Main Menu

Fungus Grove -- Caller event

Started by Askyn, May 20, 2004, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Askyn

Just thought id add another spot for those that like a challenge / fun.

Go to fungus grove and try out the Caller Events.

Basically you go to the Tribal merchant in the first camp out from the outpost ( coming from EC ), and buy drink from him.

The more exspensive, the harder the mission. It starts out as 38pp and goes up to 98?

take your bottle of booze and go over to the next tribal area, were the cave leads in and splits into 3 caves. At the entrance to this tunnel should be 3 callers.

Give one of them the bottle of drink, it doesnt matter which as the difficulty is determined by the drink.

After a min the caller will walk off and head into the tunnel of his choice. Follow him.

When he gets in his tunnel he will than chant and summon 3 mobs. These can spawn down the Tunnel at the end or out side the tunnel. Its random.

Trick is here to get agro on them, use your pet to split them, and kill them quickly while keeping up your mana and hp.

The caller will summon several ways on a fixed time scale ( higher costing drink means faster summons and harder mobs), than he will take a short break ( approx 5 mins ).

The caller will also help kill the creatures summoned if you get them close to him, so it will help.

NOTE: IF you get behind in killing the mobs you can agro them and run them up to the tribels in the main cave and they will kill them. You will loose any named that might have been up at that time tho. ALSO, the mobs proc a "fungal net" on you that is a VERY bad snare.

Named can drop some interesting stuff, its fun and challenging .. give it a shot =)

Derrict

The snare is difficult to resist, also.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired

gatorbaiter

I've been doing this solo and it is fun; I can keep up with the cheapest bottle, but eventually fall behind with the 2nd most expensive bottle.

One problem tho.  With the dx9 targeting glitches I ended up killing the caller when he had 2 mobs on him (he was low on health, and had autoattack still on).

Is there any way to raise faction with these guys??

Thanks

ShaitynAB

I did this for a bit solo yesterday.  However, I just don't do enough DPS yet and fall behind after around 3 rounds.  Last night, my wife and I duoed it with her 65 necro/my 65 beastlord and did fine.  It's a fun event and a nice change of pace.

However, be wary of other people doing this event at the same time that you are as their mistakes can and will get you killed.

A 65 bard and druid were there handing in 2 bottles at a time.  They were nice enough, trading BoT9 for SD, running over and DSing me from time to time.  However, they were using what I have to call an exploit.  The caller remains rooted in place all the time.  If you aggro him, the mobs he calls will not attack him.  Then they handed multiple bottles to the caller at a time, getting 6 mobs a pop with the hardest turn in.  At times they had 20+ mobs up.  When the mobs would spawn, they would train them to the town and let the tribals kill the trash while the bard highsun'd any names back to it's spawn point.  When things go bad, those mobs don't just disappear.  They died, we ended up with their mobs, we died.

3 named pops, 2 Fungus Coated Tarmak Staffs, 1 Fungal Flesh Gloves-about an hour and a half run time on the event.

-Shai
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Gatito

Yeah, I was reading about this "tactic" that bards can use.  Seems pretty cheesy to me so if you see a bard doing the Caller event I'd recommend coming back another time.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin