Main Menu

Ssra temple entrance

Started by celodar, April 16, 2004, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celodar

I got bored, was in the grey, and decided to wander into the ol' snake den and start mixing it up.  Rather pleasant suprise.  Snakes pull singly at entrance, double for low 200's, summon but are easy once slowed, and give almost 1/3 to half a blue AA exp each.  I have never been past the entrance atrium, so not sure what to expect deeper in.  No real loot of note, couple plat, and a 80-100pp gem here and there.

Anyone more familar with ssra know if its a good place to go deeper in for solo exp?

Aneya

I have soloed first floor a bit while waiting for tthe rest of my group to catch up to me. I was even able to deal with two mobs at once with relative ease but its not a spot I'd want to solo exp in.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Hereki

The entry level is mostly all the same as the ZI mobs; deeper in you get a few casters which are much easier, and some elites that are tougher.  In the mines (invis in and follow a map) are skeletons that are easier individually, but don't come single.  Upstairs mobs range from being more or less the same to much tougher to raid level.

The big thing about shissar is that they have very high ac, as well as middling high hit points, and so take long to kill.

Vahaus Warder

Get a rogue to open the assasin door for you and solo the assasin room. The assasin himself was a little tough for me but I did win. It's fun and you can get the entire room cleared with just enough med time to get FM or close before pops start again.

Hereki

Ssra also has one of the best ZEMs in Luclin, the best after Paludal, I believe.  Apart from the mobs painfully high AC, it's a better solo spot than it sounds.

Hurath

my guild owned ssra for some period of time(now we own VT on our server). well anyways i soloed the commanders for my emp key so the area is soloable no real loot except vender trash, i've soloed first floor and up at the top of the right tube(this was kinda tough but doable i'm not uber or anythhing either) well personally i got tired of it camping it hours for my key pieces but the raids there can be fun i guess... so ssra is solable er the lower levels at least

Elder Hurath Loremaster w/ 69 aa
under the legion of the Cursed Brotherhood
on TErrew Marr

houbbs

With Caspi I would go to the right door and to the coil. There are lots of good mobs there and some camp sites you can setup. When I would bring my Cleric over I would go up the coil and sit there. Was good AA and got my Commander stuff that way. Very easy as the pet rips through these.

Paayne

Went there last night with a cleric, killed taskmasters and did some commander camps.  It was a cake walk and decent exp.  The cleric had to go eat dinner and logged off, I stayed and tried the solo thing.  

It was real real easy, my mana bar never dropped past one bub unless I was casting fero.  I used the 625dd procing cudgel and that ATE the snakes.  They may have high ac but their HP sucks and that proc made short work of them.  Could do 2 at a time without breaking a sweat.

I would get almost half a blue aa per kill and it was non stop killing I made close to half an AA in no time.  Wasn't really watching clock but I think it's a safe bet that I could get damn near an AA an hour camping the commander spawns solo.

I will be back!