Main Menu

Soloing the epic

Started by Logato, January 07, 2004, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logato

Anyone soloed the epic? I am half way through 64 with 3AA and have never gotten the epic, being a casual gamer and not having a guild or tons of friends behind me to help me.

So, I was wondering if anyone had soloed it, what the state of their gear was, and how many AA they had or what AA they thought they had to have to solo it.

Mahes

I think there's probably at least a dozen beasts that have done a true solo of the epic.

Almost all had a large amount of AA, elemental+ gear, and 65.

When I did mine, I was in elemental gear, about 260 AA.  As for key AAs...pretty much everything you can get defensive for the bare minimum.  I also had all the offensive and healing AAs at the time.

The copper medal of war and most of the scouts were easy with what I had.  Some were just a test of endurance.  At 65 none of the 6 scout mobs landed any of their procs/AEs on me.  LFay I would say was the hardest as the horse seemed to just tear through my hps faster.  Perma was really not that hard as long as you got him to warp to the ice giants.  TD images were easy if you solo pulled them.

The biggest obstacle in my opinion would be Draz himself.  It's an endurance fight that will really test your skill as well as your mana pool.  I did mine without the special claws, though, as I was trying to be cute with my bst alt getting epic'd.

Anyway...it's doable but it does require good gear and a good bit of AA.  I did use KEI in every fight, but didn't find a need for any other buffs, though the only one I needed it on was Draz.

I'd be happy to elaborate on the steps I took, should anyone wish to send a tell.   :)

Emmdee

I've soloed every part of my epic i have done so far which is the croc, bear, spider and the monkey. The hardest part so far was waiting for the Perma scout to respawn after i killed the bear because a certain other beastlord decided that he was going to be jealous and kill the scout while i was engaged with the bear and before i could get back up to hand in.

I expect to solo the other 2 mobs easily when i find them up.

I also found a full spawn of the images in TD up the other day about 20 mins after a server reset, so i sat and waited 15 mins so see if someone would come. Sent tells to every unanon beast on the server but nobody knew anything about it. So what they hey, i killed them. Single pulls, never in any trouble. I also don't imagine Draz being a huge hassle but i guess i'm lucky with my equipment to be able to do it.

I sorta do agree that the BST epic is too easy, but i really don't want to see it made any more difficult for the up and coming beastlords. EQ is meant to be fun, not a bullshit frustrating timewaster of a game. As it is, our epic is fun. Theres no boring long camps for rarely dropped stuff, theres nothing that can't be done by just a few groups of 50's and the fights are easy to get to and don't take forever. I only wish that all the epics could have been that way from the start.

Zorthar

Quote from: EmmdeeThe hardest part so far was waiting for the Perma scout to respawn after i killed the bear because a certain other beastlord decided that he was going to be jealous and kill the scout while i was engaged with the bear and before i could get back up to hand in.

That is quite lame of the beastlord to do  :?

Vidyne

Have duoed Torment, Decay, Sorrow, and Rage with a 55 bst.
Could have soloed them.

Imagine I could solo the TD fight.
Imagine I could solo Icebound, may be a tad tough tho
Dont think I could take Malevolance... maybe with more def and more mana.
Dont think I have the spell dps without crits to take Dark Animist in FG.

and of course can solo the grimling forest, which I almost did at 44.

Tastian

The TD fight was a total joke.  Outside of getting summoned into the middle of all of them I can't fathom losing to them.  I didn't even heal myself except againist the unslowable one.

The bear was ok, but one of the harder fights for me.  

The final fight in FG is just long(ish) well slowed drak wasn't even beating out my regen.  If I'd actually had the epic claws on me it would have gone much faster.  I actually let slow fade so he'd take more damage on my DS hehe.