Main Menu

Quick Epic Question

Started by Triguk, August 20, 2004, 04:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triguk

Hi there folks!  this is my first post here, and I just have a Quick Question concerning the Epic.

I am a bit low to start the epic formaly but I was wondering what Peices can I collect prior to beginning the Epic to sort of speed up the process when I actualy start it.

I know of the Copper Medal of War. But I'm not sure of any other peices.

Thanks for any help!  :D

- Triguk
Triguk - 55 Beastlord Quellious Server

Xarilok

Kill lots and lots and lots of Hill Giants.

Once you are done, take the plat you got doing this, and head to the bazaar.

Once there, type /bazaar, this will bring up a mystical window.  It has a place where you can search for lost items.  These items can be magically recoved by handing plat to creatures called "Trader".

Now, search for "Velium Inlaid Claw", there should be quite a few of them at any given time up.  Find the one that requires the least plat, and click the find button.  Follow the mystical path, and exchange the platinum for 2 of these such claws.

Next, you have to make a tough choice.  You must find an item with the effect of "haste" on it.  Any of them that have 31% or better will do, tho there are a few rare ones, which demand premium plat of course.  You will find "Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt", "Broken Drivebelt", "Cloak of Flames", "Cloak of Crystalline Waters" and "Cowl of Mortality" all to be sufficient.  The elusive Cloak of Flames or the Cowl of Mortality are the best, and you should look for those.  Repeat the "Find" that you used to locate the claws in the previous step.

You will notice that the Velium Inlaid Claws are 17 damage and 20 delay, far better than lesser claws, such as "kitten paw of the savage spirit" which is only 13 damage and a slow 22 delay.

Smile to yourself realizing that you completed your epic entirely solo!!  Not only that, but it involved killing creatures level 37 and below, and did not require any form of raid whatsoever.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Eatbugs

Erm - you'll finish the epic a lot faster than you'll save enough at low levels for 31%+ haste, 30 worn atk, and 125 worn hp, not to mention the resists. (Although you'll be replacing the main hand fairly quickly.)  The epic is still well worth the time if you're not twinking. (and Velium Inlaid Claws can't be equipped until level 60.)

As far as things to camp, the two gems of the void, (Maiden's Eye) Perfect Acrylia Ore (The Grey) and Dense Fungal Padding (The Deep) would all be worth the time beforehand - you'll need a group for those drops if you're not of a level to turn in the copper medal yet.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dakat

Xarilok

I liked the way you presented this, it was cute.

However, I don't think this will help him in the least.  Yeah, the epic could be better. The easiest one out there I might add to get.  

Getting VIC's though, maybe 1 for the primary hand would be nice. Wonder how long it would take him to collect 40k for 1. Or 80k for a pair. Then lets add a haste item above 30% for another 20 to 40k.  Hmm, thats 120k right there.

Lets take into another concideration.  He just spent 80k for 2 claws. Doh, guess what he is to low to even begin the epic quest which indicates he is below level 51.  VIC's have a required level 60.

And another concideration.  Offhanded weapon is ViC compared to offhand epic.  This guy has no aa at all. So that ViC isnt providing much dmg output compared to the epic. However the epic would provide more stats.  He would get full stats off the epic at level 46. 30+ attack and +40 haste as well.  How much money does he need to spend for epic? 0pp.

With 1 beast at 65 helping, he could solo the entire epic except for the last guy. I have seen someone from start to finish, complete the entire epic in one game day.  

I wonder how long it would take a level 49 < to make 120k ish, compared to asking someone to help him do epic.

Hell, he could pay someone 1k for them to help with the epic and get it done and still have a decent offhand weapon until he gets all the double attack, offhand aa's.

Xarilok

With 6 hours a day, for 10 days, one could collect at least 2000 spider silks.  Combine these to make swatches, and price them at ~30p each, that would yeild 30k.  As you sell them, use the money to buy every single silk you see for less than 15p and every swatch you see for less than 30p.  I averaged a return of 7k for every 4-5k I spent buying all the silks to corner the market.  Anyone undercuts you, buy all thiers, and resell them at a profit.

I could easily turn 10k a night farming silks and reselling all the competition.  Best of all, if your server has high prices, sell the silks for more, if your server is cheap, you will have to sell the silks cheaper, but your items will cost you less too, so it works out to be the same.  I realize cornering the market on items is not cool, but its only silks, which are only bought by high levels with too much plat and too much laziness to farm them, so screw 'em, corner the market, and make some money off them.

That makes for less than 2 weeks to get weapons that far out-perform the epic.

As for the under 60 deal, get a Khashek's Katar and a Fist of Iron.  Upgrade the Fist of Iron for a WLK when you get 55, and upgrade both for VIC's once you get 60.

Other than that, as the first serious poster said, only the gems of the void, perfect acrylia ore, and dense fungal padding are capable of being collected ahead of time.  You will get the dense fungal padding camping Lurgoz the decayed for Spirit of Flame, so don't worry about that one.  Camp the Akheva zone area and hopefully get a nice AC belt and 2 gems, then get an EB item, and camp the ore in th grey.  There isn't very much at all other than "raid" encounters for the beastlord epic, so there isnt much to do during lower levels ahead of time.

Eatbugs

QuoteI could easily turn 10k a night farming silks and reselling all the competition.

*cough*

Um - I'm a bazaar and tradeskills junkie.  There's no way you'd turn 10k a night on silk swatches.  If you did nothing but farm and had a full time bazaar trader bot, you might make 2-3k some days, when you caught someone skilling up - most days you'd make under 500pp that way.  While server economies do vary, I have to doubt they vary that much.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Xarilok

Pretty much 5 days outta 7 that I would sit in the bazaar, I would have at least one person buy at least 200 swatches from me.  I very rarely had a night that went by that no one bought swatches.  200 x 35ish plat per is 7k.

As I said, I would have hundreds of swatches, and I ALWAYS had the lowest price, since anyone that undercut me got bought out, and I profitted on them too.

Put another way, I started from scratch in june of this year, and am now 62, with a good amount of AA, as is my wife's 62 druid, which she started in june also.  In the last week alone we have spent ~300k on gear, some of which was made from drops we loot, but most is from selling the gear we wear, for more than we pay for it, then replacing it with better gear, which we sell for even more.  You don't get that much gear and plat in 2 months time, along with all the leveling we did if we had only made 500p a night.  Trust me, it was easy to make 5k a night on silks, with a good night breaking over 10k.  I don't bother with silks anymore, as the margin of profit on them is lower than other things I can sell, but it was GREAT money for quite some time, and anyone level 30 or better could kill the crag spiders and make a nice chunk of change.  Average crag has 3 or 4 silks, which means you get ~50p for every spider you kill.  Cornering the market only makes sure you sell silks faster, and gets you a bit more money too.

Hereki

As has already been pointed out, server economies vary a lot, and you don't get that many silks without spend a lot of time killing greens when many people would prefer to be levelling.

For example - on Venril Sathir, spider silks sells for 2-5pp each, and rarely; if you have them available all the time at 4-5pp, you will be cleared out every 3-5 days.  But then VIC sells for 12-16k here :).

Xarilok

Well, on your server, I would camp hill giants till they turned light blue, then head to ice giants.  That would make for solid PP income, since silks won't net the same pp, but farming actual plat is ok, since everything is so cheap.  Farming HGs till I could buy 2 VICs would take half a year on my server, with them holding at 30k+  :(

Mneumenth

VIC on EMarr Ive seen for as low as 6k, and normally at 10-12k.  I bought the 6k one, hehe.

/shrug
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Raaski Razorclaws

VIC's are super cheap...if someone is charging 20K+ it isn't becuase of the difficutly, it's because they are make a HUGE markup.

Triguk

Thank you Eatbugs for the anwser. Thats pretty much what I suspected but I figured I would check it out here first.

And uhh...thanks I think to, Xarilok, for talking to me like a three year old :roll: . I intend to to the Epic as soon as I am able too. Not becuase the weapons are uber-l33t but becuase it will be a nice distraction from leveling. I know VIC's are better but there is no way I could pharm plat, it's just not in my blood to waste my time killing Giant all day just so I can buy new loot. Much more fun to group with friends and gradualy save up money. For me atleast

Xarilok

Was making it sound "quest-ish" not childish.  Sorry if you interpreted it that way.

Triguk

s'ok no hard feelings :D