Main Menu

TD scout - 5 shards......

Started by jakethecake, January 17, 2004, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakethecake

I recall reading something about this on 'that other board' but not 100% sure what the situation is. A fellow beastie in my guild did this scout on Antonius Bayle this thursday and only 5 shards dropped. (He has petitioned but not heard anything so far) Some people were saying the GM will give the 6th shard, some that he will only get his seal back and have to do the scout again.

If its the latter I assume that means that its not a totally broken quest in that he drops 6 shards some times.

Main reason I'm concerned is I'm due to do this scout the next time he is up and I'm not really looking forward to only collecting 5 shards and then waiting on a GM.

Is this happening on other servers?
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Merescata

This is a known bug.  /petition and hope guide knows about it.  IF not have it escelated.  OR e-mail GM of your server.  IT may take awhile but I believe most have been rewarded the shard and stuff.
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Tytallia

When this happend to me a GM came to me and had me destroy the bag and 5 shards I had. Then he gave me the seal to do fight again.

Mindlet

If that happened to me I wouldn't be destroying any shards because you could get 5 again. If you kept the original shards you would have more than 6 and be done otherwise you are screwed again.

Before you spawn the images make sure all raptors are dead and if any respawn get them fast.  I only did this once helping a friend and we had no problem we just made sure no raptors got on an image.

Tastian

Actually up to this point in helping a friend with epic and twice now have logged in to check the TD scout to find 5 images up.  Lastnight only two up.  Are the shards different?  If not might just snipe the images that are up and start hording the shards now in case it spawns short when we actually do the turn-in.

Dakat

It's been a while since I did my epic, but the same thing happened to me once I turned in the coin to the Scout.  I only saw 5 images up.

I went ahead and killed the 5 that were up.  At 60, they were single pullable. Anything green usually is.  After I killed the other 5 I sent a petition out to the GMs.

About 5 minutes goes by.  When I pulled each scout I casted my slow from long range. I actually never went into the hut.  So from my point of view, I only saw the 5 scouts.  As I was waiting around the area, I decided to actually approach the hut.

When I approached, I didn't see anything around.  I sat down to go afk right in the middle of the hut to get some water.  Before I could actually get from out of my seat, the 6th image attacked me.  Apparently, the 6th image had spawned in the wall in the corner.  Only until I got into agro range and actually got inside the hut did I get attacked.

Not saying this would happen or did happen in your situation.  If I were you, make sure you check out the hut thoroughly before giving up or calling for the GM.  Lucky ?  No not really.

rawllef

What is the loc of the scout in TD?

Rawllef
Mith Marr

Merescata

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Tubuk

I was lucky with the AB GM. Ok, it took three weeks and an offline petition.

But I got dumuls seal back, because one image was killed by raptors. (stupid mistake)

Rippertiger

i was doing this part of the epic 4 days ago and i only got 5 shards i petitioned and i still havent recived any word on if ill get my seal back or get a shard the guide said he sent a reqeust form of some kind not sure but i could realy use some hope im thinking ill probaly hafe to start entire epic over again for some reason i dont think GMs care any more
server-cazic thule
name - rippertiger
surname - demonblood
lvl-54
class-beastlord
race-vah shir

Mindlet

Online petitions are useless now days. Go to the eqlive site and use send and email to server gm.

Rippertiger

i tried an email and so far no real replie
server-cazic thule
name - rippertiger
surname - demonblood
lvl-54
class-beastlord
race-vah shir