Main Menu

Copper Medal of War Frustration

Started by Rakr Xine, January 23, 2004, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat

Help another guildy with this last night. She tried for three hours to get one the night before, but didn't trigger it correctly.

We did camp 2, cleared it in 10 mins, and got three CMoW drops. All three were off of the little grims that popped out of the fire. Named did not drop one.

I have also got drops off of boss mobs in camp 1 and 3.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Ooklak

Ok, I'll post what happened when I got my CMOW post revamp (mid February 2004).

I went in to find my CMOW and all camps were clear so I proceeded to kill bandits for a while, not bad cash, little xp as I was 50ish at the time and some mobs were light blue. I had my 55 bard around to snare and sing heal/mana song to keep me alive. After almost a week of camping them with no CMOW drop the server finally reset for a patch.

Go in and of course no one had cleared any of the camps so I took everyones suggestion and did camp 1. I also noticed that there were mobs spawning in the fire that seemed to respawn every little bit if I got too close to the fire. At first I wasn't looting trash mobs, but I had such a pile from the mobs in the fire that I started clearing corpses and lo and behold after about the 6th or 7th loot there it was, not a named mob, just some trash mob. Instead of clearing the camp, I ran to zone so some one else could do the quest, either for CMOW or just to do the quest..

So what's the moral of this story ? LOOT EVERYTHING, any mob in the quest can drop the mob.

arcticbeast

Did this part yesterday 3/25/04.  

I didn't read all the post and the ones I did read I just skimmed.  What I got out of it was start the quests and kill whatever pops since it can drop the medal.  Well after 3 hours and no medal (no named either) I figured I must be doing something wrong.  Came back here and read a few more posts and realized I wasn't really triggering the event properly.

You need to make sure you tell the scout or vetran that you are ready to fight when he takes you out to the camp.  Doing this caused the event to actually take place.  When I did this properly I got the named in camp 3 to spwan.  Looted the medal and I was done.  Wish I had realized this sooner.  What should have taken just a few minutes ended up taking like 4 hours.  So remeber the key phrases are:

the general:
Which camps   - list of camps that are avail

the scouts or vetrans
I am here to help  
I am ready to go    - this one triggers the scout to take you out to the camp.
I am ready to fight  - this one actually triggers the event when you are at the camp.
ArcticJade
65 Beastlord on Luclin

Vidyne

Did mine around October/September.
Came in at lvl 44 and took out camp 1, The named started to run and died as two grimlings from the forest(not part of the regular war) added and dropped my final 30% of life, as I was oom and chasing the named with my pet at about 10% life trying to kill him before he got away.

Was in the process of looting it as I was killed and zoned back to PoK....
Even with bard speed I could not have made it back fast enough and no ports were available....

It rotted.  
Given my death at camp 1, I didnt try camp 2 or any other camp.
The next day, all camps were done except town.

I killed about 43 coin couriers over the next week, spending 1-3 hours a day at this zone I hated for a long time after this.... with no drop.

I camped before a patch night in front of the general, and was up within 30min of servers going up, went to camp 1(now lvl 50 with KEI + V), killed it, saw old swiftlegs pop, and sent fluffy to eat him this time.  Kitty had no problem destroying him, medal dropped... happy beastlord.

As of my knowledge the grimling war probably doesnt repop because of killing soemthing... or I just dont know what it is im supposed to kill....
However...
It can/cannot repop on server reset.... ive seen both, it repopped, and it completely done, MINUTES after servers went live.
Ive seen it repopped 3 times in a week with no server resets.
Ive seen it be completely done and not repop for a whole month(3 weeks 5 days)

Soullbash

Did this last night in 15 minutes.  Since the server reset almost all the camps were up.  Talked to the General then to Husman and got camp 2.  Pet solo'd the whole thing and didn't get below 95%.  Three CMoW dropped before the boss mob, but the boss mob didn't drop one.
Level 63 Savage Lord
Avengers in Faith
The Rathe

Rholin

I just got my medal.  There is a small trick to it.

When the scout runs you to the camp, you clearly see the yellow lettering instructing you what to do.  What you might not notice is the chat directly above it with a trigger phrase that will spawn the camp.

Took me a couple tries to figure this out.  I ended up clearing camp 1 without using the trigger phrase, clearing camp 2 without it, then camp 2 with it (wicked - little grimlings come charging out of the fire at you), then camp 1 with the trigger phrase.

With the trigger phrase, you get some extra mobs that aren't targettable until you take out the rest of the camp.  Then they come alive and go ballistic on you.  After you take them out, a final named boss appears (Soul Echo in camp 2, Arcanis Ugkipitawhooey- can't remember - in camp 1).  I got my medal from camp 1.

I get real impatient when I have to explore a new area like this.  The steep hills really got on my nerves.

There was minimal danger in camps 1 and 2 as a level 55.  I had to agro kite a group of them that hopped out of the fire at me to preserve my hp, but other than that, not a big deal, really.

Hutakat

Last night upon checking the War status, it was finally reset.  Myself and a level 60 BL went there and I talked with Scout Hussman.  He gave us camp 1 which we proceeded to clear.  The named spawned and dropped a medal which the level 60 looted.  

Went back to Scout Hussman and he gave us camp 2.  We started to clear and the normal mobs dropped 3 more medals which I looted and we sent a tell for a level 65 to loot.

Just letting everyone know my experiences.  Remember to loot all the mobs.

Hutakat