Main Menu

Another Riwwi Question

Started by Akiea, March 31, 2004, 02:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiea

I found a spot in Riwwi to safely pull the mobs that drop our tunic today. Problem I'm having now is that these dang Decapators or what ever they're called are owning me. I'm not sure that I could take one even if I was at FM...maybe, but it would be close.

Does my gear suck that bad or are they really THAT hard??
Cherick  Lk'Outgoat
Firiona Vie
Cherick's Magelo

Ukator Iceblood

Are those the Mastuq? I just pull to the Ferubi zone. Pull by nulifing magic (or whatever that spell is), run back to zone lin, sic pet, slow, wade in and fight with protective spirit on, whenever this runs out I back out and let the pet tank. DD when up, heal pet and your self, wade back in. Might have to do this once or twice. Go in pop the offensive disc and pound him as they run. Also these seem to disc at 20% or so. Anytime I hunt in Riwwi I always make sure I have at least 70% mana before I start.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Ttony

I think those can be the Ra'Tuk also. Those are the ones that can ENRAGE.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Shiska

I got my tunic off a Ra'Tuk Screambringer and I have verification that it drops off Noc Darklurches also.   Those are the more soloable mobs in the zone.  Several people have said they got theirs from Warfiends, and I've had one person on my server say they got one from a dog type wandering mob by zone in.  

Good places to get them seem to be either by Ferubi or doing Watchman/Chef area.   There are 11 static mobs in the houses and 5ish wandering Ra'Tuks around that area (Watchman PH's).   There are also 6 static positions outside the houses that usually spawn a Noc, but I've seen Chef and archers spawn in those positions also.  The best house to set up camp would be the house with the 3 Noc Darklurches/Archers.   This is easiest place to break from as the mobs there don't have the large Ra'Tuk melee range.   After you clear those three, you can single pull the wanderers on the Watchman cycle.  If you can get a group you can keep all the mobs in this area clear.   We did this for 2 weeks and saw three caster tunics and one regen tunic, just to give you an idea of what you're in for.   About 90 RL hours.

I wouldn't mess with Decapitators unless grouped.   I killed a ton of Decapitators with my druid and never saw a tunic.  I know for a fact they are on a different drop table.   That doesn't mean they don't drop the tunic, but it also doesn't mean that they drop it any more commonly either.  They are better experience, 2% per kill as opposed to 1%, but not worth the extra pain IMO.

Soriab

Mahes

Decapitators are only a touch harder, and may actually be the same level of difficulty.  What makes them special is that they only spawn around the arena and are the mobs that give faction for the Breakdown quest.

I'd agree with the post about setting up in the building with the 3 Nocs.  That's where I camp any time I do Riwwi.  Usually clear that house, the roamers on the Nightwatchman spawn table, and maybe one or two mobs around teh gazebo, solo.

As I said before, annul and Hobble of Spirits are very good tools for this zone.

Ukator Iceblood

Check my magelo for the tunic.

Hmm I think I'll wait a bit more before trying the Chef/Watchman spot solo. Losing the comfort of the zone line would be too much for little ole me.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Soriab

Hmm I thought it was the Abysmial Sea Quests armor.

Has anyone completed any of those yet?

Mahes

Don't believe it's been compelted yet.  I saw some of the plate pieces on Lucy when the Uqua changes went live and what appeared to be the beginnin piece of a few SK armors from that, but not any completed armor.

Where is the Chef area?  I'm assuming one of the other two buildings.  I tend to stay out of them thanks to Beta. :P  The few times I tried to hunt in them, Taskmistress always showed up nearby.  Speaking ok...how incredibly disappointing is her loot?  A charm that gets better or worse based on time of day dropping off a mob like that...yay!

Shiska

Saw second tunic drop today.   Was off a Noc Darklurch, static mob that spawned up in audience area of arena.   Can single pull these with snare from fallen pillars down below, I would assume you can do the same with slow or whatever your distance pulling method entails.

Skullet Crossbones

I also would like to know where this chef guy is....spill the beans!  :wink:

I did find the watchman and got his legs woot!

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Bengali

Chef spawns near the 3 noc building (that doesn't always have nocs in it).  A lot of the time he will spawn between that building and the cliff face (i.e., behind the building).  It's possible he has more than one spot he can spawn but that's where I've seen him.

If you're hunting in the noc building that Mahes mentioned and you decide to run around the corner to pull a few of the mobs outside, you may see chef spawn.  You may see taskmistress spawn too -- I've seen her spawn in one of the spots in the Noc building (that was fun) and in one of the wanderers' spots by the zone in (that was even more fun).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mahes

Hmm, is he soloable with PoTime gear and a good chunk of AAs?  I haven't been able to catch him or the Nightwatchman up.  Been told Nightwatchman requires at least a druid.

On beta he was soloable though a major pita.

Just trying to get some idea before I actually try to take him down for a key.  His drops are pretty sweet, as well.  Someone linked leather arms in /gu last night with 20 atk and some regen.  Not bad for droppable gear.

Ukator Iceblood

Hook me up Mahes!

hehe j/k
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Urim

Nightwatchmen if i remember correctly hits for 1160 max and Chef hits for around 900 max. It's been a while since the last time i been to Riwwi so i might be off by a little bit but around those ranges im pretty sure.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'