heck go for it..  Man, he was cake to my DPoC'ed pet and the Necro's DPoC'ed pet.. Wizzy nuked him hard we held the warrior back because of no heals..  Was the shortest and easiest Spirit fight yet..  

Now just got to find the TD Scout up...  So the question is.. Could a group of Myself 64, the 65 Necro, and a 62 Druid do the TD fight??

Sathlir's Equipment

Hereki

Checks.... tank, ok.... healer, ok.   Sure.

Clear the raptors on the beach.  Make sure that you clear the wanderer that paths through the hut.  Do your handin.  You can probably single pull without, but get the druid to harmony.  You can handle a double pull without problems.

Deathclaw

that said - it the only fight that if you stuff up - it start again - so i would go for over kill on it. also read up on what needs to be done for it, i forgot to hand bag back and had to start again....

Dakat

Just a heads up, which most probably already knew, The Gorilla is undead so a necro or a cleric can drop them really fast by themselves.

Zmabik

TD scout was pretty easy, we had 65 cleric, 65 shaman (tanked), 65 rogue (me 2boxing) and my 51 BL.

The images were really easy, I pulled the first one with rogue (before other 5 spawned) and we killed that, as the images got to 20% the shaman would pull the next one. Shaman tanked while cleric kept him alive (needed very few heals) and rogue was meleeing from the back and beastlord just sent in pet.

Images had more hp then I expected but were really easy. We only got 2 on the last pull when the shaman pulled the level 55 one and both came, was still a joke.

One thing I would watch for though is other people in the zone, when I was there waiting for people to get there another beastlord showed up. They tried to hand in the bag of glass shards because their scout depopped somehow. Luckly for me he wouldn't take them (original scout) so I did hand in with BL. After I did hand in the other beastlord asked me if they could hand in their bag of glass shards.

If they had I would have had to start over (or petition), they asked why I didn't want them to hand it in. I never got a responce when I told them that I shouldn't have to redo the 6 scouts or wait for a GM cause they were too slow killing the images.

kujoe sloberjaws

this guy CAN be hard but  every time me and my friends seem to take him out even after riding the merry-go round he proc's <nasty proc> he cast it about every 10-20sec, if u can get a high enough resist to his proc u  can walk right through him, another problem i ran into on this guy is healing the MT u want to keep your healer on land and MT is underwater, we were not able to heal the MT while he was under water, so u might want to have 2 MT so u can switch back and forth for heals AND REMEMBER if u have a ranger with u he dont get in the water have him stay on land and shot his bow and DoT teh mob, GL on the mob and i hope what i posted helps
Kujoe Sloberjaw -  Veeshan server
Officer - Deadly Fury

Sathlir Clawsharp

Well the epic is finished.. But ran into something strange in TD.. There were two yes count em 2 scouts standing there.. By body position I was able to find the correct one to hail and thus was able to do fight and turnins..

Sathlir's Equipment

Eatbugs

Quote from: Sathlir ClawsharpWell the epic is finished.. But ran into something strange in TD.. There were two yes count em 2 scouts standing there.. By body position I was able to find the correct one to hail and thus was able to do fight and turnins..

Not a new thing - the second version of the scout in TD (the one you hand the  combined bag of broken glass to) often doesn't despawn like he's supposed to.  Sometimes this keeps the first version from respawning until he's gone, sometimes the first version respawns as normal and there are two in the same spot.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal