Main Menu

Grimling: Camp 4

Started by Nuknuk, January 08, 2004, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuknuk

Ok so last night I decide I would give another go at attempting to solo in Grimling for the next turn-in.  Each time I have had trouble with DPS, but this time I had a Druid with me, so I figured I would give it another go.

So be it, I trigger the General, bla bla bla.  The scout and I head off to camp 4.  Ok im thinking, just do the best you can right?

This attempt was worst than the last.  I triggered the waves, and pulled with slow, but the mob wouldnt come.  Next thing I know im getting hit by a green mob in the 200+'s.  Im of course like wtf is this?

2 min later, wave 2 is already in bound, the mob I was on was doing a chain heal on himself, and I said screw it, and we evac'd.

Anyone else run into something similar doing Grimling?

Nuk
Nuknuk    - 56 Troll Beastlord (Brell)
Ginasye    - 58 Woodelf Rogue (Brell)
Binkkie    - 50 Hafling Druid (Brell)
Tuvenea    - 30 Dwarf Cleric (Brell)

garios

Are you referring to the one where they tell you to watch out for the clerics?  if so you can not pull or kill the clerics till a certian point that i have not found.  But i know that if you kill these clerics that they just respawn and dont move.  When you kill a cleric it clears agro and there are 5 clerics two out side and one in each hut.  I also found that the fire has alot of mobs in it but it does seem to be a certian amount because i could pull them all and train them to zone with a big ass amount that i could not count.
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Nuknuk

Quote from: gariosAre you referring to the one where they tell you to watch out for the clerics?

Wasnt any mention of clerics, but he was healing like a cleric, so maybe that is the case.  It just seemed out of place, considering all I have read was that camp 4 was supposed to be the easiest.  But there is another thread here somewhere, I read today saying camp 4 was bugged.  

The mobs name didnt give me any indication it was any different than the rest of the mobs.  And from what I have noticed in the past was, the non-target mobs where at the camp fires.

This one was out to the left side of camp 4.

Nuk

garios

non target mobs at the camp fire?  sorry i dont remeber what camps i did or where.  I remeber one raid with 5 mobs around a campfire that you cant target.  You just pull everything else around the camp till all the mobs that started at the camp are dead.  Than the ones around the camp fire are targetable.  I believe killing them is suppost to spawn a boss mob.  But i didn't see one but when i ran back they said the camp was clear.  That could be the bug that i being talked about.
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Zorthar

From my experience with camp 4, it is bugged, there seemed to be 50+ mobs in camp on time and more kept coming.  My friend trained them to the guards, and when he got back, there were like 20 more already there.

Nuknuk

Right, from what I have read you kill everything around the campfire, including those in the tents/huts.  Then those become targetable, then the named pops.

Just my observations of attempting to do 4 different camps solo, but this camp 4 proved to be different than the rest.  I could get the first two waves at other camps, then had to back out because I just couldnt kill them fast enough.

Nuk

Mindlet

I have already posted about camp 4 but I will repost here.

I did camp 4 with my rogue (65) and a druid (59). When we started I went and killed one of the clerics. It was perma rooted and when it died instant respawn. There were a ton of mobs at the fire and I ran up and pulled them all out. Druid kited them and we killed them off 1 at a time. Got back to camp and the druid was able to single pull from the waves that had arrived while we were kiting. Killed them and they kept on coming. Once we had them all dead the fire was packed again so I trained them out and we killed them. More waves came in and we cleared them. The fire did not respawn. The clerics became unrootable and we killed them. A wave or 2 arrived between getting the clerics killed which we stopped to clear. Last cleric died the waves stopped no named spawned. I looted every grimling we killed and not one dropped a copper medal.

Kordeen

So, if I am getting this, camp 4 is bugged or there is a certain way to take it out. Me, a 53 BST and a 51 Necro got our arses handed to us by ONE Green /con. I couldnt believe it. I tried it 3 times in the same nite, same results. I would ask the General "which camps" he would say 4, would then go to the Scout and he would send me to a Vet who would then lead me to Camp 4.

I sent 1 /bug and went back the next evening and nothing available but the "town". Not sure what "town" they are refering to. Went back the third evening, after another /bug, now nothing is open... Ok, wait for the patch.... Once again, nothing open. Ask the General "Which Camps" nope, nada, 0, available.

Ok, so now myself,  a 48 bst, 49 warrior and a 60 ranger just start wiping out the zone. Not sure how to number the camps either. We took out everthing on the west side with the exception of the camp with the platform full of casters. Killed 5-6 couriers that spawned about every 3 re-pop for the camps and no drops....

I am on the Fennin Ro server and am getting a little pissed. Now I know why they call it EverQuest!

Was told by a fellow guildie that after the next expansion came out to try again... We'll see. I helped a fellow BST, guildmate get his medal. I saw the problems he was having with the /bugs and it doesn't look like its changed.